Childfree by choice #6 Sleeping well at night, petition for childfree flights

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think some cultures are definitely worse for expecting women to marry and have children.

I’m quite lucky that my culture isn’t strict on that, but it is still expected that I will have children.

I got married a few months ago and I’m waiting for the comments about when I’m having a baby.

Reactions: 7
Luisa Zissman wrote an article about it once I will have to try to find it but it was basically about the comments she got when she left her kids to go on holiday with a friend and she mentions how her husband never gets asked who’s looking after the kids when he’s away versus her who always does

so I found it - I hope this is allowed cause it’s a link but it’s a huffington post article and I’ll post some pictures too.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
When we got married, on our wedding day we had guests asking us when are we having kids

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
When we got married, on our wedding day we had guests asking us when are we having kids
What did they want you to say to that? ‘Well, I’ve been to Ann summers and stocked up on lingerie and lube Barbara and we’re going to do six different positions to consummate the marriage so I might end up pregnant by the morning.’ 🫣 Such a weird question even in a world where everyone was fertile and wanting to have kids!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
What did they want you to say to that? ‘Well, I’ve been to Ann summers and stocked up on lingerie and lube Barbara and we’re going to do six different positions to consummate the marriage so I might end up pregnant by the morning.’ 🫣 Such a weird question even in a world where everyone was fertile and wanting to have kids!
My boss asked me outright when are we thinking of trying …grim
And my friend (we work in the same organisation) had her director ask her the same thing just in case she wanted to sort out mat leave

• Wow
Reactions: 5
O
She made a big mistake by caving! This is why he doesn’t understand that no means no! Consistency is key!
Oh I know, especially after 45 mins of hell! I felt like I'd endured all that for no reason whatsoever, she might as well have caved in after he asked the first time and saved us all the headache 🤣 I kind of thought he'd get fed up after a bit but he was so persistent.

She was so calm with him though, repeating over and over, no, you can have xyz instead etc. I'd have flipped after 5mins, sent him to his room and let him get on with his tantrum!

Reactions: 4
O
Oh I know, especially after 45 mins of hell! I felt like I'd endured all that for no reason whatsoever, she might as well have caved in after he asked the first time and saved us all the headache 🤣 I kind of thought he'd get fed up after a bit but he was so persistent.

She was so calm with him though, repeating over and over, no, you can have xyz instead etc. I'd have flipped after 5mins, sent him to his room and let him get on with his tantrum!
Hahah I can’t believe she stuck it out all that time to then just cave! 🤣
Think I’d have walked out the house by that point!

Reactions: 3
O

no offence but he was probably persistent cause he knew she’d cave in end 😂😂 kids are clever like that

Reactions: 11
Thread on reddit you folks will be interested in - someone has posted asking if others have noticed more parents bringing kids along to events.

I can't post a link but here is what she has written:

"Over the past few years I’ve noticed more and more other parents bringing their kids along to events that would normally be adult only.
I’ve been too a few dinner parties over the last few years where a couple will bring their kids along and then spend the whole time fussing over them. Celebratory dinners too for new jobs or whatever. My husbands friend brought along his two year old on a night out in Newcastle and then to watch Forest play the next day back in august. Im not talking about hosts of these events I mean guests just turning up with their kids. Saw a coupe refused entry to a wedding last summer because it was a child free wedding but the guests thought two kids wouldn’t make a difference.
This brings me on to what made me ask this question. On Sunday I’m going on a hen do, an air bnb with spa days, adults indoor play and then night events which includes raunchy games and sexy waiters. Not child friendly activities. Well, two of the party have announced they will be bring their kids along. One woman has a one year old she’s bringing and the other has a 3 and a 4 year old. What a way to ruin the two nights away!
I’m 38 so have been to loads of events over the years and no one brought their kids until the last few years!"

I have a lot of opinions (shock!) but mostly, I cannot possibly fathom why you'd want to bring a child to a hen party. I don't even want to be at a hen party!

