Chinmates

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I always do Christmas with my small family, and this year is our first without my grandad which will be tough, but we’re going out for a meal this year to save my mum the stress. I’m looking forward to spending my first Christmas Eve with my boyfriend though. I normally stay at my parents but as there is no food to prep I’m staying at home!

Anyone else think this has felt like the longest week ever? I’ve had a cold and felt like tit for 7 days, I’m freezing and exhausted and just want this week to be over!!! 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I always do Christmas with my small family, and this year is our first without my grandad which will be tough, but we’re going out for a meal this year to save my mum the stress. I’m looking forward to spending my first Christmas Eve with my boyfriend though. I normally stay at my parents but as there is no food to prep I’m staying at home!

Anyone else think this has felt like the longest week ever? I’ve had a cold and felt like tit for 7 days, I’m freezing and exhausted and just want this week to be over!!! 😭
Aww that's sounds nice 😊, sorry to hear about your grandad 😞. I also have a tiny family, me, my mum and Dad. Brother may pop in for a visit

I've felt like crap for 2 weeks now. Without going into TMI, my appendix burst in 2016 and I didn't go straight to the hospital. It developed into peritonitis as well and my bowel burst and the whole thing almost finished me off, and took six hours of surgery to patch me up. I have no end of problems with errrrmmm toilet business 😳which leaves me in agony inside my entire abdomen for days on end. I had a particularly bad bout of it 2 weeks ago and then got some sort of gastric virus on top of it. Every evening I've got home from work and practically crawled into bed at 7pm feeling rough as tit....yesterday was the first good day with no issues

I hope you feel better soon ♥

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Yeah this week has dragged!!
I'm completely burnt out from work/life at the moment and had a lot going on. Finish for Christmas on the 23rd until the 2nd Jan so can't wait to properly switch off for a week!

I'll be spending Christmas eve at home with my boyfriend and Christmas day with my family 🥰
I can't wait to eat and drink the day away!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Unfortunately this is my first Christmas since my husband and I broke up. We are selling our house and I am back living with my mum so I’m going to Mexico for 10 days with my bestie for a well deserved break. Needed to escape as Christmas will be hard, my first without him in 8 years.
(Omg when Jizz asked for Mexico recommendations i shuddered)
I’ll be keeping in check with my fellow Tattlers from the beach sipping a cocktail. Nornally though it’s roast (nutroast for me) all the trimmings and a full day of drinking.
Sorry to hear that lovely 😞

However you will LOVE Mexico. I also stayed in Playa Del Carmen (Sandos Playacar). It was the holiday of a lifetime and fulfilled one of my life's tick list which was the cenotes (underground caves full of water) where we did snorkelling etc. I have nothing negative to say, except that I'm seriously jealous! It will definitely do you good ♥

• Heart

However you will LOVE Mexico. I also stayed in Playa Del Carmen (Sandie Playacar). It was the holiday of a lifetime and fulfilled one of my life's tick list which was the cenotes (underground caves full of water) where we did snorkelling etc. I have nothing negative to say, except that I'm seriously jealous! It will definitely do you good ♥
Going to the cenotes in Mexico is high on my bucket list!! Bet that was amazing 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Aww that's sounds nice 😊, sorry to hear about your grandad 😞. I also have a tiny family, me, my mum and Dad. Brother may pop in for a visit

I've felt like crap for 2 weeks now. Without going into TMI, my appendix burst in 2016 and I didn't go straight to the hospital. It developed into peritonitis as well and my bowel burst and the whole thing almost finished me off, and took six hours of surgery to patch me up. I have no end of problems with errrrmmm toilet business 😳which leaves me in agony inside my entire abdomen for days on end. I had a particularly bad bout of it 2 weeks ago and then got some sort of gastric virus on top of it. Every evening I've got home from work and practically crawled into bed at 7pm feeling rough as tit....yesterday was the first good day with no issues

Oh Kas, you have my sympathies, that sounds horrific! I have ulcerative colitis (an inflammatory bowel disease) and I'm constantly sick. It's so bloody draining. Its made harder by the fact that my husband is not remotely sympathetic so I get no support.

I hope your mum and dad wait on you hand and foot over Christmas!

