Chinmates

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry to hear that lovely ๐Ÿ˜ž

However you will LOVE Mexico. I also stayed in Playa Del Carmen (Sandos Playacar). It was the holiday of a lifetime and fulfilled one of my life's tick list which was the cenotes (underground caves full of water) where we did snorkelling etc. I have nothing negative to say, except that I'm seriously jealous! It will definitely do you good โ™ฅ
We scuba'd a cenote in Playa, it was amazing! Literally pitch black as we went down and then we came up in another cenote and there were monkeys swinging on the vines above - amazing!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Aww that's sounds nice ๐Ÿ˜Š, sorry to hear about your grandad ๐Ÿ˜ž. I also have a tiny family, me, my mum and Dad. Brother may pop in for a visit

I've felt like crap for 2 weeks now. Without going into TMI, my appendix burst in 2016 and I didn't go straight to the hospital. It developed into peritonitis as well and my bowel burst and the whole thing almost finished me off, and took six hours of surgery to patch me up. I have no end of problems with errrrmmm toilet business ๐Ÿ˜ณwhich leaves me in agony inside my entire abdomen for days on end. I had a particularly bad bout of it 2 weeks ago and then got some sort of gastric virus on top of it. Every evening I've got home from work and practically crawled into bed at 7pm feeling rough as tit....yesterday was the first good day with no issues

I hope you feel better soon โ™ฅ
Awww Kas sorry to hear this..sending love from Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช โค my auld buddy....and for anyone else struggling at the moment.
I believe the weather ye got in UK was a million times worse than what we got here but hoping ye are all safe x

I moved back in with my parents when I got ill 7 years ago. Basically been sick for 7 years and this is my first Christmas cancer free....a lot of pressure I'm feeling to be all happy and sparkly but I'm recovering from a huge surgery and I'm wrecked all the time but on the other side I'm so grateful ๐Ÿ™ to be where I am right now....Christmas is hard time of year also when you've been without a partner or someone to share things with you become self isolating in your mind.

I'm thrilled to read all your stories about spending time with family and new partners โค ๐Ÿ˜Š...I hope ye all have an amazing time.

ETA...I will definitely be checking in here Christmas Day ๐ŸŽ„ ๐Ÿ˜Š

As @Kas01980 knows I would be lost without Tattle and all ye lovely ppl...I do love ye all โคโค

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I'm sorry to hear some of you have really had a rough time, sending love โค

In fairness it's the first Christmas I've looked forward to in a long time. Last year I was just home from a week in hospital, heavily pregnant & narrowly escaped ICU. The year before 2020, which as we know was awful for everyone. I had just had a D&C having had a miscarriage, my Mum was spending her first Christmas alone as my Stepdad had passed, and my Husband was working (emergency services).

And he worked the 2 years before that too so I've got used to Christmas Day on my own. I didn't mind it, as long as I stayed off social media. Found it hard to watch everyone with their families when mine were so far apart. But it's also nice not to have the pressure & just do as you fancy.

I will pop in here too on the day though hopefully. Might be sozzled by that point ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Heart
Reactions: 7

In fairness it's the first Christmas I've looked forward to in a long time. Last year I was just home from a week in hospital, heavily pregnant & narrowly escaped ICU. The year before 2020, which as we know was awful for everyone. I had just had a D&C having had a miscarriage, my Mum was spending her first Christmas alone as my Stepdad had passed, and my Husband was working (emergency services).

And he worked the 2 years before that too so I've got used to Christmas Day on my own. I didn't mind it, as long as I stayed off social media. Found it hard to watch everyone with their families when mine were so far apart. But it's also nice not to have the pressure & just do as you fancy.

I will pop in here too on the day though hopefully. Might be sozzled by that point ๐Ÿ˜‚
Oh love what an awful time you've had ๐Ÿ˜” so sorry you went through that.

I've recently deleted my Facebook account as I'm going through a depressive episode and seeing other people's seemingly perfect lives can be a bit triggering especially at this time of year.

I hope you and your family have the best Christmas ๐ŸŒฒโ˜ƒ xxx

@Kas01980 are you feeling a bit better love?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Hope everyone has a lovely weekend ๐Ÿ’•

Itโ€™s going to be a bit of a manic one for me I think; getting all the last little presents and hopefully finishing my wrapping! Hoping to bake some gingerbread men at some point too๐ŸŽ„

• Heart

I've recently deleted my Facebook account as I'm going through a depressive episode and seeing other people's seemingly perfect lives can be a bit triggering especially at this time of year.

