Childfree by choice #6 Sleeping well at night, petition for childfree flights

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
eta as I don’t want to derail: what’s everyone’s favourite thing about being child free? mine is the lack of responsibility and accountability, I would buckle under the pressure so instead I get to do things at my pace 😅

Oo so many things!

-Freedom. The freedom to do what I want when I want. If I want to go out for a meal after work,
I will. If I want to book a holiday for next week, I will. I come go whenever I please. I get up whenever I want at the weekend & I go to bed when I like.

-The spare money. I can just enjoy myself, takeaways, meals out, days out, holidays etc I don’t need to consider the impact of my fiancial decisions on another being.

-The peace. I love being able to come home & just chill out. I can cook a nice meal & I can chill on the couch and watch whatever I like. I don’t have to answer a million questions or entertain a small child.

Those are the main things.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
This is such a taboo topic and I might be starting tit but the ability to keep my body the same is a huge plus for me.

When I see the way some pregnant women's body are straight up deformed to accommodate a child scares me. My family has a history with women have twins quite often and I cannot explain the absolute disgust that I feel when I see their bodies.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
This is such a taboo topic and I might be starting tit but the ability to keep my body the same is a huge plus for me.

When I see the way some pregnant women's body are straight up deformed to accommodate a child scares me. My family has a history with women have twins quite often and I cannot explain the absolute disgust that I feel when I see their bodies.
Apparently your feet grow too! I already have size 9 feet, I don't need them getting any bigger thanks! :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 5
What, the feet seriously grow? I thought it was just shoes getting tight due to water....
Wouldn't mind going a size up myself, I've a size 3 and never find nice shoes but it creeps me out.

I read somewhere that they get bigger with every pregnancy?! No thanks
Surely not?! If that's true, it must be by a tiny amount because I've met some people with 6+ kids and their feet were a normal size. Either that or they started off with tiny feet and eventually developed normal feet after multiple kids :LOL:

I don't mind parents commenting on this thread as long as it's relevant (for example, it was insightful to read a couple regret stories imo, you don't often see those) but a backhanded comment about how we discuss something so much more in detail than they have time for is really condescending.

I don't see a single child-free thread person dropping by baby threads asking why parents can't just make their child behave, or something in that tone. It's not our place and it's not necessary. Yes, we do have more time to discuss random stuff because of different life choices. You may have other benefits in life by being a parent. Why does that bother so many people? Just live and let live.

Reactions: 20
Surely not?! If that's true, it must be by a tiny amount because I've met some people with 6+ kids and their feet were a normal size. Either that or they started off with tiny feet and eventually developed normal feet after multiple kids :LOL:
Fake news apparently - I just Googled it and your feet grow the most during your first pregnancy, and *can* grow a tiny bit during any pregnancies after that. Oops :ROFLMAO: I swear I did see this somewhere though!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
eta as I don’t want to derail: what’s everyone’s favourite thing about being child free? mine is the lack of responsibility and accountability, I would buckle under the pressure so instead I get to do things at my pace 😅
Freedom and not having the responsibility of someone else's care and well being, for me.

I have had depression for the past 20~ years, I suffer from anxiety and sensory issues, I can barely make myself function on my best days. Recovery isn't a straight line, I have better days and I have absolute bottom scraping shithole days. Add to that the care of a small, helpless being that is entirely dependent on me being well enough to support them? I couldn't do it.

I'm not naturally maternal, I don't hate children but I don't particularly love them either. If I had a baby, I'd feel very much trapped and a child deserves better than my half arsed attempts of being present. I don't know if my opinion will change so drastically in the future that I'd consider adoption, but I highly doubt it.

