Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

zoominmoom

I read somewhere that they get bigger with every pregnancy?! No thanks
Surely not?! If that's true, it must be by a tiny amount because I've met some people with 6+ kids and their feet were a normal size. Either that or they started off with tiny feet and eventually developed normal feet after multiple kids :LOL:

Codiaeum

VIP Member
What, the feet seriously grow? I thought it was just shoes getting tight due to water....
Wouldn't mind going a size up myself, I've a size 3 and never find nice shoes but it creeps me out.

Rippedjeanmaybe

VIP Member
I love hanging out with my mum and dad but hardly anyone I know (late 20s) hangs out with their parents much. Some of the friends i went to school with moved abroad, and I know a lot of people who don’t speak/aren’t on good terms with their parents. Having kids is not a solution to loneliness
I see my mum probably once a week. Usually at the weekend as that’s when I’m not working. She’s early 60’s, has health problems and needs help with certain jobs. I live in a different town to her.

shadowcat5

VIP Member
I had a child free wedding and I didn’t give two hoots what parents thought. I am friends with you not your kid, I’m pretty vocal about my feelings towards kids as well so I think that helps.

I think it’s pretty pathetic if you’re offended if your kid doesn’t get an invite.
i think it depends on the relationship. if it’s just extended family or a work colleague then yeah that’s a bit pathetic.
i can sort of understand why siblings would be upset that their siblings didn’t want their niece and nephew there.

ElectricDreams

VIP Member
I have a niece and nephew so there's no way I'd be able to have a childfree wedding. But I know full well they'd play up and my nephew in particular would refuse to join in 🤣 But I'd invite my BILs family to the wedding as I know them well so hopefully there'd be enough people to help keep them entertained. But I absolutely wouldn't invite any other kids!

TheGlossy

VIP Member
My attitude was that it’s OUR wedding, WE were paying and if WE didn’t want kids then we weren’t having kids! Our wedding, our choice! When the guests pay then they get to choose! And honestly I wouldn’t have cared less if people hadn’t have come because I’d said no kids!
I’m a really shy person and I wouldn’t want to be worrying about some kids embarrassing me and ruining OUR wedding!

to be honest though, the only person at the ceremony who had kids was my maid of honour and she was happy to not have to put up with her two year old all day!
Ok, you don’t need to yell at me.

I get your point.

xxAprilxx

Get a kindle! They're the best 😍. Everyone is different, but I find that I read a lot more because of my kindle!
I second getting a kindle! I love mine, and same I found I read a lot more than I do with regular books. Mine has a backlight so I read it in bed with the lights off and just fall asleep,
Could you recommend which Kindle to get please? I've been looking for a few months, but can't decide!

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
i think it depends on the relationship. if it’s just extended family or a work colleague then yeah that’s a bit pathetic.
i can sort of understand why siblings would be upset that their siblings didn’t want their niece and nephew there.
Perhaps, we are both only children so I can’t really comment but I think I would have still stuck for no kids.

aidil

VIP Member
i love ikea but i can’t bear how parents seem to treat it as a kind of soft play for their kids - i can really only go in the weekends and there’s always kids rolling around on the beds, pulling all the cushions off shelves, playing in the kitchens etc. it isn’t a theme park, let me buy loads of things i don’t need in peace!
PREACH IT. I want to be the one rolling on the beds and playing in the kitchens! At least I earn my right to do that by actually buying stuff and not tripping up everyone around me!! 🤣

Eggsandbeans

We have someone coming back to our team after a very long mat leave. She's sent an email saying she's looking forward to coming back and introducing us to her 'new little best mate' who is 'the best thing ever' and she 'could talk about him all day every day!'. With no less than TWELVE photos of the kid. 😳

I hope I don't get sat next to her next time we're in the office. 🤣
Bet you all got told last minute she was intending to even come back too.

Anne1448

VIP Member
Do you mean Elaine?

Kind of ironic seen as Julia Louis-Dreyfus was pregnant throughout some of the seasons. They were going to do a 'Elaine gets fat' storyline but decided to drop it lol.
I had no idea that the actress was pregnant 😃 they hid it very well