Chloe_lauren_xx

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No it isn’t. Half Cast is a horrible term. You say mixed race.
Everyone I know still says half cast, even all the half cast people I work with 🤷🏼‍♀️ Once my half cast friends are offended by it, I’ll stop. You can’t be offended by ever term that exists 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
I searched for a thread on chloe ages ago and was surprised there was only 1 with a few comments. I do actually think she is amazing and really got her tit together, it’s just the undeclared ads that pissed me off, like a lot of others.
I also don’t see an issue with her not sterilising bottles anymore, especially since she likely uses a dishwasher!

Reactions: 4
I searched for a thread on chloe ages ago and was surprised there was only 1 with a few comments. I do actually think she is amazing and really got her tit together, it’s just the undeclared ads that pissed me off, like a lot of others.
I also don’t see an issue with her not sterilising bottles anymore, especially since she likely uses a dishwasher!
Agreed, I think she’s a good mum and people give her a hard time just cos she manages to wear makeup and do herself up nice everyday and just assumes that that must mean she has a nanny etc. Good for her I say! Only thing really is the undisclosed ads and the lip smacking when talking, so many people do it and it grinds my gears but hey ho there could be worse things she could be doing 🤣

Reactions: 7
I can see why she is a good influencer. Her life is something to aspire too and that’s what companies want with an influencer

Reactions: 1
Everyone I know still says half cast, even all the half cast people I work with 🤷🏼‍♀️ Once my half cast friends are offended by it, I’ll stop. You can’t be offended by ever term that exists 🤦🏻‍♀️

'Half cast' is an outdated and offensive term. I've seen a live performance of the poem 'Half-caste', written by a mixed race person, which shows how the term implies someone is 'half' a person or their identity is incomplete or less than others. Not a term which should be used these days, despite what the Daily Mail reading gammons might say.

Attachments

Reactions: 9
'Half cast' is an outdated and offensive term. I've seen a live performance of the poem 'Half-caste', written by a mixed race person, which shows how the term implies someone is 'half' a person or their identity is incomplete or less than others. Not a term which should be used these days, despite what the Daily Mail reading gammons might say.
I’m aware some people find this offensive, but I have friends of colour who don’t. I have family members who call themselves half cast I’d offend my uncle if I stopped calling him that because other people didn’t like it.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
The terms 'coloured' and half cast' are both very outdated and offensive. Wtf is coloured anyway??? I'm mixed race and you're white, both colours!! Please don't bring racism into this, I follow chloe and she me (yes I'm mixed race) and although I agree shes bad for not declaring ads etc but she has always replied to me and like my pics!

Reactions: 8
The terms 'coloured' and half cast' are both very outdated and offensive. Wtf is coloured anyway??? I'm mixed race and you're white, both colours!! Please don't bring racism into this, I follow chloe and she me (yes I'm mixed race) and although I agree shes bad for not declaring ads etc but she has always replied to me and like my pics!
That’s all I said 🤦🏻‍♀️ I came here to defend her because she is not racist atall!

I’m aware some people find this offensive, but I have friends of colour who don’t. I have family members who call themselves half cast I’d offend my uncle if I stopped calling him that because other people didn’t like it.
And how often do you talk about your uncle’s race?

Reactions: 3
I used the word coloured as I myself am not white & yes I would find it racist is somebody called me by my colour , so using the word ‘coloured’ was my best option hun :)
And Chloe literally has never ever declared any gifts and if you think that’s normal you need to learn what influencers actually are meant to do :)

Reactions: 2
I think the issue is while the people you know may not be offended you could use the term in company of someone who would be offended, when you know better you do better.

Mixed race would be the correct term.

We are all coloured as we all have different colours of skin, and we are all whole humans, not half of anything.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
This is what annoys me about her Instagram
Yeah that’s ridiculous, I didn’t even notice that. There’s just no need for it is there? Alright, ads can be annoying for many reasons but honestly I much prefer influencers who are upfront about them.

Yeah that’s ridiculous, I didn’t even notice that. There’s just no need for it is there? Alright, ads can be annoying for many reasons but honestly I much prefer influencers who are upfront about them.
Ads shown properly don't bother me as much as it's just like during a program on TV. What annoys me is when people advertise stuff they wouldn't buy for themselves and who sneakily follow the rules like this

Reactions: 4
yea, expecially the friend who is selling China tat for quadruple the price you can get it on AliExpress 🙈
Are we both referring to tash_blake_ivy? I was quite surprised to see that she explicitly wrote ‘no refunds’ on her page description... that’s illegal 😐

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.