Christmas 2023 #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Am I the only one that has bought NO presents yet?! My kids and husband donā€™t know what they want.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Omg 2 months !!!

My partner and I want to book a little christmassy market day with our 6 month pup - we live down south (Brighton way) and want to find somewhere thats within a decent driveable distance to go to?
Anyone got any recommendations at all pretty please :)

Reactions: 1
Omg 2 months !!!

My partner and I want to book a little christmassy market day with our 6 month pup - we live down south (Brighton way) and want to find somewhere thats within a decent driveable distance to go to?
Always surprises me that Brighton doesnā€™t have a good Christmas market. I guess thereā€™s no space for it (Brighton native here). I wouldnā€™t suggest taking a dog to a Christmas market, unless youā€™re going to carry him. Bath might be a good bet for you.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Always surprises me that Brighton doesnā€™t have a good Christmas market. I guess thereā€™s no space for it (Brighton native here). I wouldnā€™t suggest taking a dog to a Christmas market, unless youā€™re going to carry him. Bath might be a good bet for you.
I'm sure they do something at christmas but I always avoid it as it's so bloody busy šŸ˜‚
Yeah we were thinking Bath, and we have a little sausage so we're used to carrying him everywhere - maybe we will look at bath again!

Nearly finished now, just got to find a Hollywood mirror for my 12 year old going on 18 that is cool enough and she approves of šŸ¤£

Just to make my Christmas even better, we are renewing our vows on the 20th December šŸ„° just us and the kids! Hoping to find something elegant but with a Christmas sparkle to wear!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Am I the only one that has bought NO presents yet?! My kids and husband donā€™t know what they want.
Iā€™ve barely done a thing so donā€™t worry you are not alone! šŸ˜‚ Iā€™ve only got one present for my toddler because it was a brand that rarely gets discounted (Connetix - magnetic building tiles) so bought it when it went into sale. Trying to largely shop small + independent so should really get a scoot on but it does still feel like thereā€™s plenty of time left šŸ«£šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

Reactions: 3
Omg 2 months !!!

https://sussexexclusive.com/8-sussex-christmas-markets/ These are some in Sussex. Petworth is a charming town (lots of antique shops, nice Nat Trust house too) or Arundel could be pretty?

Reactions: 2
Just seen an advert for wooden toy wonderland at Lidl from tomorrow. So all of you who missed out on the wooden toys in Aldi might strike lucky with Lidl instead.
The advert had a dolls house, cooking station or sink - can't remember and something like a train or car track but it said they had lots more wooden toys.

I swapped my online delivery slot from Asda to Sainsburys. After all the stories I was worried I wouldnt get it but lots left :D
I'm hoping to make Christmas Cards this Year though i'm leaving it late. The plan is quite simple though just HO HO HO with the O's being buttons.

Iā€™ve almost finished present shopping.
Just need to wait for the millionaire raffle tickets for my dad (heā€™ll thank you for nothing else) and buy a ps voucher closer to Christmas.
Other than that Iā€™m all good šŸ˜

The temptation to wrap everything is really getting to me. I donā€™t have a lot of space and have everything crammed into some boxes/bottom of wardrobe and they wonā€™t all fit back in if I wrap them now so I have to keep reminding myself of that šŸ˜‚

Iā€™ve almost done for my daughter, just have a couple things left to get.

Not started on anyone else - I need some ideas for my 80+ year old grandma. She isnā€™t into anything really, doesnā€™t have any hobbies, sheā€™s out and about still visiting family most days, evenings sheā€™s happy sitting in front of the telly or with her kindle. Iā€™ve made her a hamper before and she didnā€™t really get itā€¦ Iā€™ve done the usual plants, flowers.

Anything she wants she would just go out and buy herself. She would prefer to choose things herself, she wouldnā€™t want anyone else buying her pyjamas or slippers, etc. Iā€™ve done vouchers for shops but I think she feels Iā€™m just giving her money and sheā€™s quite proud.

Iā€™ve for the past few years gone for a more ā€œletā€™s do something nice togetherā€ option and got an afternoon tea voucher but I feel like thatā€™s getting abit stale now weā€™ve done it a few times. Iā€™ve got her pics of me/my husband on our wedding and pics of my little girl and she made a comment on her last birthday that she doesnā€™t have space for anymore pictures/frames. Did my little girlā€™s footprint last year for her as a little ornament.

Genuinely at a loss ! Any bright ideas welcome šŸ™

Reactions: 2
Iā€™ve almost done for my daughter, just have a couple things left to get.

Not started on anyone else - I need some ideas for my 80+ year old grandma. She isnā€™t into anything really, doesnā€™t have any hobbies, sheā€™s out and about still visiting family most days, evenings sheā€™s happy sitting in front of the telly or with her kindle. Iā€™ve made her a hamper before and she didnā€™t really get itā€¦ Iā€™ve done the usual plants, flowers.

Anything she wants she would just go out and buy herself. She would prefer to choose things herself, she wouldnā€™t want anyone else buying her pyjamas or slippers, etc. Iā€™ve done vouchers for shops but I think she feels Iā€™m just giving her money and sheā€™s quite proud.

Iā€™ve for the past few years gone for a more ā€œletā€™s do something nice togetherā€ option and got an afternoon tea voucher but I feel like thatā€™s getting abit stale now weā€™ve done it a few times. Iā€™ve got her pics of me/my husband on our wedding and pics of my little girl and she made a comment on her last birthday that she doesnā€™t have space for anymore pictures/frames. Did my little girlā€™s footprint last year for her as a little ornament.

Genuinely at a loss ! Any bright ideas welcome šŸ™
I always get my nan a lovely little top or cardigan from M&S but Iā€™ll take her shopping and see what stuff she eyes up before I buy

Reactions: 1
Iā€™ve done quite a bit and another few orders this morning but Iā€™m going to pause now until Black Friday weekend. Going to have a weekend to myself and go and do my shopping early**

Also for anyone looking for wooden toys the works have some in that are lovely. Food etc and a really good price!

**expect a post here on Black Friday sayinf it was hell and I went home and did it online from the comfort of my own bed

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.