Childfree by choice #6 Sleeping well at night, petition for childfree flights

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve got a few friends who have kids and now suddenly shocked with the cost of nursery’s….surely you would look beforehand

Reactions: 21
My cousin just posted this on Instagram. Ok hun, keep telling yourself that and it might make it true. 😂
Screenshot_20221224-160235~2.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
My cousin just posted this on Instagram. Ok hun, keep telling yourself that and it might make it true. 😂View attachment 1829545
Why is social media full of parents complaining already then? It’s not even Christmas and I’ve seen about 16 things calling their kids ungrateful, kids are being called brats on my Facebook feed, parents are complaint about presents, cooking, hyper kids, money and more all over Facebook, insta, Reddit and mumsnet and that’s just what I’ve seen in the half an hour I’ve been sitting browsing having a coffee and a mince pie.

I’ve had three messages off of one of my sister in laws, two off one sister, a stream off of another, four from one brother, seven from another, my best friend is tearing her hair out, another friend has asked me if I can bring an extra bottle of baileys on Boxing Day because she’s opened her already and my cousin is in the family WhatsApp chat furious about the behaviour of one of her children and how they’re ruining Christmas for her and as an afterthought her other kids 😂 and it’s not even actually Christmas yet!

I’m having a great day, but I’ve kept that to myself!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
It’s like when we went into lockdown and parents suddenly had to stay at home with their children 24/7 and all my feeds were just all moaning about how unbearable it was. That was the nail in the coffin for me.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I struggle to have sympathy for parents who are pissed off wth their kids behaviour on Xmas eve tbh. I appreciate it’s a bit tit but what do you expect? You and the rest of the world spend like 2 months hyping them for the day, of course they’re going to overexcited and over stimulated the day before the day itself.

eta: I have more sympathy for the kids cause I find Christmas overwhelming as an adult. I can’t imagine being a child

Reactions: 24
Just finished wrapping presents for tomorrow; it's not deliberate but doing it on the 24th seems to be a tradition now :ROFLMAO: having an early night and tomorrow our adult-only group will start with champagne (just bought the one bottle because £££ but then, I didn't have kids to buy presents for). I'm contributing 5 bottles of wine, 6 artisan cheeses, 2 types of grapes, and 4 types of crackers, so I can build everyone a lovely cheeseboard and we can all gorge ourselves after the turkey dinner. Merry Christmas all, enjoy your calm and childfree day! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I'm so shattered at the moment that I'm on the sofa feeling glad that there aren't loads of hyper kids around!

Reactions: 10
Just finished wrapping presents for tomorrow; it's not deliberate but doing it on the 24th seems to be a tradition now :ROFLMAO: having an early night and tomorrow our adult-only group will start with champagne (just bought the one bottle because £££ but then, I didn't have kids to buy presents for). I'm contributing 5 bottles of wine, 6 artisan cheeses, 2 types of grapes, and 4 types of crackers, so I can build everyone a lovely cheeseboard and we can all gorge ourselves after the turkey dinner. Merry Christmas all, enjoy your calm and childfree day! ❤
that sounds absolutely wonderful!! 😍😍 the cheeseboard is my fave thing about Christmas!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
My friend spent a good 15 minutes at lunch telling us how awful motherhood is and how much she hates it. And then finished off by announcing “we’ll be trying for another in the new year” 🤯

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
I've got a friend who had a baby a few months ago but as I live away I couldn't go see her til recently. She told me every gory detail about her difficult birth with forceps and the damage she was left with. Another who is pregnant currently mentioned how expensive everything is. So I was already happy to be childfree but they both have confirmed my decision!

This Xmas is just me, other half and the cat. We have some nice food, time, quietness and no kids to chase or prep Xmas for. I like sleeping, a tidy house, quietness and having some nice things I couldn't afford if I had a child and I'm happy this way. I've got nieces and nephews and we have our families so we don't feel alone but the having a child life is just not for me.