• Heart

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandad as well. I hope you're all doing okay ❤

Bloody hell that sounds awful Kas! 6 hours of surgery sounds brutal, I'm glad they were able to patch you back up. Hopefully yesterday was the first good day of many ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Yeah this week and end of last week has dragged for me i started being poorly last Friday and think its a chest infection

• Sad
Unfortunately this is my first Christmas since my husband and I broke up. We are selling our house and I am back living with my mum so I’m going to Mexico for 10 days with my bestie for a well deserved break. Needed to escape as Christmas will be hard, my first without him in 8 years.
(Omg when Jizz asked for Mexico recommendations i shuddered)
I’ll be keeping in check with my fellow Tattlers from the beach sipping a cocktail. Nornally though it’s roast (nutroast for me) all the trimmings and a full day of drinking.
Oh I'm so sorry, but at least Mexico will be amazing 🏖☀

Yeah this week and end of last week has dragged for me i started being poorly last Friday and think its a chest infection
This week has felt so long, living for the weekend!

However you will LOVE Mexico. I also stayed in Playa Del Carmen (Sandos Playacar). It was the holiday of a lifetime and fulfilled one of my life's tick list which was the cenotes (underground caves full of water) where we did snorkelling etc. I have nothing negative to say, except that I'm seriously jealous! It will definitely do you good ♥
Aww thanks gorge. Yesss I’m so excited and def going to be making a snow man out of sand and I’ve packed a Santa hat to wear on Xmas day whilst in the sea hahaa

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Going to the cenotes in Mexico is high on my bucket list!! Bet that was amazing 😍
Worth every minute of it...it's a little nippy down there but you don't really notice once you've got used to the temperature because you're just so in awe of your surroundings. I'm obsessed with water...pools, the ocean, lagoons, lakes, waterfalls, rivers... im at my calmest when Im around water. So if you like all of that sort of thing, espcially the cenotes...there are literally thousands of them. I'm still in touch with the tour guide that took me, would love to go back and see some more off the tourist track which he's promised he will take me!

Oh Kas, you have my sympathies, that sounds horrific! I have ulcerative colitis (an inflammatory bowel disease) and I'm constantly sick. It's so bloody draining. Its made harder by the fact that my husband is not remotely sympathetic so I get no support.

I hope your mum and dad wait on you hand and foot over Christmas!
Bless you, I can totally relate. Just the pain in itself is draining. Where the scar tissue has formed it's cut off a little part of my bowel...I can go 8 or 9 days without being able to go to the loo so I'm then on a constant run of laxatives 😳. Which then brings problems of its own. I look 6 months pregnant some days. This recent bout I've had I've lost 6lb in the two weeks it's been playing me up as I could hardly eat anything as it made the pain worse

You really have my sympathies, especially if you haven't got any support 😞. I feel very alone with mine. I hope you get some relief from yours over Xmas ♥

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Chronic illness and pain is just the worst isn't it. So sorry you guys are going through it 😔

• Heart
Oh chinmates I'm so sorry some of you are going through such horrid illnesses. Keeping everything crossed you have a happy, healthy, pain-free Christmas xx

• Heart
I'm feeling the love in here Chinmates! In some way his guilty verdict has brought us all close without even trying ♥

• Heart
Worth every minute of it...it's a little nippy down there but you don't really notice once you've got used to the temperature because you're just so in awe of your surroundings. I'm obsessed with water...pools, the ocean, lagoons, lakes, waterfalls, rivers... im at my calmest when Im around water. So if you like all of that sort of thing, espcially the cenotes...there are literally thousands of them. I'm still in touch with the tour guide that took me, would love to go back and see some more off the tourist track which he's promised he will take me!
They absolutely fascinate me. I think I'd be a bit scared at first, I have an irrational fear of not knowing what's below.. so open sea, lakes, stuff like that. So initially I'd be absolutely crapping myself 😂 but once I'm in there for a while I'd love it. The fact they’ve been there for however long amazes me. Silly question but are there any fish or anything in the water? 😂

Mountains really do it for me, I love getting up high and looking down at the view. It makes me feel so small and puts life into perspective for me. So whenever I'm feeling particularly down or anxious, I will drive somewhere with some big hills or mountains and go for a mega hike 😍 I was hoping to go last weekend, but I'm scared of driving somewhere remote when the roads are icy 😅