Ah bless you. My friend calls it Fakebook - it's more like a glossy show and tell where people try to one up each other, tedious!

I came off it in 2020 as found it really toxic then and have only reluctantly re-installed it for mum groups & marketplace, but I avoid scrolling and don't post. I often think if people were really happy in their lives they wouldn't feel the need to share every second of it online.

Sending love to you too xxx

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend ๐Ÿ’•

Itโ€™s going to be a bit of a manic one for me I think; getting all the last little presents and hopefully finishing my wrapping! Hoping to bake some gingerbread men at some point too๐ŸŽ„
You really are Elle Woods! Gingerbread men! I love it! ๐Ÿคฉ Have a good one xx

• Heart
Reactions: 3
There weren't any in the cenotes, being that most of the fish on the Carribean side of Mexico are tropical fish I think the cenotes are too cold for them, plus they made up of a mixture of saltwater and freshwater (not sure if that matters). The water is crystal clear so you can always see what's beneath you. The hardest thing is going through the tunnels and trying to avoid the staligmites with your helmet as you aren't supposed to touch them, personally the life jackets you have to wear are a hindrance as they push you up and you have to keep your head down. Here are some pics...including the group I was in. The guy at the front was the guide who I still chat to now. What that guy knows about cenotes, the ocean, and Mexico in general is fascinating. We also did diving with turtles as well which is something I've always wanted to do. Not sure if you've swum with dolphins but I recommend that as well, I've done it a few times now, Cuba and in Mexico, also an amazing, and somewhat emotional, experience. Also went to Chichen Itza..Mayan Temples...it's a long day from Playa Del Carmen, but worth it...4 hours each way on a coach

It honestly is amazing, I think everyone is apprehensive at first but I couldn't wait to get in there and I loved every minute. Loved all of it, can't really afford to go back yet but may treat myself to Dominican next year....it'll be a massive step for me, big solo voyage, but I've achieved so much than I though I could since I left my ex, there's no reason I can't. It'll be good for my confidence

I have never been up a mountain! Only the ones in Wales, but I'd love to go to a proper beautiful snowy ones in Switzerland.

Sorry for such an essay, if I had my way I'd spend the rest of my days travelling, there's so many places I want to see and I would love to feel that freedom

Edit: The turtles and cenotes pics aren't great quality as Icouldn't get them to download to my phone as we got given a USB stick with the pics on. Had to plug it into the tv and take pics of the TV! USB stick is long gone (thanks to my ex) so the TV pics are the only ones I've got of that day.
Oh wow thanks for sharing those amazing photos! ๐Ÿ˜ the turtles as well, I would LOVE to swim turtles!
It's always amazing doing an experience with someone who knows so much and is passionate about it!

You really should do a solo voyage Kas! You've come so far on your journey already, I think solo travel will be a huge boost I'm your confidence and independence. I came out of a relationship about 5 years ago (he was relatively nice compared to the first two relationships although he did end up randomly dumping me though, convincing me I was the reason we split up, blocked me on everything then I found out he dumped me for someone he worked with ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚) however after him, I did loads of solo trips to Europe (I couldn't afford to go further afield at the time) but I did loads of solo long weekends, 2 weeks, 3 weeks and it was honestly the best experience of my life! The 3 week trip was the best, I went to Montenegro, Bosnia and Croatia. If you love water you'd love places like that. The Balkans are such a hidden gem part of Europe. ๐Ÿ˜

Sorry this is an essay and a late reply. Been really burnt out and a bit depressed this week which makes me withdraw socially. Just catching up on everyone's posts now ๐Ÿ˜Š

Wowser those photos are incredible Kas!
I have a huge irrational fear of being in the open water and whatever fish etc may be sharing that space with me. I didn't realise this until I jumped into the middle of the sea off a boat last year and had a sudden panic attack. Swallowed half the sea and nearly drowned. I laugh about it now but I was absolutely petrified at the time. Seems so daft, isn't it bizarre the way our own brains can completely curveball us at times.
I'm exactly the same ๐Ÿ˜‚ I went paddleboarding last year in a lake in Wales, I've never felt fear as much as when I fell into the lake! Had an imagine of a massive prehistoric fish coming to get me ๐Ÿ˜‚

Awww Kas sorry to hear this..sending love from Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช โค my auld buddy....and for anyone else struggling at the moment.
I believe the weather ye got in UK was a million times worse than what we got here but hoping ye are all safe x

I moved back in with my parents when I got ill 7 years ago. Basically been sick for 7 years and this is my first Christmas cancer free....a lot of pressure I'm feeling to be all happy and sparkly but I'm recovering from a huge surgery and I'm wrecked all the time but on the other side I'm so grateful ๐Ÿ™ to be where I am right now....Christmas is hard time of year also when you've been without a partner or someone to share things with you become self isolating in your mind.

