Childfree by choice #6 Sleeping well at night, petition for childfree flights

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Me and my husband do the same! We are members, it’s a lovely place for a walk & a picnic and then we sometimes go to Cheshire oaks after for a meal!

We’ve been slagged off loads for it. I don’t think kids appreciate zoos personally!
I love Cheshire Oaks and I wish I could go in the play area cause it looks so much fun 🤣 🤣 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Random q... But do you think having children is a privilege or a right...?
I think it should be treated as a privilege.

Your job as a parent is to guide a human into adulthood. That needs to be taken seriously. No I don't think you have a right to bring another human into the world. You're able to or not but it should be treated as a privilege you should want or be willing to take on. Not just something that happens or something you deserve.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
For a few years now I've been going to a safari park (like Longleat) for my birthday with my Dad, and I've been told by numerous people that it's "weird" because it's "for kids" 🥴
😳 As a zoologist and animal lover, I'm very much offended by that! How ridiculous

Reactions: 10
Last time I went to the zoo with my niece and nephew, they just wanted their tablets the whole time!
Exactly this! The majority of the kids we see when we go to Chester zoo are whining that they are bored, they just don’t appreciate anything. I’m happy to see the animals asleep, but these kids want to see performing monkeys! I wish they did adults only days!

I love Cheshire Oaks and I wish I could go in the play area cause it looks so much fun 🤣 🤣 🤣
Me too! They had nothing like that when I was a kid! 🤣

Reactions: 4
She has two others as well, the eldest is eight and she and her husband have been in separate beds since the eldest one was born as she had them all in bed with her due to breastfeeding and her husband ended up in the spare room.
This might be an unpopular opinion as I know some men can be the worst. But I also have always had great male friends and I honestly feel sorry for men sometimes. I think they get a raw deal. By design women seem to flip a switch and become a different person when they have kids in every way possible. I see it with my own friends and it’s near impossible to maintain any relationship with them and definitely not how it was before. It’s like I don’t even know them, even after 30 years of friendship😔 So I can’t imagine what it’d be like to be married or in a relationship with them. As they are obsessed with their kids either in a positive way or a negative way that day. Like “oh love them so much” or “toddler xyz was so awful today, he’s being an asshole”. It’s their whole personality now. I have one friend who now only wears tops that consist of things like “boy mama” lol (wtf even is that???). This is also on her bio on social media…no mention of the husband. It’s like men just get pushed out overnight and they’re useless and redundant until they want another baby. I wouldn’t ever want to lose the bond/life I have with my husband but all my friends honestly don’t seem to care because they have their babies instead 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 11
This might be an unpopular opinion as I know some men can be the worst. But I also have always had great male friends and I honestly feel sorry for men sometimes. I think they get a raw deal. By design women seem to flip a switch and become a different person when they have kids in every way possible. I see it with my own friends and it’s near impossible to maintain any relationship with them and definitely not how it was before. It’s like I don’t even know them, even after 30 years of friendship😔 So I can’t imagine what it’d be like to be married or in a relationship with them. As they are obsessed with their kids either in a positive way or a negative way that day. Like “oh love them so much” or “toddler xyz was so awful today, he’s being an asshole”. It’s their whole personality now. I have one friend who now only wears tops that consist of things like “boy mama” lol (wtf even is that???). This is also on her bio on social media…no mention of the husband. It’s like men just get pushed out overnight and they’re useless and redundant until they want another baby. I wouldn’t ever want to lose the bond/life I have with my husband but all my friends honestly don’t seem to care because they have their babies instead 🤷‍♀️
More than once I’ve been asked what me and my husband talk about because we haven’t got children, which was very telling when the people asking had spent years/months complaining about the state of their relationships!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Yeah I see this so much. I’m sure they’re happy but as an outsider looking in it seems so sad. Men carry on having friends, hobbies and career growth while women make their entire persona their kids. I follow a famous DJ, all his videos are him doing really cool mixes in massive clubs. His wife meanwhile…..her pinned highlights are “miscarriage”, “baby journey”, then the profile is just bikini pics and advertising skincare i.e. the typical dumb bollocks that women shill on Instagram. The only female DJ I know of with kids is Annie Mac and she quit Radio 1 to spend more time with them!
Again I’m sure they’re happy but why do you never see men dropping everything they previously did and having Insta profiles like “dad to Layla-Skye and Alfie-Kayden” ❤/3 kids 2 dogs 🤪/husband 2k19 papa 2k21 ?