• Wow
Reactions: 22
I’ve just seen someone in the supermarket wearing a t shirt that says ‘raising boys’ on it 🤢

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
I used to work in a nursery that had the cheapest fees in the area and full time it was close to 12.5k a year. Thats just for one child... I didn't even earn that much working there! Imagine having to pay out the vast majority of your wages on childcare? What's the point in even working? Especially if you have more than one child. I know once they hit 3 it's subsidised but you still have to contribute a lot.
Vom!! Women will stay working at a loss even, so they can keep climbing the career ladder. Once the kids are at full time school it pays off apparently. Happy parenthood is reserved for the rich/elite.

Reactions: 2
To be fair there were no kids with her (even weirder now I think about it) so maybe she’s raising dogs or something, that I can get behind
I love wearing my Dog Mum hoody to the supermarket and glaring at people who let their kids run riot in there.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Thread on reddit you folks will be interested in - someone has posted asking if others have noticed more parents bringing kids along to events.

"Over the past few years I’ve noticed more and more other parents bringing their kids along to events that would normally be adult only.
I’ve been too a few dinner parties over the last few years where a couple will bring their kids along and then spend the whole time fussing over them. Celebratory dinners too for new jobs or whatever. My husbands friend brought along his two year old on a night out in Newcastle and then to watch Forest play the next day back in august. Im not talking about hosts of these events I mean guests just turning up with their kids. Saw a coupe refused entry to a wedding last summer because it was a child free wedding but the guests thought two kids wouldn’t make a difference.
This brings me on to what made me ask this question. On Sunday I’m going on a hen do, an air bnb with spa days, adults indoor play and then night events which includes raunchy games and sexy waiters. Not child friendly activities. Well, two of the party have announced they will be bring their kids along. One woman has a one year old she’s bringing and the other has a 3 and a 4 year old. What a way to ruin the two nights away!
I’m 38 so have been to loads of events over the years and no one brought their kids until the last few years!"

I have a lot of opinions (shock!) but mostly, I cannot possibly fathom why you'd want to bring a child to a hen party. I don't even want to be at a hen party!
People have some obsession that their kids are loved by other people and an extension of themselves.

Unless you are specifically invited you don’t go, no exception for kids. If I was the bride I would be fuming.

Reactions: 17

Why on earth would anyone be so selfish as to take their kids?

As a side note, for my hen do alls I did was have a hot tub party with my maid of honour, female in laws to be & my mum. It was very child friendly to be fair, it wasn’t tacky or inappropriate, but I would have hated to have kids there. Not relaxing at all!

Reactions: 5
I went to a wedding this summer where one couple brought a very newborn baby with them and they didn’t even tell the bride (my good friend) they just turned up with it. They then insisted they had to sit near the big doors so they could take the baby out when it cried during the ceremony, but the rows of seats near the doors were for the bridal party. So it was just my friends family etc and then…this woman with her baby, and to top it off the woman was actually just a plus one that the bride hadn’t even met because the husband was the groom’s colleague! Not even a close friend etc. My friend was very good about it but I mean they hadn’t arranged anything for a baby, there wasn’t a baby seat set up at the table and the couple weren’t seated somewhere convenient for a high chair. I could never.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
The worst thing is how children completely suck the anir out of any room they’re in. Everybody’s focus shifts to them, you have to watch what you say around them, and the parents only ever have half a brain to spend on anything else.

Reactions: 17
It’s the same with dogs/puppies.

went to the in laws for Christmas, 3 of them have older puppies and they all instantly take over the room.

my MIL drives me nuts with the dog. “Don’t talk too loud the dog is sleeping”, “don’t sneeze it scares the dog”. And his dad doesn’t allow the word “no” or the use of a stern voice with the dog… ITS A DOG.

I bet she was one of them insufferable parents that wouldn’t allow people to breathe when the kids were asleep! And he probably never let his kids hear the word no! Would explain a lot about my husband to be fair!🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.