Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
@ordinaryjelly I can’t believe it’s been that long 😔 I remember you (and the legend that is middle jelly) from the ‘what I’ve done today’ thread around the time of the Euros and then you disappeared. Have you had times like this before where you’ve been in hospital for so long or is this the first time (if you don’t mind me asking)?
I like to think I can blame bloody England for this. At 10pm on the Sunday night we were having penalty shootout heartbreak and by lunchtime the next day I was paralysed in bed.

I had a relapse in 2018, but was only in hospital for 9 weeks and then walking with a frame for about 6 months before getting back to normal. I have never been in hospital for this long and while they anticipate that I will regain feeling in my legs they don't know if I will walk independently again. Progress is just so slow, it is disheartening. The only thing I have regained since this began is the use of my right hand thumb and 2 fingers and my swallow reflex. Everything else is as dead as a dodo.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11

whisperchat

VIP Member
ah I'm sooo excited, been invited to a NYE party and the theme is DRAG 😭 💕 this has seriously made me happy lol. I can't wait to shower myself in glitter

and sequins!!!!!!

• Heart

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
No plans for me tonight I feel a bit shit tbh. Might just go bo bo’s

eta: I just typed bo bo’s cos that’s what me and my fella call bed and I didn’t think when typing it who I was sending it to 😂

• Haha

BelleAmie

VIP Member
I joked about being a grumpasaurus earlier but I was actually having an alright day but now I’m really fed up.
I was supposed to be having lunch with a friend at work but they cancelled 10 minutes before we were supposed to meet. I was then going Christmas shopping with a different friend tonight and they haven’t cancelled but they said they’ll be late and then will also have to leave early so it’s barely worth going. I was so excited to see both these people today and now I just feel really disappointed and sad 😔

• Sad

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
Morning! The dreaded has happened, I’ve woke up and it feels like I’m swallowing razor blades 😩 had a shit sleep as well cos the baby was in with us, he was tossing and turning all night. He’s got some rosy cheeks so I think he’s teething. And he woke me up at 5:40 🥱

have a good day everyone ✨

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad

lemonlime

VIP Member
@Penguin86 It's difficult, don't be hard on yourself. You were scared and you went anyway, doesn't matter how it went. You did the hard part. One step at a time. Rest and recover 💗

@ordinaryjelly Despite your nickname here, I find you quite extraordinary. I love that you are determined to walk and I believe it too. Love hearing from you on this thread, and it'll be a joy to see that you're able to walk again. Sending love and hugs 💗

• Heart

coconochanel

VIP Member
Morning all, Oh dear seems like most of you are feeling under the weather:( hope you all start feeling better asasp!

Last edited:
  • Heart

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
I love this thread too!! I get well lonely sometimes and it’s nice to have you all here to report back to and talk about shite 💕 always guaranteed a laugh as well when feeling rubbish which is nice. I’ve been on the Sims and my fella is on Fifa. We just randomly pipe up going ‘you having fun?’ So we’re not completely ignoring each other 🤣

• Heart

WilmaHun

VIP Member
Morning everyone. I slept terribly :cautious: I am so glad it's almost the weekend! Hope everyone has a good day :) x

@Penguin86 I'm sure it will go fine and you'll be home later wondering what you were so worried about. But you don't sound pathetic, a phobia is completely irrational and out of your control! Let us know how it goes!

• Heart
Reactions: 10

WilmaHun

VIP Member
Morning! My boyfriend was snoring ALL NIGHT LONG. By about 3am I think I felt real hatred for him and at one point kicked him in the shin and called him a "Stupid snoring prick"😂. He thought it was hilarious when I told him this morning. :rolleyes:
Our water is still buggered so I'm really hoping that's resolved by the time I get home!
I was hoping to slip off work a bit early today, about 4ish because I could really do with just cracking on with some uni work, but once again my colleague isn't in :mad: so I'll have to stay until normal time.
This week has gone really fast, but at the same time I can't wait for it to be over!
Hope everyone has a lovely day whatever you're up to!! x

• Heart
  • Haha

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
I am so bored. I feel like I have read enough, watched enough, talked enough. I want to be able to do a jigsaw puzzle or some wordsearches on paper or write letters to someone but I am not able to. So frustrating when the mind is willing but the body is unable.

• Heart

lemonlime

VIP Member
Woke up and felt like staying in bed forever, it was just the perfect warmth and I was so comfortable 😭 Work is somewhat quiet today, probably the absence of our incredibly annoying interns is a reason why. It's nice and quiet and I could get some work done without having to bear the noise of witch cackles of a bunch of opinionated people in the background.

I'll need to see a friend this evening but already dreading it, I feel tired and my knee is still saying fuck you so climbing a bunch of stairs should be extra fun. Anyhow, after that I'll be home and hopefully I won't be bothered until monday morning. Just read that icing might help with the knee pain but not looking forward to that in this weather. Oh well.

Have a nice Friday everyone!

• Heart

WilmaHun

VIP Member
Morning everyone! I've done 2 loads of washing, changed 2 beds and had a bath and hair wash and it's not even 10am :) Hoping today is better than yesterday 😓

I've got a uni assignment coming up so today will mostly be spent working on that. We are going to the wholesalers later though and I am buzzing for that because the sweets and chocolate aisle is immense.

Whatever you're up to I hope everyone has a lovely day! 🤗

• Heart

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
Evening all.

Mr Jelly thinks it is right weird to just natter about our days like we do. Oddball.

Tomorrow is parents evening for Middle Jelly. I just talked to them all before they went up for a bath and he said to me "just ignore what Mrs R says, Mum, she doesn't understand me" so I feel like he is expecting her to be harsh about him. I felt like saying to him if you just behaved it would probably be OK. But then at the same time he isn't really naughty, he is just incompatible with school or something. We'll see.

My stomach is so sore today, I have been asleep all day, didn't manage to get out of bed at all. Will try again tomorrow.

Will try and catch up here.

• Heart

Hope96

VIP Member
Can't sleep. I feel dreadful. I wish my brain would give me a break from shitty thoughts which do my mental health no good. 😪

• Heart

whisperchat

VIP Member
Feeling a bit low tonight to be honest, my bf is in bed, my mum is in a right mood for no apparent reason so it’s just me and the dog.. I started to cry at something on the tv earlier which I wouldn’t normally be bothered by so I think maybe it’s just a shitty evening!! Jealous of the people on here playing the sims. I wish I had a decent working laptop that I could play it on… kill the hours a bit! Have a good night everyone x

• Heart