Childfree by choice #6 Sleeping well at night, petition for childfree flights

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
the toast comment baffled me šŸ˜‚ so cause I donā€™t have kids thereā€™s no point in feeding myself properly? Seriously?

Can we add nutrition to the list of things that thereā€™s no point bothering with because we donā€™t have kids? So far weā€™ve got Christmas, Halloween, and Disney.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Let's just go ahead and add all domestic/household things to the list. Everyone knows that child free people never have to clean, do laundry, change a lightbulb or stop by the shops to purchase milk. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 14
These pricks would rather shove us in capsule hotel cubicles so we won't take up precious real estate which could be used for their darling families.

Reactions: 12
Let's just go ahead and add all domestic/household things to the list. Everyone knows that child free people never have to clean, do laundry, change a lightbulb or stop by the shops to purchase milk. :rolleyes:
i mean, idk about you but i just whistle out of my bedroom window and a host of cartoon bluebirds and mice rush in and do all my chores for me. such are the benefits when youā€™re childfree!

itā€™s ridiculous the way these people think our lives have no meaning to the point that we wouldnā€™t even feed ourselves properly. what an absolutely insane thing to say.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
tbh if someone says to me that I donā€™t have any responsibility because Iā€™m child free Iā€™m going to proudly announce that I donā€™t because the money I save on childcare means I can afford a cleaner, deliveroo my shopping to my door, and send my clothes out to be washed and ironed professionally āœŒšŸ»šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
tbh if someone says to me that I donā€™t have any responsibility because Iā€™m child free Iā€™m going to proudly announce that I donā€™t because the money I save on childcare means I can afford a cleaner, deliveroo my shopping to my door, and send my clothes out to be washed and ironed professionally āœŒšŸ»šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø
yeah what is the obsession with ā€˜responsibilityā€™??? I donā€™t want responsibility!! I donā€™t like responsibility! I just want an easy life and to do what I want, when I want, bleeping sue me šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

it feels like more toxic productivity for social media - everyone just wants to show off that theyā€™re the busiest, work the hardest and have the nicest things.

mumfluencers are basically like this:

have a baby > make a family Instagram > buy everything beige and aesthetic only > slide into DMs with a ā€˜hey girlieā€™ to shill some wax melts > become a superhero girlboss MILF > post stories about self care not being selfish > have a breakdown and post about the ā€˜raw, honest side of parenthoodā€™ because theyā€™ve been deluding themselves for years that everything is wonderful > share #adgifted mindfulness meditation sessions via aff link

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Tbh Iā€™m the first to admit Iā€™m not the best at feeding myself - in my job I often donā€™t get time for lunch etc, often get fast food in the evening working - so I definitely do not want to have to feed someone else either! I didnā€™t choose to be a carer by career so why would I want to do it in my spare time šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

• Heart
I said this once my wedding was over. I had a tiny at home Wedding but it takes over your life before hand and I can imagine if you have a big one you have been planning for years you get married and then what do you do with your time, fill it with an baby.
Weā€™ve filled out post wedding time with holiday planning and booking instead, got five booked and paid for for this year and planning more
Canā€™t talk about it with mates with kids though as they fume šŸ« 

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Men take Childfree posts made by women personally because it reminds them that in the modern world they are not needed.

If men are not needed then the beliefs that they are superior to women falls apart. Some men have nothing but their sense of ego. As more women get educated and experience more freedom, this category of men feels endangered. Which leads to men being aggressive online.

We could have a whole talk about the rise of the "nice guy" or the "wife guy". A bunch of men pretending to adapt to the modern era but eventually show their misogyny. ie : not pulling their weight at home, refusing to date women who earn more, etc

• Heart
Reactions: 18
yeah what is the obsession with ā€˜responsibilityā€™??? I donā€™t want responsibility!! I donā€™t like responsibility! I just want an easy life and to do what I want, when I want, bleeping sue me šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

it feels like more toxic productivity for social media - everyone just wants to show off that theyā€™re the busiest, work the hardest and have the nicest things.

mumfluencers are basically like this:

have a baby > make a family Instagram > buy everything beige and aesthetic only > slide into DMs with a ā€˜hey girlieā€™ to shill some wax melts > become a superhero girlboss MILF > post stories about self care not being selfish > have a breakdown and post about the ā€˜raw, honest side of parenthoodā€™ because theyā€™ve been deluding themselves for years that everything is wonderful > share #adgifted mindfulness meditation sessions via aff link
And they end up having a million more kids šŸ¤¢

Reactions: 2
Men take Childfree posts made by women personally because it reminds them that in the modern world they are not needed.