• Heart
Reactions: 12
There’s a very interesting thread on mumsnet at the moment. Op (no kids) is going on holiday with two sets of family who both have kids and wants to discuss how to split accommodation and is being told it’s expensive raising kids so to just pay more than her share and to be kind and to just pay a third because the five children are her nieces and nephews.

This is one reason some relationships (friends and family) can lessen when one party has children, they have high expectations of childfree/childless people.

For all we know OP is struggling and the other two parts of the family are millionaires but OP is supposed to ‘be kind’ because having children costs money.

• Wow
Reactions: 19
There’s a very interesting thread on mumsnet at the moment. Op (no kids) is going on holiday with two sets of family who both have kids and wants to discuss how to split accommodation and is being told it’s expensive raising kids so to just pay more than her share and to be kind and to just pay a third because the five children are her nieces and nephews.

This is one reason some relationships (friends and family) can lessen when one party has children, they have high expectations of childfree/childless people.

For all we know OP is struggling and the other two parts of the family are millionaires but OP is supposed to ‘be kind’ because having children costs money.
duck that, I wouldn't pay for someone else's kids. If I were going on holiday with them and told them they had to pay part of my cat's kennel stay, would they? Doubtful

• Heart
Reactions: 20
That outdoor play area totally ruins the outdoor seating at Mowgli!!😡 who wants gorgeous food with a side plate of screaming little twats!!

Reactions: 6

This is insane, OP didn't ask them to bring children into this world, why should they pay for them? If the parents can't afford the holiday without someone random paying their stay, they shouldn't be going on that holiday. (Or have a bunch of kids that they can't afford/don't want to spend money on in the first place.) Shocking request, I'd just refuse to go tbh.

Reactions: 13
Me and my husband do the same! We are members, it’s a lovely place for a walk & a picnic and then we sometimes go to Cheshire oaks after for a meal!

We’ve been slagged off loads for it. I don’t think kids appreciate zoos personally!
kids 100% don’t appreciate zoos. They only seem to enjoy the playgrounds that are there usually. I often see parents desperately pointing out the animals to bored children who I guess aren’t used to seeing animals just acting normal and not dancing around I guess.

I do love a zoo though, my only issue is that I can never really find people to go to zoos with, is it weird to go on your own?

There is a farm place near me which has banned adults going by themselves incase they are paedos
Hahaha well I guess this answers my question above

Reactions: 4

oh IV had that they wanted a massive villa but it would be split between the couples.. kids wernt counted. nearing the time a message came in saying X amount beds in bedrooms rest are pull out couches around the villa .. A decision was then made that kids got the real beds in bedrooms and adults would take whatever couc was free as we'd be up later.

a holiday to me isn't sleeping on a pull out I sent a message that as I'd be paying the same for 2 as they were for a family I wanted my room. I was given out to for been selfish.

so I kept my flights and booked a hotel and let them off. I didn't think I was asking much.. anyways holiday was better got a room with breakfast cheaper than been stuck with everyone

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
“Adults would take whatever couch was free”

what like a holiday to zante at 18? No thanks mate.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Right .. like every message I was the bad one for looking for 1 bed 😱🤣.. Anyways first and last holiday booked with families lesson learnt.

Reactions: 7
Years back, when me and my husband went to stay with certain family members it was often assumed that we'd sleep on the sofa/sofa cushions on the floor/airbeds etc while the people with kids got proper rooms and beds. I often felt like we were seen as not 'proper' grown ups so we'd be happy to make do.

With those family members we started booking our own hotels or B&Bs instead and gradually the visits have tailed off. Thankfully!

Reactions: 13
kids 100% don’t appreciate zoos. They only seem to enjoy the playgrounds that are there usually. I often see parents desperately pointing out the animals to bored children who I guess aren’t used to seeing animals just acting normal and not dancing around I guess.

I do love a zoo though, my only issue is that I can never really find people to go to zoos with, is it weird to go on your own?

Hahaha well I guess this answers my question above
I love zoos too! My favourite at the moment is Yorkshire Wildlife Park. I think you need a lot of patience with zoos as animals are boring 99% of the time and just sleep or sit there. But if you wait long enough, you see them do amazing things, which of course, the kids miss as they're too impatient to get to the playground.

A few years ago we went to the panda house at Edinburgh zoo. The pandas were being really shy and didn't come out for ages so most people (with kids) got fed up and left. We waited ages and eventually one came out and was climbing all over the equipment, stuffing its face with bamboo, being generally adorable🐼 kept hearing people moan that the pandas were rubbish 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.