Childfree by choice #6 Sleeping well at night, petition for childfree flights

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i’ve only just caught up and i can’t believe we had more parent visitors wtf. can only say that i love all of you amazingly witty women 🤣😘

the best thing about being childfree is the lack of a child tbh. i can’t be anymore simple than that. i get up every morning without a tiny being wailing for my attention and needing to be entertained. that alone is enough. the very idea of having to look after a child, play with a child, keep the child alive, keep it entertained, spend my money on it, have it there literally all the time needing my full attention? nah mate.

edit: will admit to just going to look at the “boddler” thread and the final post there at the moment kinda upset me a bit in how needlessly cruel it is (and it also probably struck a nerve with me).

why did they feel the need to come here and then go back and basically laugh at us? absolutely no need for it, we don’t do that in their thread :(

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I've had BDD so being pregnant would send me over the edge as makes you "fat". I've been told oh but it's not fat it's pregnancy. Go and experience BDD then come back to me with that statement. Pregnant bodies make me feel wiggly inside. I do not like them nor the aftermath - I've had friends had to have tonnes of skin etc cut off due to the leftover from pregnancy. Nope nope nope.

I just don't like children (oh but you're so good with them...vom) they're gross and snotty and slimey and annoying lol

I like doing what I want, when I want and spending MY money on me.

I don't want child crap all round my house.

They need entertainment and watching 24/7. F that.

Anyone who says oh you may change your mind/haven't met the right man (to note the right man won't want kids)/it's different when it's your own etc -what if it's not? What if I had a baby and still detested it? Then what. Ruin its life by popping it off to social services for care? Yeah much better than me remaining child free lol

• Heart
Reactions: 15
edit: will admit to just going to look at the “boddler” thread and the final post there at the moment kinda upset me a bit in how needlessly cruel it is (and it also probably struck a nerve with me).

why did they feel the need to come here and then go back and basically laugh at us? absolutely no need for it, we don’t do that in their thread :(
Don't take it to heart. I had a look and all I can say is, I'm extremely happy with the decision I made and that thread has cemented it for me 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Don't take it to heart. I had a look and all I can say is, I'm extremely happy with the decision I made and that thread has cemented it for me 🥰
thank you 💙🥰

i think it just upset me a bit because it’s the one and only thing that ever gives me pause about being childfree so it hit a nerve i think. also seemed a very cruel comment in a forum that also has infertility and ivf advice threads but there we go.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
agreed 🥴 I don’t go on the gender critical thread because I know I’ll be upset by the opinions there… so I avoid it. i haven’t looked at what they’re saying about this thread as life is too short to spend time hurting your own feelings (even though we apparently have unlimited time to ourselves!) xxx

ETA: just cos we’re on this thread doesn’t mean we agree with all of the child free opinions 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Heart
The thing is we haven’t critised them for choosing to have kids, we just chat about why we are happy not having them. I think it’s out of order that we can never talk about being children without being criticised by parents.

and as for us having no one to look after us when we are old, no one should be having kids for that reason alone, it’s downright selfish.

I don’t want anyone to look after me when I’m old.

Their comments reek of jealousy!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I had to put a parent in a care home when I was still in my 20's due to a terminal illness. She did not know who I was, and she spent several years in said home unable to do anything other than blink. So whether or not she had kids, she'd have been in that home all alone.

At least I will have savings to have comfortable care, and travel to Switzerland if I get a similar diagnosis.

Life's not some cartoon fairytale where you just fall asleep all happy at the end surrounded by kids and grandkids.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
The thing is we haven’t critised them for choosing to have kids, we just chat about why we are happy not having them. I think it’s out of order that we can never talk about being children without being critsied by parents.

and as for us having no one to look after us when we are old, no one should be having kids for that reason alone, it’s downright selfish.

I don’t want anyone to look after me when I’m old.

