Chit chat #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I buy for about 7 people at Christmas and try to stick to a certain amount per person. My godchildren are at the age where they just want money and I just find that so boring.

Reactions: 1
I'm lucky at Christmas - I only have my parents and possibly a work secret santa to buy for. My nana's present comes from 'the family.'

Speaking of money grubbing relatives though - Before we went NC with my older sister she used to ruin every single Christmas by throwing a tantrum about not getting enough gifts (even in her 30s), would sulk, and then demand to be taken home early. Anything my parents got her that wasn't 'good enough' for her, she just left behind.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
That reminds me as well actually I absolutely do NOT play secret Santa at work. What a load of tit! You stress yourself out over what you’re getting the person to end up with a load of crap back.

I once got a ‘grow a boyfriend’ and a dot to dot of willys book … but I’d been with my fella for about 7 years at the time so struggled to see the relevance?!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
I'm lucky at Christmas - I only have my parents and possibly a work secret santa to buy for. My nana's present comes from 'the family.'

Speaking of money grubbing relatives though - Before we went NC with my older sister she used to ruin every single Christmas by throwing a tantrum about not getting enough gifts (even in her 30s), would sulk, and then demand to be taken home early. Anything my parents got her that wasn't 'good enough' for her, she just left behind.
She sounds like a nightmare. I personally hate receiving gifts

Every secret Santa I’ve ever done I just get them a load of chocolate and sweets. What can go wrong 🤣 (unless their allergic or something or don’t like choccy and sweets. In that case their weird and don’t deserve presents) joking not really

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Every secret Santa I’ve ever done I just get them a load of chocolate and sweets. What can go wrong 🤣 (unless their allergic or something or don’t like choccy and sweets. In that case their weird and don’t deserve presents) joking not really
I have been given chocolate I was allergic to twice in a row in Secret Santa :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
Can you imagine if we did a Tattle secret santa? It would be dildos galore!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Apart from immediate family, only the under 18 gets a present..Although it does piss me off that my uncle and his son, who has 3 kids that I buy for, never brought my son a present when he was younger...I have stopped with the birthday presents for my cousins kids, as I never see them..which probably sounds mean!

Also, I think the media needs to have a word with themselves for scaremongering people...My husband has driven past two petrol stations on the same road and they are queuing out onto the road! It's this sort of behaviour that makes things worse!

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I've just fell out with my MIL and it feels so good knowing I haven't got to see her this weekend like planned now. 😂 (Does this make me a bad person?)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
no 🤣 did you fall out cos she wanted to copy your perfume?
No but I wish it was that!

Silly bat has been coming to see me even though someone in her household has covid!! and their symptoms started on Friday last week but she only got her positive result yesterday we were there on Sunday and she STILL didn't think to mention that they had symptoms!! (They were in their bedroom the whole time we were there, but it's still courtesy to say!)

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
No but I wish it was that!

Silly bat has been coming to see me even though someone in her household has covid!! and their symptoms started on Friday last week but she only got her positive result yesterday we were there on Sunday and she STILL didn't think to mention that they had symptoms!! (They were in their bedroom the whole time we were there, but it's still courtesy to say!)
The audacity of some people 😡 do you get on with her usually (when she’s not passing around covid)?

The audacity of some people 😡 do you get on with her usually (when she’s not passing around covid)?
Yeah normally! She's a bit annoying constantly copying my clothes 😂 but other than that mostly fine. Worst part is on Sunday I asked why the person wasn't coming down to say hello and she told me they were having a nap!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
Apart from immediate family, only the under 18 gets a present..Although it does piss me off that my uncle and his son, who has 3 kids that I buy for, never brought my son a present when he was younger...I have stopped with the birthday presents for my cousins kids, as I never see them..which probably sounds mean!

Also, I think the media needs to have a word with themselves for scaremongering people...My husband has driven past two petrol stations on the same road and they are queuing out onto the road! It's this sort of behaviour that makes things worse!
Yup, I spoke to one of my housemates and he said he saw one 20 cars deep. It's absolutely ridiculous!

Reactions: 2
I just dropped my car to the garage for its MOT. It should pass I think but it still stresses me out cos I don’t know a thing about cars. 🤣 hope they don’t try and talk technical to me when I pick it up

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.