Childfree by choice #6 Sleeping well at night, petition for childfree flights

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
LOL - I’ve been tired all week because I slept 11 hours on Saturday night and fucked up my sleep cycle, couldn’t get to bed till 3am on Sunday night and slept 5 hours the next few nights. Oh and I have a sport club till 10pm, then have to get up early for the office. Tiredness is personal anyway - my husband is way less tired on 5 hours sleep than I am on 8!

Also, whenever I see one of these martyr mums going “I haven’t slept through the night in 4 years” - what has your useless husband been doing in that time? Out of over 1000 nights he couldn’t even get up for 1? The fact these woman accept these useless idiots and then use it as some weird stealth boast!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
A woman who works at my company was telling me today that she enjoys her days working alone because she has a 7 year old and she can’t cope with her constant talking about utter crap. 😂

And this is why I don’t have kids!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I think doing an overnight residential with 15 kids is what truly put me off having children. They woke us up constantly for stupid reasons like ‘my nose is snotty’… you’re 12, get a tissue ffs 💀

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I'm tired ALL week at work cus I stay up till whatever time I like, watching Netflix, hanging out with friends, playing games, self pleasuring 😂😂 And then weekends I get a nice long lie in to catch up....and still have all day to do what I like 🥰

I'm sure M*msnet would argue "well that's your fault you're tired" and guess what? It's your fault you're tired too! You chose to have kids haha!!
Yeah why does it always have to be some kind of weird competition? Like I couldn’t POSSIBLY be more tired than you, a parent. One of my friends who is a new mum is really bad for this - if I mention I’m tired in passing she always has to one up me and say how early she was up or how many times she was up in the night. Ok? So I’m never allowed to be tired, because of stress, having too much on my plate, not sleeping well, etc etc. I feel like I could argue that parents get MORE sleep as they’re usually in bed by like 9!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Yeah why does it always have to be some kind of weird competition? Like I couldn’t POSSIBLY be more tired than you, a parent. One of my friends who is a new mum is really bad for this - if I mention I’m tired in passing she always has to one up me and say how early she was up or how many times she was up in the night. Ok? So I’m never allowed to be tired, because of stress, having too much on my plate, not sleeping well, etc etc. I feel like I could argue that parents get MORE sleep as they’re usually in bed by like 9!
I don’t know why it’s a competition they’re so desperate to win.

Just agree with them and they start arguing against themselves anyway.

Reactions: 14
Got talking to a neighbour earlier and he said his weekend is busy, his kids have a sports tournament...4 games today and 5 tomorrow. Sounds "hectic" I said. In my head I'm thinking "sounds hellish." 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Got talking to a neighbour earlier and he said his weekend is busy, his kids have a sports tournament...4 games today and 5 tomorrow. Sounds "hectic" I said. In my head I'm thinking "sounds hellish." 😂
oh lord that's not a weekend..

Reactions: 6
Yeah that’s definitely no weekend!

I woke up this morning after a nice lie in, went for breakfast, went to Cheshire oaks, had a meal out and went to a dessert place.

came home and sat on the sofa all afternoon watching tv.

hopefully if the weather is nicer next weekend we might go for a walk somewhere, after a lie in obviously!

• Heart
Reactions: 12

I woke up this morning after a nice lie in, went for breakfast, went to Cheshire oaks, had a meal out and went to a dessert place.

hopefully if the weather is nicer next weekend we might go for a walk somewhere, after a lie in obviously!
you did more than me I walked and washed my hair... closed the curtains and watched Netflix 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
you did more than me I walked and washed my hair... closed the curtains and watched Netflix 🤣
I love going out. I don’t mind the odd day staying in, but I do an office job and I need the fresh air & a chance of scenery at the weekend! 🤣

Reactions: 8

@Rippedjeanmaybe it sounds like you're super close to me, I "know" you from a couple of threads from here, it's a shame there is no DM functionality.

Reactions: 6
All I did today was cleaning and going to get a wax and a manicure. Traffic was awful, the bus wouldn't come for minutes, my bits were ice cold at some point and I came home nearly starving because I had to walk around for longer than I thought.

I still wouldn't trade it for a 2 weeks all expenses paid luxury trip to Disneyland with kids 😬

Reactions: 8
I’ve been out daydrinking with my other child free friends, can’t do that when you have kids!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Husband is away at a gig tonight, I've worked late shifts all week, so today was a relaxing day.

Took Mr to the train station, walked the dog, put a couple of wash loads on, sat on the sofa scrolling and watching Grey's Anatomy 😂Managed 8 episodes, bliss

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I didn’t even get out of bed until 12 today! And I still had time to batch cook my work lunch for the next week, make a decent dent in a 1000 piece jigsaw, and just generally fanny around

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I had a nice lie in also, then breakfast in bed while reading my kindle. Pottered about the house and did some housework, laid on the bed for no reason, then had my sister round to watch Netflix and have a takeaway 😅

Love hearing about others childfree weekends 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 11
After a late one at the pub on Friday m, we had a massive lie in. I did some cleaning then a cheeky Chinese for one and Netflix while Mr Bloggs went out with the boys. Todays about a pamper and listing some bits on vintage.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.