Chit chat #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have my 6 month probation meeting on Friday and all I want to say is I quit so the plan is to try and apply for another job this evening. I'm having pasta with veggies for dinner so that'll be lovely. 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Team dry toothbrush here 😬 If there is a dentist reading this thread, they are looking at my recent posts like

tumblr_pi8z94PRCi1vvqqdm_250.gif

• Haha
We got my fellas Nan a double sized box of family circle biscuits for Christmas and she’s not even offered them round! Sacrilege!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I feel like absolute garbage. I'm physically and mentally totally drained. It might sound silly but what happened earlier really scared me. I can't keep eating like this, specifically or generally. I'm off to Aldi later to get some meat, fish, veggies, lentils, fruit, rice and potatoes and I'm going to cut out snack foods and ready meals for the forseeable. I've tried moderation for decades but the hyper-palatable marketing buggers have a tight grip on me. Which makes sense. They don't employ food scientists and say 'please create us a crisp that people will want to eat once a month.'

I'm not saying I'll never have crisps or sweets or sauces or sugary or snacky foods again but I think my taste buds, and my willpower, just need a little bit of a break for a few weeks, to just have some regular lovely foods, flavoured with oils, herbs, spices, salts and peppers. To just learn how to eat properly again.

I'm not going to count calories or carbs or anything like that, it's too much to do all at once. If I'm hungry, I'll eat. But I just need to get off this roller-coaster and reset.

I won't be boring and keep going on about it, I just needed to write it out somewhere so there's less chance of me talking myself out of it.

We got my fellas Nan a double sized box of family circle biscuits for Christmas and she’s not even offered them round! Sacrilege!

Are you all sitting in a circle though, maybe she's waiting for that.

Or she's eaten them all already!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Every night without fail my mum texts me to ask what I’m having for dinner and she didn’t message me tonight so I asked her and she sent me a snotty reply “only just got in from work Wilma haven’t even thought about it yet”

fucken hell alright cranky just doing what you do to me 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Every night without fail my mum texts me to ask what I’m having for dinner and she didn’t message me tonight so I asked her and she sent me a snotty reply “only just got in from work Wilma haven’t even thought about it yet”

fucken hell alright cranky just doing what you do to me 😂😂😂😂
This reminds me.. When I lived at home, at work we used to discuss what we’re having for dinner so one day I rung my mum and was like what’s for dinner tonight and she was like PEACHES IM AT WORK I HAVE NO IDEA I was like bleeping hell calm down was just wondering 🤣

• Haha
When I was having my booster jab I was a bit nervous (but loads better than I used to be) and the woman tried to distract me by saying "what are you having for your tea"...

... lady I don't even know what my name is at this point :LOL: I just mumbled something about 'getting something easy on way home'.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I have an electric toothbrush and wet first then after toothpaste! I need a new toothbrush though as the battery has gone so crap it needs charging every other day 😒

• Heart
Reactions: 1
So on that topic…what is everyone having for their dinner?!

I had sausages, chips and beans with bread to make a sandwich. Obvs.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Through lockdown me and my fella had fajitas every other day so I literally wrote ‘fajitas’ every other day on the what are you having for dinner thread. I think at one point I had it 3 days in a row 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Fajitas are so good though! I would have them 3 days in a row if I could. Obsessed with anything in a wrap 😋

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Me too I always get a wrap from Morrisons in meal deal 😋
I’m working tonight so will have food when I finish, I’m thinking five spice chicken and chips I had it a few nice ago and it was bloody lovely

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I feel like absolute garbage. I'm physically and mentally totally drained. It might sound silly but what happened earlier really scared me. I can't keep eating like this, specifically or generally. I'm off to Aldi later to get some meat, fish, veggies, lentils, fruit, rice and potatoes and I'm going to cut out snack foods and ready meals for the forseeable. I've tried moderation for decades but the hyper-palatable marketing buggers have a tight grip on me. Which makes sense. They don't employ food scientists and say 'please create us a crisp that people will want to eat once a month.'

I'm not saying I'll never have crisps or sweets or sauces or sugary or snacky foods again but I think my taste buds, and my willpower, just need a little bit of a break for a few weeks, to just have some regular lovely foods, flavoured with oils, herbs, spices, salts and peppers. To just learn how to eat properly again.

I'm not going to count calories or carbs or anything like that, it's too much to do all at once. If I'm hungry, I'll eat. But I just need to get off this roller-coaster and reset.

I won't be boring and keep going on about it, I just needed to write it out somewhere so there's less chance of me talking myself out of it.

Are you all sitting in a circle though, maybe she's waiting for that.

Or she's eaten them all already!
I feel the same, after a phase of empty comfort earting, I was so full but feeling so deprived. Eating fresh food actually helped a bit, I hope to keep it up. You can do it!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
We've had chippy tea 🙈 I've had a stressful day and I know I shouldn't stress eat but...it's done now 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.