I like being flexible, I like not having to think about future schools and courses and development stages and stranger danger. I like coming home and finding the place the way I've left it. I like going to bed at 8 if I feel like it, I like being able to plan a short notice holiday or a weekend trip and not worrying about sitters or child friendly places. I like going to Disney films in the middle of the day (avoiding kid hours) and not caring about whether my child is bored or having a good time. I like spending my money on books and trips and I like D&D nights with friends without thinking about occupying a kid on the side. I just enjoy being an adult by myself and being a parent for life is something I'm entirely uninterested in.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I'm not interested in the regret stories either. There's other places they can talk about that. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I'm not interested in the regret stories either. There's other places they can talk about that. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Yes, I can understand that. It was interesting for me that one time but I also wouldn't want this thread to become a confessional for every parent who wishes they didn't have kids.

Reactions: 4
the child free thread exists for a reason and parents posting on here (which is not the same as reading a thread!) to try and argue about it and guilt us is EXACTLY why child free spaces should exist. surely if parents are so upset seeing some opinions that don’t affect them (and that have stayed on this thread), then they should be supporting child free spaces so all of us miseries can be out of their way? 💀

Less stress. Parenting seems hard and I CBA. My life has been restricted enough throughout my husband's illness and I don't fancy another 16+ years of it.
My anxiety would be out of control.
Laziness. I like being able to do what I want when I want, or not do anything if that's what I chose.
I like sleep.
Money. Genuinely don't know how some parents manage.
I like the quiet.

Reactions: 15
For me, parents have their space in most places and childfree people have very few as it is seen as a taboo subject so let us have this small space on the internet (they have a whole website!). It’s nothing against parents so stay out of our lane please!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Same, plus the spontaneous decisions that can be made! Wanna lie in bed until 2pm on a Saturday? Sure. Wanna get up at 10 and go for a day out at a stately home/some other English Heritage place? Of course. How about leaving at 8am to drive to an outlet centre a couple of hours away and treat yourself? Also absolutely no problem. How about staying horizontal on the sofa all day with Netflix and ordering food in? Yes please!

Friend texts at 4pm on a Saturday to ask if you feel like a night out? Yes girl, first cocktail on me
It's Wednesday and I want to see that new film out at the cinema, off I go
I don't feel like cooking tonight, Coco Pops for dinner it is

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Where do I start;

- I like to do what I want/when I want. If that makes me selfish then so be it. You only get one life I won’t have mine dictated by some kid. If I want to lie in bed all day I will. If I want to have a pint at lunchtime on a Tuesday on my day off I will.

- I’m not maternal, I obv don’t hate kids but I really have no interest in them. I find playing make believe and all that tit so incredibly boring. Not fair on any child to be brought up by someone who won’t put 100% into it.

- Not having to deal with other parents. Of course this doesn’t apply to all but performative parents make me cringe because it’s so fake. Also the ones who are devoid of personality except being mum 🤢🤢🤢

Edit to add (prob the most important one that somehow slipped my mind)😂: I’m also a nurse who looks after older adults. I spent a lot of time doing things like assisting with feeding/personal care. To then come home and do the same is a big no.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
For me, parents have their space in most places and childfree people have very few as it is seen as a taboo subject so let us have this small space on the internet (they have a whole website!). It’s nothing against parents so stay out of our lane please!
Thread title right there

Same, plus the spontaneous decisions that can be made! Wanna lie in bed until 2pm on a Saturday? Sure. Wanna get up at 10 and go for a day out at a stately home/some other English Heritage place? Of course. How about leaving at 8am to drive to an outlet centre a couple of hours away and treat yourself? Also absolutely no problem. How about staying horizontal on the sofa all day with Netflix and ordering food in? Yes please!

Friend texts at 4pm on a Saturday to ask if you feel like a night out? Yes girl, first cocktail on me
It's Wednesday and I want to see that new film out at the cinema, off I go
I don't feel like cooking tonight, Coco Pops for dinner it is
Oooh love cereal for dinner!

Reactions: 10
Me and my bf are both nightmares when we haven’t had a lot of sleep (I need at least 8 hours) so having a kid would kill us both off! Plus I full respect mum’s who have given up their bodies to have children but I have worked hard for my looks and I wanna look good for as long as possible. If that’s selfish then I’m selfish

I'm off to my 90 minute massage now. ✌
And no mum, you don't need to go pick up my kiddos.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.