• Heart
They absolutely fascinate me. I think I'd be a bit scared at first, I have an irrational fear of not knowing what's below.. so open sea, lakes, stuff like that. So initially I'd be absolutely crapping myself 😂 but once I'm in there for a while I'd love it. The fact they’ve been there for however long amazes me. Silly question but are there any fish or anything in the water? 😂

Mountains really do it for me, I love getting up high and looking down at the view. It makes me feel so small and puts life into perspective for me. So whenever I'm feeling particularly down or anxious, I will drive somewhere with some big hills or mountains and go for a mega hike 😍 I was hoping to go last weekend, but I'm scared of driving somewhere remote when the roads are icy 😅
There weren't any in the cenotes, being that most of the fish on the Carribean side of Mexico are tropical fish I think the cenotes are too cold for them, plus they made up of a mixture of saltwater and freshwater (not sure if that matters). The water is crystal clear so you can always see what's beneath you. The hardest thing is going through the tunnels and trying to avoid the staligmites with your helmet as you aren't supposed to touch them, personally the life jackets you have to wear are a hindrance as they push you up and you have to keep your head down. Here are some pics...including the group I was in. The guy at the front was the guide who I still chat to now. What that guy knows about cenotes, the ocean, and Mexico in general is fascinating. We also did diving with turtles as well which is something I've always wanted to do. Not sure if you've swum with dolphins but I recommend that as well, I've done it a few times now, Cuba and in Mexico, also an amazing, and somewhat emotional, experience. Also went to Chichen Itza..Mayan Temples...it's a long day from Playa Del Carmen, but worth it...4 hours each way on a coach

It honestly is amazing, I think everyone is apprehensive at first but I couldn't wait to get in there and I loved every minute. Loved all of it, can't really afford to go back yet but may treat myself to Dominican next year....it'll be a massive step for me, big solo voyage, but I've achieved so much than I though I could since I left my ex, there's no reason I can't. It'll be good for my confidence

I have never been up a mountain! Only the ones in Wales, but I'd love to go to a proper beautiful snowy ones in Switzerland.

Sorry for such an essay, if I had my way I'd spend the rest of my days travelling, there's so many places I want to see and I would love to feel that freedom

Edit: The turtles and cenotes pics aren't great quality as Icouldn't get them to download to my phone as we got given a USB stick with the pics on. Had to plug it into the tv and take pics of the TV! USB stick is long gone (thanks to my ex) so the TV pics are the only ones I've got of that day.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Wowser those photos are incredible Kas!
I have a huge irrational fear of being in the open water and whatever fish etc may be sharing that space with me. I didn't realise this until I jumped into the middle of the sea off a boat last year and had a sudden panic attack. Swallowed half the sea and nearly drowned. I laugh about it now but I was absolutely petrified at the time. Seems so daft, isn't it bizarre the way our own brains can completely curveball us at times.

• Heart
Wowser those photos are incredible Kas!
I have a huge irrational fear of being in the open water and whatever fish etc may be sharing that space with me. I didn't realise this until I jumped into the middle of the sea off a boat last year and had a sudden panic attack. Swallowed half the sea and nearly drowned. I laugh about it now but I was absolutely petrified at the time. Seems so daft, isn't it bizarre the way our own brains can completely curveball us at times.
Thankyou 😊I've got so many pics from that holiday, I still look at them now and wish I was back there.

Bless you, it must have been scary, a panic attack while in the water. Irrational or not, it was a really terrifying experience for you. It's strange how we have these fears....I've always loved the water and I'm never happier when I'm in it...although I do get nervous if it's a river and I don't know what's beneath me. Only rivers though, weirdly.

Reactions: 1

Babe, I'm so sorry to hear that. I too had my appendix burst when I was a little girl and I nearly died because the doctor thought I was faking it or exaggerating 🙄. It's so painful so I'm really so sad you have to go through this, especially alone. I know it's not allowed to say on here but I sent you a pm on Twitter. The account where you talk about corrie 🤣 I hope tattle police don't delete this ffs 😑

Reactions: 2