Chit chat #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How bizarre does a young Abraham Lincoln look!?

Screenshot 2021-12-07 12.38.39.png

Side note - I've finally found a hairstyle I can relate to 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Omg it's so cold in this office I'm sat with my coat on and a hot water bottle stuffed up it 🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶

• Sad
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Right guys, has anyone watched Riverdale? I've heard so many good things about it and series 1 was good, but I just cannot get into it! I'm halfway through series 2 do I ride it out or does just stay a bit flat?

Reactions: 1
Right guys, has anyone watched Riverdale? I've heard so many good things about it and series 1 was good, but I just cannot get into it! I'm halfway through series 2 do I ride it out or does just stay a bit flat?
its shite it goes dead weird in like season 3 I gave up 😂

Reactions: 1
@Libbylulu It is such a small world really. Maybe our paths crossed in Cold Storage!

Afternoon all. I had a shower this morning, it takes so much effort but I always feel so much better afterwards. Had to sleep for 2 hours to recover. Have ordered some cute Christmassy things for my room. I am not OK with being in hospital over Christmas but may as well make the most of it.

Waiting for physio and then OT. Same old, same old.

Still stuck on this level on Zen Match. It is making me really pissy. I refuse to pay for this game but I think this is a level you can't get passed without buying extra moves.

Dissing Asda is a bold move @coconochanel!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I'm doing a buffet on boxing day for the inlaws cos MIL got jealous that we've got my family over for xmas (she already has plans to go to SILs but whatevs can't win). Important question here.

If you were going somewhere and there was gonna be a buffet... what would you expect? I've got a small list but wanna make sure she's got nothing to moan about :LOL:

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I can't believe that in the year of our lord 2021 napping at work places is still frowned upon. I'd be a better employee if I could get a shut eye every now and then. Instead I have to wait until I get home, fuming.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
If you were going somewhere and there was gonna be a buffet... what would you expect? I've got a small list but wanna make sure she's got nothing to moan about :LOL:
Sausage rolls, pigs in blankets, samosas, cheese grapes and apple on a stick, spring/duck rolls, mini pork pies, scotch eggs, bread sticks and dip, hummus and pitta, mini sarnies but absolutely no mash

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
I'm doing a buffet on boxing day for the inlaws cos MIL got jealous that we've got my family over for xmas (she already has plans to go to SILs but whatevs can't win). Important question here.

As it's on BD I'd go similar to Christmas Day - leftover roast turkey, pigs in blanket, stuffing (not for me), cranberry sauce and then freshly cooked veg and roasts. Then people can just pick and choose the bits they want.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Oh I wouldn’t want roast stuff on Boxing Day cos I’d be bored of roast stuff after having it the day before 😂 but that’s just me

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Sausage rolls, pigs in blankets, samosas, cheese grapes and apple on a stick, spring/duck rolls, mini pork pies, scotch eggs, bread sticks and dip, hummus and pitta, mini sarnies but absolutely no mash
To add to this, quiches/flans(whatever you wanna call them), crisps & dips. My mum also makes a leftover turkey curry from the Christmas Turkey and also a beef joint and roast ham with some mini jacket spuds

• Heart
See she's already had a tantrum that I'm not doing a roast 😅 But I'm cooking on xmas so I don't wanna do another one the day after!

So she can have a buffet and like it :ROFLMAO:

Thanks guys! I'm off to Iceland at the weekend 😅

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Haha
I gave up after series 1 I just couldn’t get into series 2 either!

Mini sausage rolls!!! My fave
Pizza
Cocktail sausages
Crisps
Pickled onions
Cheese and crackers
Cold pasta

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Some banging suggestions here guys!! Buffet food is top tier, the only reason I ever go to parties is for the buffet 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
@WilmaHun - A perfect balance of sweet and savoury . Some buffet let downs for me is when it's mostly savoury with maybe one cheesecake (that serves four) plonked in the middle. Some mini rocky roads, flap jack's, chocolate cornflakes, bakewells etc.

• Heart
@WilmaHun - A perfect balance of sweet and savoury . Some buffet let downs for me is when it's mostly savoury with maybe one cheesecake (that serves four) plonked in the middle. Some mini rocky roads, flap jack's, chocolate cornflakes, bakewells etc.
Ooooh yeah good idea. I love baking so I'll do some cupcakes, brownies and mini cheesecakes too!!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.