Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

lemonlime

VIP Member
Back from Ikea, exhausted doesn't begin to cover it but I'm glad I went. Got a new dish rack, a bottle cleaning brush, a new table cloth and a festive runner, robin baubles for my mum, and I accidentally nicked a mug because I forgot I put it in my tote bag to keep it from rattling in the yellow bag and I just walked out without paying for it 😂 Oh well. I also picked up an apple pie and a box of Annas. I will bully myself into feeling festive this week, mid December and still no tree, it's shocking.

Unintentional heist aside, it was an uneventful day. Having a cuppa now, I'll take a shower and digest the enormous ikea lunch I had to re-energise myself.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Boredofthegram

VIP Member
Morning all.

Yep I get a headache 2 days before and all through my period it’s like clockwork every month 😕

I’m working at bf’s now and waiting to hear from him when he gets out of surgery later. He’s not gone down yet but should do in a couple of hours.

Pissing it down here and windy as hell so a right gloomy one.

Ive got a tea (it was fennel in my advent calendar today) and a dark choc digestive so I’m alright. Mums invited me and little un (and fella If he wants to be with us later) round for a roast dinner after school/work so I’m looking forward to that and being looked after a bit.

Finding it hard to concentrate at work today. Roll on 3.

• Heart
  • Haha

Boredofthegram

VIP Member
I used to have a real tree before I had my son but then the cat used to terrorise it and climb it so by Xmas it was shabby looking. Love the smell though.
I’ve had the same fake one for about a decade now and it’s nice enough. It’s a real shambles of colours and baubles with some that used to be on my family tree growing up mixed with ones the kid made from nursery up to now. Happy memories. Cat is still a dick around it though. This is her many years ago up it 🤦🏼‍♀️

750C33E3-9C9A-434D-B59F-B1D117518DC8.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
Good morning! Baby eventually dropped off at 10 to 5 😅 we all slept like a log till 7:45, all three of us slept through my fellas 90 alarms 😅 shows how tired we all are 😅 he was meant to be in work at 7.30🤣 the doctor wouldn’t give me an appointment for the baby for a week the other day but I’ve just woke up and demanded one and luckily he’s ringing me today so we can get him some amoxicillin or something! Realised when I went to make his weetabix there was no milk 🙃 so treating myself to a coffee machine coffee, I need it anyway I’m knackered! And not cos I’ve been getting rattled 🥱 have a good day everyone!

• Heart

lemonlime

VIP Member
Good morning my darlings. Managed to drag myself out of the bed on time for once, I've been late for everything lately. I think I need my tedious to do lists back, where I list everything I need to do in the mornings, from opening the window to brushing my hair. I am failing on all the executive decisions lately, even the most basic, no brainer ones. I need to stop staring at my phone for hours when I wake up, this will be a goal for the small changes thread. I should get ready for work, I hope you're all feeling rested and you have a good Friday! ☕

• Heart

GladiatorReady

VIP Member
Accidentally fell asleep - to catch up...

I don't think I ever had a nativity play, even though I was at a CoE school - but there was only 7 of us (including me) in our year group so maybe we didn't have enough people to put on a play.

I did have a play about the solar system in middle school - I remember every single word about the planets to this day - then a couple of days before they told us we weren't allowed to sing it and we just had to stand there in the background while the other half of the class got to sing it. I'm not bitter...but I was then!

I can sing but I can't play the recorder. I once got kicked out of music class for humming instead with the recorder in my mouth - somehow I thought they wouldn't realise 🤦‍♀️

You're not a shit mum @GlennCoco - as the others said, if you were a shit mum then you wouldn't care.

Sending a hug to everyone who feels down and past it tonight. It's a rough time of year for so many reasons but don't ever feel like you're bringing the thread down, we're here for the good times and the bad times.

This thread is basically The Golden Girls in thread form.

• Heart

Libbylulu

VIP Member
Anxiety at this time of year is exacerbated by busyness and everyone’s stress, especially everyone else’s stress. Most people say they love Christmas but I’ve yet to meet someone who’s not anxious this time of year. Every worry and problem is heightened trying to make December merry and bright and Christmas Day perfect. It be interesting if we did a poll on how people felt last year with the lockdown at Christmas. As sad as it was that families couldn’t meet, it took so much stress away.

• Heart

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
My anxiety has been acting up lately, can’t put my finger on why but it’s niggling away in the background and I’m just edgy and can’t fully relax at all.
I've been really bad for the last two weeks. I was sick a couple of weeks ago and had to have a covid test (negative thankfully) and I don't know if that's triggered everything again.

