Christmas 2023 #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ok people, today is officially Christmas tree putting up day (need to work on the name). What’s your choice of film while putting up the tree? I’m thinking maybe Christmas vacation.
Me too! I always watch the Santa clause

Reactions: 1
I want these for either hanging round the newel post at the bottom of the stairs or off of my mantel piece. They are habitat in Sainsburys but not available through Argos so can only add them to my basket through Sainsburys. I don't do food shopping in Sainsburys so it's not like I can even justify putting an order in for them to possibly end up subbing them anyway. I'm going to have to make a trip to Sainsburys to try and find them View attachment 2593283
I bought some gold hanging bells from Home Bargains the other day. They’re currently hanging from my living room curtain rail

Reactions: 2
I want these for either hanging round the newel post at the bottom of the stairs or off of my mantel piece. They are habitat in Sainsburys but not available through Argos so can only add them to my basket through Sainsburys. I don't do food shopping in Sainsburys so it's not like I can even justify putting an order in for them to possibly end up subbing them anyway. I'm going to have to make a trip to Sainsburys to try and find them View attachment 2593283

It's not the best stock checker tool, but it might help
You have to manually change the store you want to check each time - it doesn't just show you what stores nearby have it 🙄

I wish they would just have the stock check option on the page of the item like boots or M&S

Reactions: 4
Ooh I’ve been thinking about buying these ones in Sainsburys, they’re very similar! I’ve resisted every time I walk past the Christmas aisle! Maybe this is a sign we should both buy them 😊

2C7EA6CA-3B84-49E8-B511-2B34B0A95AB2.jpeg

• Heart
I'm going to watch love actually at the cinema tonight and I can't wait. First Christmas film of the year so far

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I bought some gold hanging bells from Home Bargains the other day. They’re currently hanging from my living room curtain rail
I saw them - an influencer said if bells are not the exact colour you want (as they're a dupe of Neptune/The White Company?) you can put some rub and buff on to change the colour to bronze and change the colour of the ribbon . I couldn't be bothered with the faff 😀

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Me too! Do you have any recommendations for old types of Christmas films?
It's a wonderful life.
Elf
Home Alone
Jack Frost
Christmas with the Kranks
Arthur Christmas
My cousins and I would always watch The Mighty ducks too. :ROFLMAO:
---
The animated Grinch

They also made this with Santa retiring and trying to find a replacement.

My first time watching Jack Frost from start to finish last night and I loved it. Did have a lump in my throat at times and cried at the end 😢

Reactions: 2
I like to watch films that have Christmas scenes in, then build up to watching the full-on festive favourites 😊

I always watch Nightmare before Christmas first, then I think I’ll watch Edward Scissorhands and Gremlins next!

Currently decorating the Christmas tree, about to make a mulled wine and make some festive sausage rolls, this is my favourite time of year 🥰🎄🎅🏼🎉

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I finally found a gift donation tree so I will be choosing someone to buy a gift for.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.