Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

soph30

VIP Member
I totally agree. These will be the ones not understanding how an adult may choose to fill their time with something other than playing diaper-basketball with the bin or stressing about book day costumes at 11pm. When people have nothing going on in their lives (however simple or grand) they tend to cling to their kids and judge others for their "empty lives". 🖕
To be fair I think some people are very maternal. That ain’t us though 😂

Reactions: 2

penny1992

Chatty Member
I saw this article and now I feel worried... Lol. There's also a reddit thread on the Canada subreddit about it and people are saying childfree will be old, lonely and dottled 😬😞. Is abyone else childfree but also not very sociable? I moved countries and don't have a lot of friends here...

• Sad

aidil

VIP Member
at this point if they’re still reading here then that’s on them 🤣💀 (though why would you? me and you aren’t out there in an anti f1 thread! i’m not reading a thread called “i hate books” or whatever 🤣)

that drawing also genuinely does trigger a memory for me of someone bring their toddler into work. he was a cute enough kid and very giggly but every time he laughed every woman on my bank of desks would laugh back. this went on, slightly hysterically, for ages. i felt like i was in that scene from midsommar.

everyone had lovely sounding weekends! i’m off to vegas in a week and a half so i spent my weekend doing travel prep (buying dollars, new luggage etc) and doing the all important task of planning my outfits 🇺🇸
That Midsommar analogy is SO on point 🤣 Makes me want to jump in a bear suit and throw a match 💀

I’m so jealous of your Vegas trip, can’t wait to hear all about it after! Make sure you visit the GP start line and graffiti our names in a love heart with PG and CL 🥹

• Heart

Chandler Bing

VIP Member
We’ve got a dusting of snow in the SW which is rare for us. Obviously close the schools the world is coming to an end!!! So the kids are out screaming and shrieking. WTF is it with the shrieking?? The boys seems even worse. I get it’s exciting and they’re having fun as they never have to be in school anymore it seems (strikes in a couple of weeks and then half term) 😂 it’s a great time to be a kid. I don’t remember anyone doing that when I was their age though.. my friends just screeching constantly when we played.. didn’t happen. Another reason why I couldn’t have kids as the noise just goes right through me I honestly couldn’t live with it in the house. It’s bad enough having to endure it from outside 😬
We had teacher strikes when I was a kid, and we still had to go school every day! We just had some volunteer parents come teach us.

penny1992

Chatty Member
I would never wish any harm on a kid but I openly admit I do not like children. The same with hamsters, I do not want one, do not like one but would never harm or wish harm on one.
I agree! I've helped a child when needed, ie lost in a store. But I never want to have them and I'd rather not be around them.

penny1992

Chatty Member
yeah what is the obsession with ‘responsibility’??? I don’t want responsibility!! I don’t like responsibility! I just want an easy life and to do what I want, when I want, fucking sue me 🤷‍♀️

it feels like more toxic productivity for social media - everyone just wants to show off that they’re the busiest, work the hardest and have the nicest things.

mumfluencers are basically like this:

have a baby > make a family Instagram > buy everything beige and aesthetic only > slide into DMs with a ‘hey girlie’ to shill some wax melts > become a superhero girlboss MILF > post stories about self care not being selfish > have a breakdown and post about the ‘raw, honest side of parenthood’ because they’ve been deluding themselves for years that everything is wonderful > share #adgifted mindfulness meditation sessions via aff link
And they end up having a million more kids 🤢

TheGlossy

VIP Member
In my previous role, one male manager asked me if I had children and I said “no”. Then my direct manager interjected and said “You don’t, but some day you will”. Then I said “That’s not the topic of this conversation” and gave him the side eye. Then he apologized and said he didn’t know why he said that.

Some men out there still think all women want children.

On the topic of children not being invited to weddings. It’s obviously a right of the future spouses not to invite children, but if I were a parent, I’d be slightly offended. I wouldn’t show up with my children though, I simply would decline attending.

Rippedjeanmaybe

VIP Member
No my point wasn’t about going home but about which home.
Yes my point was more that those criticising people for putting family in a care home don’t seem to understand that sometimes the decision is taken out of their hands by SS.

we had a POA in place for my nan plus other things and we were fortunate her house didn’t have to be sold.

Reactions: 1

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
I find this new trend for shops allowing dogs inside absolutely bonkers! And that’s coming from a vet nurse. Not everyone likes dogs and they should be able to shop in peace without being scared. It’s just giving in to the kind of people who haven’t trained their dogs to be happy alone for a few hours.
I think if the dog is small and being carried I don’t really have an issue with it but a dog on a lead unless an assistance dog, no that needs to stay outside.

• Heart

HoGi

VIP Member
Has anyone saw the comments on Stylist Magazines insta post about life stages and friends there’s some vile mothers on there saying the usual dated nonsense about people without kids understanding mothers on a few years but thankfully some of the replies are right back at her . I don’t remember my own mother or her friends with children being such martyrs about having children though it seems to be my generation and younger who are like this
As often the way in stylist posts the comments section is a hot mess

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
I like mine but I’m not a “family” person, I see them every few months and that’s enough for me. They’re people in their 50s that I don’t have loads in common with apart from memories and being related, at the end of the day! My worst nightmare would be to have one of those families that live on my road and come round for tea every day, do not want anything like that. Luckily my more weird/bigoted ones family members abroad 😂 If I did have a kid I would kick them out at 18, cannot be dealing with 30-somethings living at home. One of my friends earns 80k but is so bad with money he still lives with his parents at 30 and has saved fuck all (but has a BMW and goes for Michelin star meals and holidays). Imagine thinking parenting ends at 18 then having to deal with that.
😂 I spend way too much time with my parents, I work with my dad and I see my mi usually once a week/fortnight. I’m an only sibling so I’ve always been treated a bit more of an equal than a child. Always part of money decisions etc.