Chit chat #12

Best festive tub

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Previous thread:

New thread boys. I’ll leave the lovely @coconochanel to do her fab recap. If she’s not in B&M or something that is

• Haha
Reactions: 8
woo hoo new thread and no I haven't been to B&M or Home Bargains today:oops:. anyway thread recap....

We opened the first door of our Advent calenders. Some of us got Chocolate, some got tea, others got beauty bits, no one got sex toys:oops:

After reading quite a few posts wrong and thinking @Boredofthegram had gone to Costa when she had in fact gone to Costco, and wishing baby watermelon Happy Birthday when @watermelon sugar had actually said he's on one not He's one, I've decide to go for an eye test.🤦‍♀️

We discussed which Christmas Chocolate tub is the best hence the poll 👆

We decided Chomps are a chocolate bar that often gets overlooked and @watermelon sugar cant understand why!

No one has been giving 25 minute hand jobs. I mean its the 5th of December, Christmas is in under 4 weeks we haven't got the time for any of that and we arn't that tit at hand jobs that it would take us that long in the first place.

Some of us told bad jokes so I shell leave you with this one...

Q. What do you get if you cross a duck with Santa?

A. a Christmas Quacker.

you are welcome!:giggle:🎅

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
We’re flying through these threads like my house is mince pies.

Right, I’ve always had real Christmas trees. I’ve never had a fake one. One of my mates always had a fake one until last year she got a real one after asking me loads of questions. Now she’s texting me giving me advice on where to buy trees and tit. Is it rude if I tell her I’m an expert & to duck off?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I am a bit of a Christmas tree snob 😂 when my fella suggests we get a fake one I’m like absolutely not. We are a real tree family. We do have a little fake one for little peaches room though ☺

• Haha
I've never had a real tree because I always think what if it dies before Christmas day and you end up with a sparse tree with baubles hanging on it. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
I was the Virgin Mary 👰 in our nativity play. I went rogue with the lines they had given me. My family are Very Catholic and even to this year my mother still mutters on about my behaviour and how terrible it was. No-one can even remember what I actually said now but whatever it was it was Wrong.

(Yes this may be where Middle Jelly gets some of his beastliness from)

Just watched the football. Pretty sure Leeds have been sent to kill me.

Am in bed. You lot are so lovely and have been a real lifesaver since I have been in hospital. I know more about your day to day lives than I do of my "real life" friends. I know and understand why Tattle is as anonymous as it is, but for all we know we could be neighbours and could sit together eatimg Quality Street instead of talking about it online.

Going to try and make it to bed time without crying.

We always have a real tree. I love the smell and look of them. My parents bought them with roots on when we were little and have planted 7 or 8 of the trees in their gardens. Until my dad got sick he used to put fairy lights on them every year. Those trees are why my parents can't move house. Such memories.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I love the idea of a real tree but always had fake ones. Well, one fake tree took me through my entire childhood and well into adulthood actually, we never changed out tree even when it was starting to look a bit Charlie Brown-like. Talk about sustainability eh? I continue with a fake one as well, it's much easier to manage and I honestly can't be arsed to pick and choose a new tree each year, nor have I the energy to care for a real tree to keep it looking lush until xmas-new year. 🎄 They do great looking fake trees now, I also love a well made fake garland.

• Heart
I've never had a real tree because I always think what if it dies before Christmas day and you end up with a sparse tree with baubles hanging on it. :ROFLMAO:
This happened to me last Christmas. I got it way too early. Everybody was putting theirs up in November so by the first weekend of December I felt like I was well late. We got rid of it on Boxing Day and I’ll never make the same mistake again 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
My dog would eat a real tree. My fake one is 8 feet tall and I have more decorations for it than it has branches. No chocolate ones though. The dog would eat those too.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
@ordinaryjelly I feel the same about my team!

I was an angel a few times in first school..bit when I was in middle school, something happened! I don't know why, but I was told I was going to be a donkey and I freaked out..I refused to go to school and I remember sitting on the stairs at home and my teacher coming round to talk to me..in the end, I sat next to the piano lady and turned her music over for her 🤣 No idea why I reacted like that, there must have been more to it but I can't remember!

• Heart
  • Haha
Anyone tired of life or is it just me? I can't be arsed anymore.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
I used to have a real tree before I had my son but then the cat used to terrorise it and climb it so by Xmas it was shabby looking. Love the smell though.
I’ve had the same fake one for about a decade now and it’s nice enough. It’s a real shambles of colours and baubles with some that used to be on my family tree growing up mixed with ones the kid made from nursery up to now. Happy memories. Cat is still a dick around it though. This is her many years ago up it 🤦🏼‍♀️

750C33E3-9C9A-434D-B59F-B1D117518DC8.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Anyone tired of life or is it just me? I can't be arsed anymore.
Same. I don't want to complain because in all honesty, nothing is wrong, but also everything is wrong? I'm perpetually tired, I wish I could switch off and just fall asleep for a few weeks with no repercussions.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Can't believe the amount of people stood outside in my cul de sac to watch the Christmas explosion be turned on at 6.
I'm already in my pjs snuggled under my blanket.
Bah humbug 😜
(I'll post photos once someone uploads them to the NHW fb group)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Hahaha my cat used to climb up ours when she was smaller but now she’s too fat to get up it. Here she is many years ago when we’d just got it home

670E0CA8-92E7-47A0-80AA-A203F531DB29.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
My cat is more concerned that I have moved a chair and her scratching post than the tree!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.