If men are not needed then the beliefs that they are superior to women falls apart. Some men have nothing but their sense of ego. As more women get educated and experience more freedom, this category of men feels endangered. Which leads to men being aggressive online.

We could have a whole talk about the rise of the "nice guy" or the "wife guy". A bunch of men pretending to adapt to the modern era but eventually show their misogyny. ie : not pulling their weight at home, refusing to date women who earn more, etc
Agreed, and I think also they want us to suffer, and canā€™t believe itā€™s not mandatory.

Reactions: 5
Weā€™ve filled out post wedding time with holiday planning and booking instead, got five booked and paid for for this year and planning more
Oh god yeah they get annoyed when you mention going away again šŸ¤£ we're currently buying a house so holidays are on the back burner at the mo but we've got a weekend in Edinburgh next week and a cruise in May already booked and looking forward to having the time to plan that properlyšŸ˜Š

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Agreed, and I think also they want us to suffer, and canā€™t believe itā€™s not mandatory.
Yes! The saddest thing is that some women still want to bring other women to miseryland with them.

I've met a lot of unhappy mothers who were jealous and bitter of the fact that I chose to be childfree. My freedom was a constant reminder of their "mistake".

Reactions: 12
I find the men get angrier than the women. One of my husbandā€™s oldest friends was absolutely livid with me (on only the second ever time weā€™d met) when it came up that I wouldnā€™t be having children. Absolutely bleeping livid. They canā€™t bear women getting away with it.

• Wow
Reactions: 18
Yes! The saddest thing is that some women still want to bring other women to miseryland with them.

I've met a lot of unhappy mothers who were jealous and bitter of the fact that I chose to be childfree. My freedom was a constant reminder of their "mistake".
I agree, the women I know who are actually happy being mothers are happy for me that Iā€™m childfree and say being a mother is hard work and Iā€™m doing the right thing not having kids if I donā€™t want them and more people should make that decision. All of the unhappy mothers I know who are always complaining about their children go on about all the reasons why I should have them. You should hear them talking to pregnant women though! They get told their life is over, their body will be ruined, their relationship will never be the same, they wonā€™t have any time or money etc!

Reactions: 9
Being childfree goes against everything women are told. Weā€™re supposed to be maternal and selfless. Being childfree points to the opposite of that and society bleeping hates selfish women. Think of what a woman has to do to be labelled selfish compared to a man, think of how we treat rich women, women ceos, women business owners, even women who own their own homes. Society doesnā€™t like them, these women are ā€œhigh maintenanceā€.

Reactions: 9
I can relate! I almost feel like I have to play down or feel ashamed of my multiple holidays a year šŸ™ƒ. I don't want them to think I'm showing off or rubbing it in šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

Reactions: 6
I can relate! I almost feel like I have to play down or feel ashamed of my multiple holidays a year šŸ™ƒ. I don't want them to think I'm showing off or rubbing it in šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
Na having kids their choice. if iv to listen to them tell me about nappies and vomit they can hear about my holidays which I try take 5-7 days away every 7/8 weeks

• Heart
Being childfree goes against everything women are told. Weā€™re supposed to be maternal and selfless. Being childfree points to the opposite of that and society bleeping hates selfish women. Think of what a woman has to do to be labelled selfish compared to a man, think of how we treat rich women, women ceos, women business owners, even women who own their own homes. Society doesnā€™t like them, these women are ā€œhigh maintenanceā€.
So true. Iā€™m actually kind of glad my dad always encouraged me to put myself first and was always the sort of person that if there was 1 space left on the bus, he would take it and encourage me to do the same. Might not be the best way to be but it beats all the ā€œbe kindā€ crap which usually equates to being a pushover and people pleaser and putting your own needs last.
I couldnā€™t make all the sacrifices required for a baby, nor do I want to, and donā€™t enjoy being a carer - itā€™s tit minimum wage work so why would I sign up to do it for 18 years unpaid, when I could just enjoy life?

Reactions: 13
^^^ It took me until this past year to realise how much of a people pleaser I am and how much I just go along with the things that people/society want me to do. I'm glad I'm now on the path to overcoming this behaviour.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.