I'm pissed off with my counsellor too. I had an appointment two weeks ago and rang her two days beforehand to tell her I won't be able to come as I was waiting on covid results. She didn't answer (which was fine, she might have been with someone else at the time) and you can't leave a voice message on her phone, so I sent a text which was delivered. I owed her money from the last day as she didn't have any change so she told me to just give it to her next day. I popped it in her letterbox the other day, messaged to let her know and asked her to just let me know if she'd got it and nothing?
The last few times I've been with her, I just feel like she's not listening to anything I'm saying. It feels as though she's had enough of me :(

Everything with Covid is really getting to me again too. It just feels as though there's never going to be any end to it now.

I find Christmas hard anyway due to being estranged from my parents and all of that, their attitude etc is playing on my mind too.

My husband and myself are okay at the moment, but we've been struggling during the year too, mainly due to his family, especially the dreaded MIL.

I'm exhausted all the time and just feel generally crap. I don't know how much of it is due to what ever the flu/bug that's still lingering is, or how much of it is due to anxiety.

My anxiety hasn't been this bad in a long long time. I have private health insurance and it allows for 5 or 6 counselling sessions. At the moment it's over the phone or online. I'm going to ring them tomorrow and see if I can get to talk to someone.

Sorry everyone for the long moan 😓

• Heart
  • Sad

Meangirl815

VIP Member
I'll be here on Christmas day, after all B&M will be closed :( :ROFLMAO: (joking)
Went to B&M today thought of you 😂

Hi guys. Phew what a day. Being to see my mam and sister, had a roast dinner. Then visited friends this afternoon. Then came home for homework, reading, spellings and all the other Sunday shit. Roll on school hols.
I feel exhausted, 18mths in to this shitty pandemic and it's ruined my social skills. Will need 3 days of solitude to recover from today 😂😂
Erm nothing else to report i don't think so yeah

• Heart
  • Haha

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
I also ordered myself 4 Christmas presents today. Realised I cannot rely on Mr Jelly to do anything so took matters into my own hands.

• Heart

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
Hope you have a peaceful night @watermelon sugar

I am waiting for some meds and then to go to sleep. My bum is sore, I am like a baby with nappy rash. But my room had been Christmasified today. My mum sent me festive bedding and these fun glittery snow flakes. Looks a bit different in here at least.

• Heart

Peaches_xox

VIP Member
I’ve just put a film on right, a film I thought I’d seen before. I used to love it my bf bought me the dvd and I used to make us watch it every weekend. Anyway I’m half hour in and I’m like this is not what I recall at all. I remember the characters but not this storyline. Turns out I’m watching the second one and I’m very disappointed but I’m half hour deep now so can’t turn it off 😩

• Haha
  • Heart

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
my fella has come back from his night out !? Anyway he's sloshed and he burst through the front door holding a dairy milk caramel. i mean, it's an ok gift to make up for eating my chocolates so I didn't lob the box at his head. but yeah he's drunk and put gordon ramsey's kitchen nightmares on and keeps going 'he'd like me he'd want me to work for him' ok are we forgetting you had a bad fb review the other day

• Haha

Hope96

VIP Member
Thank you for always taking the time to help me out! I've put the letter in my sock draw for now haha!

I know I often come here to moan and cry... I'm also well aware it tends to be over my ex or work but it means so much that I'm able to do this because pretty much everyone else in my life gets annoyed or upset with me because I won't stop torturing myself. It's hard when you have a complex mental health history but not everyone is understanding or tolerant of that.

This thread always make me feel less alone. Never underestimate the impact your words have on here for others.

All my love! ❤❤

• Heart

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
We’re about to tackle the Christmas tree. Wish us luck, the babies already wandered off with the tinsel twice (I don’t mind tinsel on trees don’t @ me)

• Heart
  • Haha

WilmaHun

VIP Member
Ohhhhhh I’m in a predicament. That interview I had - I’ve been offered a second interview. They’ve said I can work at the office close to home for 2 years whilst I finish my qualification/ degree but then id need to split the week half in my hometown and half in the office which is quite a drive away.

Now I dunno what to do. Ideally I wanna be able to work close to home and don’t wanna have it hanging over me that in 2 years I’ll have to do a long commute. But on the other hand beggars can’t be choosers and my boss is an absolute prick so at least I’d be away from him 😩

bf says take it then in 2 years just find a new job but it’s not always that easy to get a job cos my industry is very competitive especially once qualified 😂

• Heart