I'm thrilled to read all your stories about spending time with family and new partners โค ๐Ÿ˜Š...I hope ye all have an amazing time.

ETA...I will definitely be checking in here Christmas Day ๐ŸŽ„ ๐Ÿ˜Š

As @Kas01980 knows I would be lost without Tattle and all ye lovely ppl...I do love ye all โคโค
Sending so much love your way for what you've been through โค really pleased to read that this will be a big Christmas for you โค

Aww I hope this Christmas is everything and more for you! Sorry to hear your last two Christmas' weren't the best. I agree I HATE social media this time of year, it can be really triggering and make us feel like tit when everyone tries to portray their perfect lives online.

Never thought I'd be arsed about tattle on Christmas day but fir this thread I'd definitely to pop on to wish you all well! Will definitely have consumed a fair amount of fizz by then though ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Hope you manage to break out of your depressive episode soon โค I completely withdraw when I go through one and avoid WhatsApp and social media. I enjoy reading tattle, it's a bit of an escape, but I find it hard to contribute when I feel low.

Sending you love xx

Hope all you chinmates have a wonderful weekend! I'm only just starting my Christmas shopping today oops ๐Ÿ˜‚

Last edited:
  • Heart
Bit of a joke ive been banned of Instagram for 48 hours for saying the word bastard in a comment someones obv reported it which is pathetic af but convicted sex offenders can stay on there whaat a joke ๐Ÿคฆ

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
Gone to the pub with my pal you know Christmas drinks well i dont drink and this oldish male comes over tells us we're gorgeous etc and tries to take selfies with us saying oh if i could get one id save it for wank bank i went you dont know us please can you go away this is uncomfortable got him removed thankfully but why ๐Ÿคฆthis wasnt for main thread so glad this chat is available for rants haha why cant we just go to the pub or anywhere without being harassed

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
My 15 year old niece was at her bus top in the city tonight (7ish) told her bf to go on home bus was pulling up...anyways when she was on her own a guy in his 40's came up to her asking her was she OK, did she need a date for the night. Then tried to place his coat on her shoulders then tried to hug her while attempting to feel her crotch area.
She just totally froze when this happened. She got away from him and her bf happened to ring to see if she got bus ok and she was screaming hysterically crying down the phone and ran back and met her.
That poor 15 Yr old is at home now crying her eyes out and truly heartbroken....bleeping bleep I hope he dies.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
My 15 year old niece was at her bus top in the city tonight (7ish) told her bf to go on home bus was pulling up...anyways when she was on her own a guy in his 40's came up to her asking her was she OK, did she need a date for the night. Then tried to place his coat on her shoulders then tried to hug her while attempting to feel her crotch area.
She just totally froze when this happened. She got away from him and her bf happened to ring to see if she got bus ok and she was screaming hysterically crying down the phone and ran back and met her.
That poor 15 Yr old is at home now crying her eyes out and truly heartbroken....bleeping bleep I hope he dies.
Oh that poor girl how scary for her ๐Ÿ˜ข thats awful why cant even go on the bus now ๐Ÿ˜ก I'm truly so sorry for her

Reactions: 1
What the actual?! Was this in Limerick?! This place scares me

Reactions: 1
What the actual?! Was this in Limerick?! This place scares me
Yea down by Arthur's Quay where the bus stops and there were ppl around.
She's bloody traumatised. Even today she's wrecked. She went to the Gardai to have it on record.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
I hope everyone has a really really lovely Christmas. You all deserve it so much ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ

my boyfriend is in his home country. Helping his family after his dad has died. But he still managed to find time to go on a dating app behind my back. Iโ€™m so bleeping done with this life itโ€™s unbelievable.

• Sad
  • Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Happiest Christmas Eve to all the Chinmates everywhere.
I hope you all have a stress free day and truly enjoy tomorrow xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I hope everyone has a really really lovely Christmas. You all deserve it so much ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ

my boyfriend is in his home country. Helping his family after his dad has died. But he still managed to find time to go on a dating app behind my back. Iโ€™m so bleeping done with this life itโ€™s unbelievable.
Sorry to hear that, that's tit and you deserve so much better.

Lots of love to you โค

• Heart

Oh no I'm so sorry to hear this...lots of virtual hugs ๐Ÿค— and love ๐Ÿ’˜ from Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช

• Heart