Their comments reek of jealousy!
none of us has been mean or crossed the line with them. not one of us has gone and posted to their thread, yet they thought it was fine to do that to us, wind us up and then go back and say we’re jealous of them and need therapy?! i don’t get it. we’ve never encroached on their thread once.

i see that they’re still reading this thread now though based on the follow up comments so 👋🏻

• Haha
  • Heart
I’m so scared about my parents needing care in the future because I simply can’t provide it! I can’t physically care for anyone else, I can’t care for myself very well as it is. There should be proper provision and services in place so that children aren’t forced to be unpaid carers whilst juggling families/jobs etc.

If my parents said that was the main reason they’d had me, I’d be really upset 😬

• Heart
none of us has been mean or crossed the line with them. not one of us has gone and posted to their thread, yet they thought it was fine to do that to us, wind us up and then go back and say we’re jealous of them and need therapy?! i don’t get it. we’ve never encroached on their thread once.

i see that they’re still reading this thread now though based on the follow up comments so 👋🏻
Exactly! And I’m married, I could probably get pregnant tomorrow (or I could try 🤣) if I wanted to! There’s nothing stopping me having kids, but me! I don’t want them, never have!
I don’t criticise those that do. That’s their choice! I’m very happy the way I am and I’ve never looked on their threads before now, let alone commented about them on here.

Yeah a couple of people commented about their threads on here, but most of us (myself included) haven’t!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
i feel we’re about to get a mod warning so - in advance - mods we will not mention the mum threads anymore 🤣 it ain’t worth it!

ladies, minor intermission over, let’s go back to being our amazing childfree selves 🥳🥳🥳

We won’t mention the mum threads anymore but sometimes can’t be helped because parents keep coming on this thread unwanted! I bet not a single person in this thread has commented on a parenting thread because it’s not wanted (and we don’t give a tit) so why do they keep coming here!!!!?

Maybe I’m talking out of turn, maybe it’s my lunchtime weekday drinks talking 😉

• Heart
  • Haha
i feel we’re about to get a mod warning so - in advance - mods we will not mention the mum threads anymore 🤣 it ain’t worth it!

ladies, minor intermission over, let’s go back to being our amazing childfree selves 🥳🥳🥳
Trust us we'd really rather not get involved, but civil wars between threads doesn't benefit anyone.

Better to tend to you own garden and all that 🌷

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I worked in a nursing home and we had a lot of patients who did not have any visits from children or if they did it was a 5 min in out scenario so it’s not a guarantee that they will care for you. This was also a very expensive private care home too.
Sadly you can be the best parent in the world and you can only guide a child through to adulthood. What they do after is out of your hands .

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Better to tend to you own garden and all that 🌷
this is a really nice post but also the urge for me to make a joke about my own un-tended fandango right now is unbearable 😭😭😭😭

Maybe I’m talking out of turn, maybe it’s my lunchtime weekday drinks talking 😉
I work part time and people are so confused when it’s not because of children!! Weekday drinks are the BEST!

• Haha
All of the above, freedom, spare money, quiet peaceful house, can pursue my own interests (which include badminton, sewing and house music festivals/Ibiza). Not to sound wanky but I really like my body, I’m a slim size 6 hourglass (the “made up” Mumsnet physique lol, though mine is due to IBS) and I love crop tops and skimpy summer clothes. I’d hate to have a mum tum, or worse, incontinence and a shredded vagina.

Oh also I don’t really like children/noise so it’s nice to not have things I dislike in my house!

Another one…..I’m very into equality and nothing about parenting seems equal. Maybe if I could be a Disney Dad in the 70s I’d consider it!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
All of the above, freedom, spare money, quiet peaceful house, can pursue my own interests (which include badminton, sewing and house music festivals/Ibiza). Not to sound wanky but I really like my body, I’m a slim size 6 hourglass (the “made up” Mumsnet physique lol, though mine is due to IBS) and I love crop tops and skimpy summer clothes. I’d hate to have a mum tum, or worse, incontinence and a shredded vagina.
What do you sew?

this is a really nice post but also the urge for me to make a joke about my own un-tended fandango right now is unbearable 😭😭😭😭

I work part time and people are so confused when it’s not because of children!! Weekday drinks are the BEST!
FANDANGO 🤣🤣👏🏻👏🏻

weekday drinks are absolutely the best. i am so jealous of you working part time, what a dream!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.