Chit chat #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hiiiiiii

im at mother in laws😅 playgroup was nice this morning. I was a bit of a loner at first it’s a bit cliquey. Then some random Mum came and started speaking to me and we started being pally so I felt less lonely 😅

there’s some horrors for kids there though!! One little girl snatched a watermelon (what a coincidence) ball away from my son and went NO!!!!! In his face!! felt like kicking her over tbh. Then me and the baby were colouring in with some chalk and I went ‘I’ll get you a drink’ to him and this little girl goes ‘you get me a drink’ felt like saying sod off girl I’m not your Ma

anyways I’m just having a cuppa. Don’t wanna be here too long. My fella has a surprise early finish and a day off tomorrow 😊

and I’ve just ordered the baby a big toy kitchen! He’ll love it I’m well excited for crimbo 🎅🏻

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Underwear and smaller bits go on the bottom and then bigger stuff on the top 2 shelves. I really love my heated airer but it doesn't half get in the way sometimes 😂
I also do it this way. I love my heated Airer mine is a Minky one only £35.

Reactions: 1
I'd been thinking of getting one of those heated airers but I've seen mixed reviews. Some say they're good and others say they're crap! I really need a tumble dryer because I hate waiting days for everything to dry on an airer

I'd been thinking of getting one of those heated airers but I've seen mixed reviews. Some say they're good and others say they're crap! I really need a tumble dryer because I hate waiting days for everything to dry on an airer
I want one with a cover on it, like a round one, but I can’t imagine I’ll ever put it away and I don’t want to look at it all the time! I wish I had space for a tumble dryer 😫😫

• Sad
You need an airer that opens out. The ones where you have to put stuff from top to bottom are useless as there's not enough space and the clothes don't dry properly.
On the fold out ones, clothes and heavier item go in the middle and underwear and small things go on the sides. You need a couple of peg things for socks and thongs too.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 2
You need an airer that opens out. The ones where you have to put stuff from top to bottom are useless as there's not enough space and the clothes don't dry properly.
On the fold out ones, clothes and heavier item go in the middle and underwear and small things go on the sides. You need a couple of peg things for socks and thongs too.
My heated airer is the same style as the first pic.

I wish we could all do secret Santa together lol, I’m in 3 already and I just want to do more 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 6
@Peaches_xox - just thinking about your post when you said someone at work treated you to nandos lunch
I got a call today from work (I'm wfh) asking me to make sure I'd be in between 12-1pm as I'd be getting sent a lunch treat.
I imagined McDonald's or nandos delivery but it turned out to be a one of those grazing boxes containing pretzels, nuts and a few croutons. Basically squirrel food. What a let down.
Any jobs going at your place 😄

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
@Peaches_xox - just thinking about your post when you said someone at work treated you to nandos.
I got a call today from work (I'm wfh) asking me to make sure I'd be in between 12-1pm as I'd be getting sent a treat.
I imagined McDonald's or nandos delivery but it turned out to be a one of those grazing boxes containing pretzels, nuts and a few croutons. Basically squirrel food. What a let down.
Any jobs going at your place 😄
This proper made me laugh. I’ve had some disappointing packages turn up too so you might want to hold off applying 😂 in the first lockdown we all got ‘care packages’ which included a water bottle, a mini desk fan, stress balls and peppermint tea teabags. That was quite tit but not as bad as when we all got a ‘special’ delivery from our CEO which was a branded mug and some long cringe note about how ‘unstoppable’ we all are 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 9
We tried an airer and it was in the way all the time and took too long to dry I’m too impatient, couldn’t be without my tumble drier now 😆

We have a tumble dryer here because there's too many people to air dry. Handy in the winter but a bit rubbish in the summer as you can't hang them out either.

Growing up we'd have a standard airer and an airing cupboard for things that were too damp. Then I wondered what they called airing cupboards in America and... they don't have them 😲

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I drove down Sims Avenue today. I immediately thought of this thread, I wonder why 😆 I wanted to take a picture, but the lights changed

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.