Childfree by choice #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We went around to see my mother in law the other day and she suddenly turned on Mr Norfolk and myself out of nowhere demanding another grandchild! She currently has 7 with his other siblings have 2-3 each and wanted to know when we would be having a baby to join the club. We both laughed as it came out of the blue and then she went mental at us apparently laughing at her. We weren’t it was more an embarrassed laugh but what is it with old people! No filter once they get to 80 haha

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
It sounds awful but I didn't feel happy for my friends when they told me they were pregnant 🤷‍♀️ I know I'm supposed to be happy for them but all I could think of was the impending death of the friendship 😭. This is probably the only place I can admit it!

My bestfriend got pregnant and even tho I really am happy for her because I know she really wanted it, I KNOW things will be a lot different even if she says nothing will change. It simply isn't true. I'm an only child and she's a sister I never had and it's just sad because no matter what it really is an end of an era.

And this is the first time admitting it but we both got married this year and we were each others MOH, she got married 6 weeks before me and got pregnant straight after her wedding, so she was already pregnant at mine. She couldn't drink or party and went home pretty early. And I know it's kinda petty of me but I don't get why she couldn't wait one month, even if she didn't expect it to happen so soon. We were together through so much and talked about it so much and it's just a shame.

Anyway, I'm happy for her but sad for me, haha.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
View attachment 1732242
some of the tit people say baffles me!

It really annoys me when people who can’t have children get offended. I’ve never tried to get pregnant, so how do I even know if I can have kids?
Thats like someone whos diabetic getting shady because someone who isnt diabetic chooses not to eat sugar 🙄 reall dont know whats hard to understand about BODY AUTONOMY. Just because you can doesnt mean you want to.

Reactions: 10
View attachment 1732242
some of the tit people say baffles me!

It really annoys me when people who can’t have children get offended. I’ve never tried to get pregnant, so how do I even know if I can have kids?
“kids would look so good on you” - they’re not a handbag mate.

also agreed on people who cannot have children being annoyed. i get that they probably have a complicated relationship with people who are happily childfree and i have empathy with that but, come on. it’s main character syndrome in the extreme, people cannot live their lives constantly in consideration of you, the centre of the universe.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Wtf! Why is it my problem if someone who can’t have kids is ‘offended’ that I don’t want them 😂 cope or die mad about it

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Wtf! Why is it my problem if someone who can’t have kids is ‘offended’ that I don’t want them 😂 cope or die mad about it
It’s ridiculous - I’m 5”1 so could never be a professional basketball player/top model. Am I meant to be offended if someone 6”2 gets scouted for a model agency or basketball team and says no? Or if my husband died but someone chose to divorce theirs? It’s no-one’s bleeping business what choices you make!

Reactions: 14
Thats like someone whos diabetic getting shady because someone who isnt diabetic chooses not to eat sugar 🙄 reall dont know whats hard to understand about BODY AUTONOMY. Just because you can doesnt mean you want to.
Exactly! I’m gluten free because I have coeliac disease and it doesn’t bother me if people choose to not eat gluten by choice alone. The more people that avoid it, the less alone I feel! 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 7
The being offended over someone not having kids cause you can't definitely gives me 'I am on a diet so you can't eat the cake' vibes. Sod off I want cake!

Reactions: 15
have kids is ‘offended’ that I don’t want them 😂 cope or die mad about it
This is my mindset too.

You're mad about my trips, expensive clothes and nice meals at the restaurants?

Well, stay mad because I'm on my way to another holiday in the sun 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
It’s ridiculous - I’m 5”1 so could never be a professional basketball player/top model. Am I meant to be offended if someone 6”2 gets scouted for a model agency or basketball team and says no? Or if my husband died but someone chose to divorce theirs? It’s no-one’s bleeping business what choices you make!
exactly.

like i get mad when andrew garfield parades himself around, knowing that we will never be together. is that his problem?! nope!

this tweet continues to always be relevant:

E94F1E41-0279-4A9D-8831-51718E27E4C7.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
This is my mindset too.

You're mad about my trips, expensive clothes and nice meals at the restaurants?

Well, stay mad because I'm on my way to another holiday in the sun 🤣
Yep, for “offended” just read “jealous”!!!

Reactions: 3
And I'm offended that some people who shouldn't even be allowed to care for a plastic house plant are becoming parents but you don't see me attacking them about it 🙄

• Sad
Reactions: 13
So glad I've found this thread! 34, in a long term relationships with 2 cats and no plans for children.

Feeling absolutely terrible today, coming out of a particularly nasty bout of flu and can't imagine feeling like this and having to be responsible for looking after a little person, and maybe even a little person who also feels this crap!

• Heart
So glad I've found this thread! 34, in a long term relationships with 2 cats and no plans for children.

Feeling absolutely terrible today, coming out of a particularly nasty bout of flu and can't imagine feeling like this and having to be responsible for looking after a little person, and maybe even a little person who also feels this crap!
My sister told me the most horrendous story, my niece came into their bedroom at 4am some years ago saying she didn’t feel well, then proceeded to projectile from both ends. I simply thought “duck that”. Imagine dealing with that when you’re feeling 100% let alone when you’re also feeling shite

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
My sister told me the most horrendous story, my niece came into their bedroom at 4am some years ago saying she didn’t feel well, then proceeded to projectile from both ends. I simply thought “duck that”. Imagine dealing with that when you’re feeling 100% let alone when you’re also feeling shite
For me it’s when i see stories of kids doing stupid tit.
Imagine sitting in a&e cause your kid decided to stick something up his nose for the second time. No

Reactions: 6
Someone I know just announced their second pregnancy. I am baffled. Even if I wanted kids, I wouldn't be having them due to the rising cost of living... We bring in a very high income and I'm still worried about just the two of us.

For me it’s when i see stories of kids doing stupid tit.
Imagine sitting in a&e cause your kid decided to stick something up his nose for the second time. No
I read a post on Mumsnet where the poster said her toddler son smelt 'odd', sort of musty and something off... He wasn't old enough to talk properly (so questioning him would have got her nowhere) and it'd been a few days, she couldn't figure it out. A lot of posters told her to check his nose. Sure enough, there was a week-old pea wedged up there that needed removing in A&E!

• Sick
  • Wow
I genuinely (and I don't use this word loosely) understand how people can afford them. The husband and I have what you'd call professional jobs yet we absolutely would not have enough money to clothe and feed a baby right now. Yet there's people I know who are the same age with jobs like working in a shop who have three kids. We don't live beyond our means or live like the Beckhams so I don't get it! Saying that, one of my colleagues has had a baby recently and she was saying how much she is struggling with mat pay.

• Heart
I have an okay paying job & my husband has a really well paid job. Together we are financially comfortable and I wouldn’t want to give this up.

We have our lifestyle now and I wouldn’t want to change it. We can afford various different holidays and we book these without thinking, we have two takeaways a week, breakfast out every weekend, trips out whenever we feel and if we want something, we buy it.

Growing up I wasn’t well off at all and actually lived on the edge of poverty most of the time and I’d hate to go back to that or have kids and put them through that.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.