Childfree by choice #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel really fortunate that my parents and close family are OK with me not wanting kids. I think at first my mum struggled with it but I think she knows I'm not the right kind of person to be a mother!

Reactions: 9

The comments made me chuckle. Dale can F off 🤣
“She said no” 😂

I don’t give a duck if I am lonely and bored when I’m elderly, at least I’ll have an amazing life and not a life filled with stress and worry! Yes the later years might be more difficult, but I’ll enjoy it knowing I enjoyed my life!

and anyway, sheltered accommodation does exist!

Reactions: 12
Had an interesting experience last night with a cab driver in the states (Boston) driving me to the airport
He asked if I had a family and I said yes my husband
Shocked he asked if I had children (cheeky duck) and I said no I don’t want them
He told me…
I am selfish
Why would I deny my husband children
When we procreate it’s to have children so how do we stop this 😅
That I will be lonely and regret it
And back to being selfish

hole

• Wow
  • Angry
Had an interesting experience last night with a cab driver in the states (Boston) driving me to the airport
Shocked he asked if I had children (cheeky duck) and I said no I don’t want them
He told me…
I am selfish

hole
What a bleeping dick. Hope you didn’t tip him

Reactions: 7
All the dull girls from my dull hometown seem to be participating in some Instagram challenge called Spread Baby Fever! Post a Picture of Your Baby as a Newborn! Unfollow, unfollow, unfollow.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
He told me…
I am selfish

hole
The brass neck on him!!! Does he have sex purely to impregnate someone?!

The only response to someone like this is something along the lines of "what a rude comment; what made you think that was an appropriate thing to say?"

Reactions: 2
Sometimes when folk ask me if i have children I start talking about my cat. There’s rarely any follow up questions (unless they’re a cat lover ofc) 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Went to the local light switch on tonight. So grateful to be child free and not having to stand in the rain listening to my kid and 20 others sing out of tune to Christmas songs or doing some "dance" routine.

One of my greatest hates in life is children singing

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Went to the local light switch on tonight. So grateful to be child free and not having to stand in the rain listening to my kid and 20 others sing out of tune to Christmas songs or doing some "dance" routine.

One of my greatest hates in life is children singing
YAY! Children singing causes me actual internal pain. I cannot deal with it at all 😭🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
When I was younger I just assumed I would at some point. Never had the overwhelming urge like some people do.

After I hit 40 I assume I don't have the option anymore which I don't like (no-one likes having an option taken away from them!) but in conversations today talking about the logistics of children and family dynamics I really felt relieved as this would have been very stressful. If I had to think about sleep patterns, nutrition, their interaction with peers etc I think my braincells would get overloaded.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
When I was younger I just assumed I would at some point. Never had the overwhelming urge like some people do.

After I hit 40 I assume I don't have the option anymore which I don't like (no-one likes having an option taken away from them!) but in conversations today talking about the logistics of children and family dynamics I really felt relieved as this would have been very stressful. If I had to think about sleep patterns, nutrition, their interaction with peers etc I think my braincells would get overloaded.
I never thought I would. I'm close to 40 now but also on medication that I'm not allowed to fall pregnant on, when I first went on it 18 months ago I was like "woah" but then relief set in. Even if I was to accidentally fall pregnant, I would have to terminate and I'm ok with that. I've never felt the desire. Kids scare me and repulse me at the same time. Like everything about pregnancy and then actual children repulse me!

He told me…
I am selfish

hole
I would have made him stop and get out of the cab!

Also the "denying my husband children" thing? You know i actually love my husband and love spending time with him. I don't want to share him with crappy, snot nosed kids! Nor do I want him to have to share me with them!

• Haha
What bugs me is how parents think they've more entitlements for time off over Christmas, Easter, Halloween. The amount of times I've heard 'sure they've no kids, they can work over Christmas'

Really grinds my gears. Is my time off less important that yours? Sorry if this was already discussed, I just found this thread tonight

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Oh my gosh the cab driver conversation brought back a vivid memory, I was working abroad (20s) (I mean I was in my twenties not 1920s) when I got stopped by a Filipino lady on the street who asked if she could move in with me and take care of my children as a nanny.

I was a bit startled and said "what children?" She must have been desperate but there wasn't much I could do, me and ex wouldn't want anyone moving in with us and there were no children! I gave her a small amount of money and then had tremendous guilt for not being able to offer her employment. We didn't even have a cat at the time.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.