Reactions: 11
My friend spent a good 15 minutes at lunch telling us how awful motherhood is and how much she hates it. And then finished off by announcing “we’ll be trying for another in the new year” 🤯
it always fascinates me a bit when people do that. 3 minutes of a toddler screaming in Tesco is enough to put me off 😂😂

Reactions: 10
I've got a friend who had a baby a few months ago but as I live away I couldn't go see her til recently. She told me every gory detail about her difficult birth with forceps and the damage she was left with. Another who is pregnant currently mentioned how expensive everything is. So I was already happy to be childfree but they both have confirmed my decision!

This Xmas is just me, other half and the cat. We have some nice food, time, quietness and no kids to chase or prep Xmas for. I like sleeping, a tidy house, quietness and having some nice things I couldn't afford if I had a child and I'm happy this way. I've got nieces and nephews and we have our families so we don't feel alone but the having a child life is just not for me.
Yes! why do they do this????
I never asked
One friend told me the labour room looked like an abattoir and she now rightly has ptsd
Another told me about them shoving the placenta back in
And another friend sends me pics of her sprogs napping 🤮🤢 green tit everywhere
She had dressed her baby to come see me and sent me a pic of the outfit in her tit and vomit.

and some people dare to ask why I don’t have kids

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
I’ve got a few friends who have kids and now suddenly shocked with the cost of nursery’s….surely you would look beforehand
I think that about all of it tbh. I mentioned before my friend who is really good about her baby and our friendship, and even she waited until she’s given birth to get quite a few obviously needed things and has said she’s surprised how expensive it is. It really seems like people just make the baby first and think about the cost of it all later which is just baffling to me, I had a spreadsheet for working out all the costs for our pets before we even got them and we are fortunate to be very comfortable financially, so I have no idea how people just don’t even bother looking at how much all these things cost before having a baby! How can you live like that 😅

Reactions: 12
If people did that, no one would reproduce! It’s £1600 for full time nursery round my sides :eek:
I used to work in a nursery that had the cheapest fees in the area and full time it was close to 12.5k a year. Thats just for one child... I didn't even earn that much working there! Imagine having to pay out the vast majority of your wages on childcare? What's the point in even working? Especially if you have more than one child. I know once they hit 3 it's subsidised but you still have to contribute a lot.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
I’m new to this thread so I don’t know if it’s ever been bought up but r/breakingmom on Reddit is the best form of contraception for me. Thought today would be a good day to read it, so many moms complaining that they did not get one gift! Zero, zilch under the tree for them! Imagine all the time and money invested into others and you don’t even receive a simple kind gesture of a small gift for Christmas. One son said he spent the money on pizza instead.

Not sure if we’re allowed to share Reddit posts here but also appreciated a post yesterday about a woman who was fed up because her husband/baby daddy’s kink is having her fart in his face.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
I’m new to this thread so I don’t know if it’s ever been bought up but r/breakingmom on Reddit is the best form of contraception for me. Thought today would be a good day to read it, so many moms complaining that they did not get one gift! Zero, zilch under the tree for them! Imagine all the time and money invested into others and you don’t even receive a simple kind gesture of a small gift for Christmas. One son said he spent the money on pizza instead.

Not sure if we’re allowed to share Reddit posts here but also appreciated a post yesterday about a woman who was fed up because her husband/baby daddy’s kink is having her fart in his face.
I saw a post the other day from a dad asking for ideas on how to keep his kids entertained cause his wife goes back to work on the 28th. His words were something like “the weather will be tit, and soft play, trampoline parks and swimming is expensive for everyday so looking for ideas”
I thought here’s an idea tell them to play with the no doubt mountain of Christmas presents they received?

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Yes! why do they do this????
I never asked
One friend told me the labour room looked like an abattoir and she now rightly has ptsd
Another told me about them shoving the placenta back in
And another friend sends me pics of her sprogs napping 🤮🤢 green tit everywhere
She had dressed her baby to come see me and sent me a pic of the outfit in her tit and vomit.

and some people dare to ask why I don’t have kids
Yep I never asked either and hers was a similar scene from the sound of it. And the poonami stories are horrific too.

Not the life for me

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.