Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

jimjamgem

On one of my recent trips to aldi for my weekly shop there was a wee girl who screamed the whole way round the shop. Her mum did handle the situation really well and I really felt for her as you could hear this wee girl across the whole supermarket. I honestly can’t imagine how I’d cope in such a situation, couldn’t wheel my trolley out fast enough once I’d paid!

Reactions: 5

malibu skies

VIP Member
I love when people ask me to get stuff on the shelves in shops for them 😆! I’m not even that tall (5”9) but it makes me feel like super woman 🤣
Same - it makes my day and I feel really good about myself 😂 I don’t need a child or hobbies, I have my height

• Haha

Anne1448

VIP Member
Ah yes, because that's what women fought decades over contraceptive rights for 🙄
It just baffles me when couples say they're "shocked" they got pregnant, but then reveal they weren't using contraception, cant be that much of a surprise then eh
Flashback to the pull out conversation in the previous thread 🤣

• Haha

mdizzl3

Are any of you only children? Do you guys think being an only child vs having siblings influenced your decision?
I was an only child until 10, then I had a younger brother. I HATED having a toddler sibling and I’m pretty sure that’s what cemented my childfree decision. Screaming and running around from 7am every morning when I wanted a lie in, weekends spent doing boring shit like zoos and walks, family “holidays” were awful because my parents always went for small self-catering houses where I had to share a room, so no lie-ins, and everything revolved around him. We hated each other, fought all the time and only started getting on once he turned 18. My teen years I wished I could be an only child again! Couldn’t wait to go to uni and lived in my own places ever since.

I was actually really excited for a sibling when my mum was pregnant but hated the reality. I didn’t enjoy having to look after him or walk him to school etc, just found him super spoilt and annoying and the whole time remember thinking “I wasn’t this much of a brat 10 years ago!”

• Heart

Norfolking Good

VIP Member
I find 7pm onwards or 7am seems to be a sweet spot for little to no kids and usually very quiet too. I love my evening shopping

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
When the babies born, come back and tell us about all the holidays you’re going on and how amazing you’re looking while living on maternity pay and saving up for all the childcare costs when youre back at work 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼
Erling you will have the genetics to make amazing babies. 😏 🔥 the world needs more of you!!!

• Haha

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
People can afford to stay home and look after their child like ‘in the 50s’ they just don’t like the lifestyle that gives them.
While I do agree on some ways, we would struggle to live like the 50s on one wage. We could just about cover our mortgage, council tax, electric and food let alone pay for a kid.
I do think some people live to an extreme but in todays age it is much harder for a mum to stay at home than it ever was.

Chandler Bing

VIP Member
I am very selective which relatives and friends I’ll go on holiday with/have to stay/stay with. I don’t mind a bit of babysitting or occasionally keeping an eye on the kids but some of them think the holiday is a holiday from their kids and expect everyone else to deal with them!
I won't go on holiday with anyone other than my husband and / or his parents. I will not stay over in anyone's house, and only people without children are welcome to stay over in my house. I'm not a sociable person anyway so rarely are these rules an issue.

givemethegossx

I remember once one Easter I had to work 12 days of the 14 over the Easter holidays cause those with kids wanted it off. 1 day off a week (and one of those days was the closed easter sunday!). The worst bit was that I was in college doing A-levels at the time which meant I had no time to study or relax. When I told my boss she said they needed cover cause it was Easter and the mother's wanted the time off with their kids.

Another time, I had worked christmas (Eve and Boxing day as closed Xmas day) so imo it was only fair that I had new year off. Nope. The people with kids got that off as well. So i did Xmas eve, boxing day and the new year's eve and new year's day Why should I not get to have fun over the holiday season cause I don't have kids?!
i don't know why I'm looking at this thread as i have a baby😂 but this used to happen at a job i had years ago i would always have to work over Christmas including Christmas day because everyone else had kids and i didn't and i will never get over how unfair that is, still pisses me off to this day.

apparently if you don't have children you can't enjoy Christmas!

cc_2013

VIP Member
At work today there was a woman with her 3 year old daughter who came in. She needed an X-ray and I had to ask the child 3 TIMES to come and stand outside for a minute while we take the X-ray. The first time, she just looked up at me and smirked and then went back to her iPad game 😡 The next 2 times I asked her, she just blatantly ignored me! Her mum then had to tell her and she reluctantly walked very slowly out of the room. I was raging! 😡😂

• Wow
  • Angry

Anne1448

VIP Member
tbf I am obsessed with Japanese transport videos. It's basically just silent videos of people travelling by train, bus or ferry. Occasionally I watch ones where they stay in those capsule hotels. They are so relaxing though in my defence
I love mundane Japanese vlogs.

They could be folding laundry, doing their groceries or just cooking and I'd watch it every single day.

pinkmug

VIP Member
An example of how kids can be utter brats...

My Mil started volunteering at her grandkid's school over lunches. The kids are 9 and 10. Well, when she was monitoring, she'd say hi to the grandkids and they would ignore her. Then one day the 9 year old wasn't being nice to another child so Mil corrected her. The grandchild snapped back and told her to go away. Mil said she went home and cried.

My husband said to her that volunteering at the kid's school makes for awkward dynamics although it was the kid's mother that suggested it.
Kids are weird and for them it's probably embarrassing to have granny at school but their behaviour is atrocious.

Mind you, the kid's mum has a strained relationship with Mil and talks shit about her in front of the kids so it wouldn't surprise me if her opinion influences them. Sil will use Mil for daycare but otherwise doesn't care much for her. A fine example of how people shouldn't rely on having kids to care for them.
Kids can be horrors indeed. Years ago, I stayed with a host family during a course; they had two kids, one was a teenager and apart from being a bit cheeky, he kept to himself but the young girl was shocking. They lived with their granny and anytime the girl was slightly criticised, it was hell to witness. One time the poor lady told her not to be rude because she was being unruly at the dinner table, the girl snapped at her, telling not to 'be bloody old'. She was at least 8, not so young that you can excuse some things. My Japanese flatmate and I just sat in silence, in visible shock. And girl's mother was just sitting there enjoying her boiled potatoes! If you don't teach your children what's acceptable and what's not, who will?

pinkmug

VIP Member
I'd rather get a pumpkin from the supermarket and save the 'field day' for an apple harvest fest or something to treat myself to some cider 😂 I don't remember pumpkin picking being a thing until the last few years, not sure if I was just living under a rock before then.

Evie10

I've never experienced "baby fever", but I wonder if those hormones are what cause parents to push aside all the realistic downsides of having kids, that then leads to them being a bit shocked when it's not all sunshine and roses? I don't know. I just look at parenthood logically and think it looks hard and awful, and can't imagine why anyone would willingly chose it 🤣

mdizzl3

I went to a bunch of house music festivals this summer and it dawned on me that half the reason I enjoy them so much (apart from the music obvs) is that there’s no kids and no dogs 😁 No high-pitched screaming/whining/yapping, just bass.