Chit chat #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love the Asda but I think it’s cos I’ve always seemed to live close to one
Tesco seems good but I’ve never lived close to one to do a food shop
Mozza’s bakery is good
Saino’s is a bit rubbish, not much to it
Lidl bakery is the only good thing about the place
Aldi is really good but I reckon if I did my food shop there it’d just be mainly snacks
I’m not posh enough for Waitrose
Don’t live by a Co op
M&s is pricey but the snack bit is good 🤣

If we're breaking things down...

Asda - love it but inaccessible
Tesco - overpriced but okay, nice range of veg
Morissons - Nice. One of the very few places that sell 20% pork mince (or even 12%)
Sainsbury's - Like it but it's over an hour each way so only go rarely. They do a banging coriander mini naan bread though.
Lidl - can't use because of the giant tubs of pick-your-own nuts that people stick their hands in and then rub all over the shelves
Aldi - love it
Waitrose - love it but only when I visit family. Best for sauces/condiments
M&S - nice on payday for condiments or lunch snacks
One Stop - home of the Ice Blasts. Need I say more?
Co-Op - hate it. As soon as I get a handle on my snacking I'll hopefully never have to go back. Meat/veg is more expensive than Waitrose!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
If we're breaking things down...

Asda - love it but inaccessible
Tesco - overpriced but okay, nice range of veg
Morissons - Nice. One of the very few places that sell 20% pork mince (or even 12%)
Sainsbury's - Like it but it's over an hour each way so only go rarely. They do a banging coriander mini naan bread though.
Lidl - can't use because of the giant tubs of pick-your-own nuts that people stick their hands in and then rub all over the shelves
Aldi - love it
Waitrose - love it but only when I visit family. Best for sauces/condiments
M&S - nice on payday for condiments or lunch snacks
One Stop - home of the Ice Blasts. Need I say more?
Co-Op - hate it. As soon as I get a handle on my snacking I'll hopefully never have to go back. Meat/veg is more expensive than Waitrose!
your breakdown was more detailed than mine 🤣

do any of you have Spars where you are!? I’d never do a food shop there, I hate having to nip there for an emergency pint of milk it’s well expensive

• Haha
Reactions: 1
your breakdown was more detailed than mine 🤣

do any of you have Spars where you are!? I’d never do a food shop there, I hate having to nip there for an emergency pint of milk it’s well expensive
I lived next to a Spar when I was at Uni and it practically bankrupted me 😬 I don’t think we have any where I am now though, can’t remember the last time I saw one 🤔

We have spars dotted around, mostly connected to petrol stations I think. They’re well expensive I’m too tight to buy ANYTHING from there

I'm going to start shopping at Lidl because my food bill is quite high... then Iceland for frozen

but I'm lazy and Morrisons is a 3 minute drive - I know this because of my music 😂

• Haha
My kids have driven me absolutely bleeping nuts today.
I've actually heard the phrase 'but she's looking at me'

GOD JUST PRETEND TO LIKE EACH OTHER FOR 2 MINS!!!!!

I'm getting stoned to fuckeroo tonight 😂😂😂😂

(sorry for spoiling the supermarket chat)

• Haha
Reactions: 6
We live close to an Asda but we shop at Sainsburys across town. It is quieter and a larger shop and when we were in the middle of the lockdown they were restricting numbers unlike Asda so we just felt a bit safer going there. Price wise it isn't too bad really.

We don't have a Tesco near us and the Morrisons is a bit naff. I dont like Aldi as it is way too busy and frantic for me, I like to take my time 🙈

• Heart
I do my shop at Aldi as its cheapest then buy branded things like Heinz ketchup from B&M.

ASDA-this has the most choice of food but I don't like the shop
Sainsburys- my fab and doesn't have blaring music like the other big 3 stores
Morrisons- don't like, overpriced and not much choice.
Tesco- one of my favs but the clubcard prices are often the same price as the other shops when the item is on offer there.
Lidl-ok but don't like their meat
Aldi- fav for prices and most of their stuff is nice but you cant get everything there.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Yeah the club card prices are just a big con/conspiracy theory, they give off the illusion it’s a dead good offer but the same stuff is on offer in the other super markets 😂

Reactions: 4
I’ve never been to a Sainsbury’s or Waitrose 😱 doesn’t sound like I’m missing out on much. I’ve bought Sainsbury’s clothes online and was really impressed with the quality though!

I did have a trillionaires chocolate and salted caramel muffin from Morrison’s earlier though and it was SENSATIONAL

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I do our grocery shopping on Ocado, I can't stand going in store to do the big shop. We get our fruit/veg delivered separately from Riverford and we get our meats from the village butcher.

I then go to Aldi/Lidl for the bits I am influenced to buy from the thread on here.

Faggots, proper butchers ones not those awful Mr Brains ones are not crap tier!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.