Childfree by choice #6 Sleeping well at night, petition for childfree flights

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't hate kids but the ones who's parents let them run with plates of food at the all inclusive buffet deserve to be tripped over

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I do feel like manners have slipped and when people are having kids, they aren’t teaching them to be polite & respectful.

I remember I was on a bus a few years ago (thank god I can drive now) and I was eating a chocolate bar as I had low blood sugar (not diabetic, but I suffer with hypoglycaemia). This kid turned around and looked at me and then said to her mum “are you allowed to eat on the bus”. And the mum was like “not really no”.

she knew the kid was on about me! If that was my mum she would have gone mad at me for being rude!

• Wow
Reactions: 21
Soooo…

I take back what I said😂

went to the library. Traditionally a place that requires quiet still as far as I’m aware?

kids in there alone, I assume the parents are sat in the cafe next to it, logged into the computer playing YouTube videos out loud. Not just anyone old ones, the short tiktok style ones with the most annoying sounds 🥴

• Wow
Reactions: 13
I would never wish any harm on a kid but I openly admit I do not like children. The same with hamsters, I do not want one, do not like one but would never harm or wish harm on one.
Oh my god, I love hamsters! Totally hate kids though 🤢

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I don’t hate children either. I like to think I hold everyone at the same level of public courtesy. I hate the fact I can’t go anywhere without someone else’s child impacting my day or experience. No one should be running around or screaming in a restaurant or doing anything that ruins it for other people. No one should negatively impact anyone in their own house etc with noise. No one should have to endure disrupted flights and ruined holidays. I shouldn’t have to step over anyone lying in the middle of a shopping centre or the supermarket. The problem with children is the “do what you want, wherever you want” is tolerated and encouraged in many areas so it’s just the norm now. Businesses etc are too afraid to say anything. 😔 A family having a meal out wouldn’t appreciate me running around their table and screaming at the top of my lungs… so I’d just like that courtesy to be returned 😂
On the rare occasion one of us has done that the child has looked at us like we were deranged. 😂
My mum used to always ask where are the reins? as she had us lassooed with them when we were children. 😄

Reactions: 4
I would never wish any harm on a kid but I openly admit I do not like children. The same with hamsters, I do not want one, do not like one but would never harm or wish harm on one.
I agree! I've helped a child when needed, ie lost in a store. But I never want to have them and I'd rather not be around them.

Reactions: 2
I just got a new baby hamster at the weekend 🥰🥲 much more cute than a human baby 😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I don't dislike children but I resent how nearly every public attraction/historical location is transformed into a child-centric utopia.

For example, I am a history lover and enjoy visiting castles. I went to Warwick Castle a few years back and I might as well have just gone to kids kingdom as all the character of the castle had been reduced to an elaborate play area. Feel it just cheapens the experience and you lose the weight of the history of a place.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I don't dislike children but I resent how nearly every public attraction/historical location is transformed into a child-centric utopia.

For example, I am a history lover and enjoy visiting castles. I went to Warwick Castle a few years back and I might as well have just gone to kids kingdom as all the character of the castle had been reduced to an elaborate play area. Feel it just cheapens the experience and you lose the weight of the history of a place.
It’s hard to find anywhere that is for adults only unless you drink.

However - did the play area prevent the brats migrating to other areas? In this case, the facility may be a strategic idea, given not allowing children to the castle would no doubt be in breach of their u-man- rights 🤭

Reactions: 5
It’s hard to find anywhere that is for adults only unless you drink.

However - did the play area prevent the brats migrating to other areas? In this case, the facility may be a strategic idea, given not allowing children to the castle would no doubt be in breach of their u-man- rights 🤭
Even if you drink there are kids there, go on the childfree subreddit and search ‘brewery’ or ‘vineyard’, there’s loads of complaints that parents were letting their kids run riot at a wine tasting or a brewery. Actually search ‘dive bar’ on there as well and apparently people take their kids to them as well! When I was a kid I was taken to appropriate places that I would enjoy and was taught how to behave properly there or taken out of them!

• Sad
Reactions: 9
We went to the Jurassic world exhibition and it was great but it would have been better with adult only times. If more places did this I would go.

Reactions: 7

Exactly! Why is it so difficult for people to accept that some things just aren’t suitable for kids, instead of trying to, as you say, turn everything into a playground.

Reactions: 14
I’ve had to leave the Elle Darby / Elle Swift threads, as she’s pregnant and EVERYONE is just discussing their own pregnancies/children and being unable to get pregnant etc etc. Like make your own threads for that please 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 21

yeah and I also hate that I look like a weirdo for going there alone when it's basically now for kids.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I’ve had to leave the Elle Darby / Elle Swift threads, as she’s pregnant and EVERYONE is just discussing their own pregnancies/children and being unable to get pregnant etc etc. Like make your own threads for that please 🙄
SAME HERE!!!! It's SO tedious.

Not sure how to quote two posts at once, but I also agree about everywhere being made into a playground. We're also expected to give children the priority in these places. I want to look at something a child wants to? Tough luck, I should let them do it first. I want to do one of the experiments in the Science Museum? Ok, but only if Little Johnny has had his go first.

Reactions: 16
Yeah I had to stop following the Louise Thompson threads because everyone was piling onto her for “regretting her kid” and going on with their wanky stories about how they love their kid so much and could never imagine regretting them. Severe lack of empathy that you can’t imagine that anyone could feel differently to you! I feel sorry for people who regret their kids or really struggle with them - you can’t exactly throw them in the bin, you have to just get on with it even if you hate it.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Yeah I had to stop following the Louise Thompson threads because everyone was piling onto her for “regretting her kid” and going on with their wanky stories about how they love their kid so much and could never imagine regretting them. Severe lack of empathy that you can’t imagine that anyone could feel differently to you! I feel sorry for people who regret their kids or really struggle with them - you can’t exactly throw them in the bin, you have to just get on with it even if you hate it.
same. it’s also different with louise imo because she had such a traumatic birth experience and obviously has never really dealt with her feelings about that (and is understandably struggling to bond with the baby because of it) - i found the lack of empathy and how no one could understand why she wasn’t immediately bonded with “her little one” really unfair. and i’m not her biggest fan!

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.