Chit chat #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a riveting question for you all on a Saturday afternoon; where do you do your food shop?
I used to go to Morrisons but it’s further away and they’ve stopped/changed their loyalty scheme so now I go to Tesco - I like that the clubcard prices makes things cheaper (although people say it’s not cheaper, they just inflate the non-clubcard cost) and they have the handheld scanners so you can pack as you go round.
I’m wondering whether to start doing the bulk of shopping at Aldi/Lidl - is it actually cheaper to do a big shop there? Tesco always go on about the ‘Aldi price match’ so I’m not sure. I think I’m a bit snobbish put off because the shops are much smaller and seem a little bit more chaotic

I have a riveting question for you all on a Saturday afternoon; where do you do your food shop?
I used to go to Morrisons but it’s further away and they’ve stopped/changed their loyalty scheme so now I go to Tesco - I like that the clubcard prices makes things cheaper (although people say it’s not cheaper, they just inflate the non-clubcard cost) and they have the handheld scanners so you can pack as you go round.
I’m wondering whether to start doing the bulk of shopping at Aldi/Lidl - is it actually cheaper to do a big shop there? Tesco always go on about the ‘Aldi price match’ so I’m not sure. I think I’m a bit snobbish put off because the shops are much smaller and seem a little bit more chaotic
i do most of mine in Asda because it’s the closest one to me and I Cba to drive the extra 4 miles to Tesco’s 😂 I get a few bits from Aldi too purely because they are cheaper and nice though. I don’t think I could do a full shop at Aldi, there’s some stuff they just don’t do and I don’t like their versions of some things!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
@BelleAmie i do find it cheaper at Aldi/Lidl so I get lots from there (usually Lidl cos I didn’t have an Aldi but now we’ve got a new one that I’m gonna check out soon!!!) but there’s some stuff they don’t do or you know, branded stuff cos there’s some fake stuff I can’t accept 🤣 and for that I usually get at Asda

• Heart
I do my food shop at the Asda! I live a bit far from the Aldi to do it there but I would like to change but think I’d still need to go the Asda for a lot of stuff too!?

• Heart
I do the majority of mine at Aldi, in particular for unbranded things like bread/meat/fish/veg/fruit, but will get the odd thing from other ones every so often (or in the case of the co-op, too often).

• Heart
Reactions: 1
There's an Aldi 5 mins from me so I get most of my food shop there and Morrisons for the rest. I love Aldi, mostly because they sell just food. I get too distracted by clothes, homeware etc.

I shop online at morrisons weekly (housemate gets staff discount) and do once a month freezer shop at iceland online. I don't drive and suffer from agoraphobia so find it hard to leave the house

B528D165-E2B1-4D45-B846-A574B912BB67.jpeg

something tells me my dad is sick of getting “can you come get this spider” phone calls from me……

• Haha
Reactions: 8
There's an Aldi 5 mins from me so I get most of my food shop there and Morrisons for the rest. I love Aldi, mostly because they sell just food. I get too distracted by clothes, homeware etc.
Yes! One min I’m in Asda to get one item next thing I’m upstairs buying everything for the house. I can avoid the random aisle of crap in Lidl / Aldi cos it’s mostly junk 🤣

I love Asda but it would take me almost two hours to walk each way...

...I don't like Asda that much.

• Wow
I love the Asda but I think it’s cos I’ve always seemed to live close to one
Tesco seems good but I’ve never lived close to one to do a food shop
Mozza’s bakery is good
Saino’s is a bit rubbish, not much to it
Lidl bakery is the only good thing about the place
Aldi is really good but I reckon if I did my food shop there it’d just be mainly snacks
I’m not posh enough for Waitrose
Don’t live by a Co op
M&s is pricey but the snack bit is good 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.