Childfree by choice #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hell I've only got a hamster and even he had an impact on my life as I need to get him looked after when I go away (and people aren't as willing to look after rodents as they are dogs and cats šŸ¤£) No way could I cope with anything bigger and more complicated demanding my time!

I was viewing a house last week and the seller asked if we had kids, we said hell no! A while later she said "if you do have kids, the house is in the catchment area for the best primary school in the area" I mean, I should probably be flattered that she thinks I'm still young enough to consider having kids but at 40 I'm definitely not starting now!
Hahaha I feel this!

I have a pet cockatiel and she has to stay with my mum if we go away for longer than a weekend! If we go away for 1 or 2 nights, my partners brothers will pop round to change her food and let her out for a fly one day and my mum will the next day šŸ˜‚ I have a morning routine where I boil the kettle and let her water cool so it's sterilised, cook her some veg and tidy her cage. This is enough of a commitment for me! šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I donā€™t know if Iā€™m allowed to share the account but thereā€™s someone on TikTok who keeps coming up on my FYP and all their videos are about what itā€™s like being a mum - a video on them contemplating what to feed their child for lunch because she already had toast this morning, but she wonā€™t eat this, but is there enough veg in that etc. if I wasnā€™t already convinced as to whether or not to have children, this woman would do it for me because everyone I see her videos I think ā€˜duck your life is boringā€™.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I keep seeing about that child on the Ryanair flight that didnā€™t get the window seat he was meant toā€¦ since when does stuff like this need to be in the news? And people are calling the woman who wouldnā€™t move selfish? Why should she have to move for a child, what happened to respect your elders šŸ˜‚ do people not teach kids to be disappointed anymore?

Reactions: 17
I donā€™t know if Iā€™m allowed to share the account but thereā€™s someone on TikTok who keeps coming up on my FYP and all their videos are about what itā€™s like being a mum - a video on them contemplating what to feed their child for lunch because she already had toast this morning, but she wonā€™t eat this, but is there enough veg in that etc. if I wasnā€™t already convinced as to whether or not to have children, this woman would do it for me because everyone I see her videos I think ā€˜duck your life is boringā€™.
I saw that video yesterday šŸ¤£

I know it's meant to be her internal monologue or conversations with the dad or whatever. But i watch them and think who the duck is finding this entertaining?! It just sounds so boring and monotonous. If I was a parent and that's my everyday life I wouldn't then want to watch someone else thinking the same tit out loud

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I saw that video yesterday šŸ¤£

I know it's meant to be her internal monologue or conversations with the dad or whatever. But i watch them and think who the duck is finding this entertaining?! It just sounds so boring and monotonous. If I was a parent and that's my everyday life I wouldn't then want to watch someone else thinking the same tit out loud
I love that you know exactly what video Iā€™m talking about šŸ˜‚

Iā€™m not saying that my own internal monologues are any more interesting but Iā€™m not putting them out there for the world to see. Imagine that being your life, day in and day out

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I love that you know exactly what video Iā€™m talking about šŸ˜‚

Iā€™m not saying that my own internal monologues are any more interesting but Iā€™m not putting them out there for the world to see. Imagine that being your life, day in and day out
people eat that tit up though! Family vloggers are so popular yet mostly what they do is the most mundane things. Get the kids up, make breakfast, take them to school, go to Target, go home, take the kids to activities, end the vlog by yawning and saying how tired they are. These people get millions of views!

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I was going to judge them but then I remembered the thing I enjoy the most on Youtube is watching random Japanese ladies go about their day in their no-talking videos šŸ˜‚ Apparently there is no limit to how many Japanese grocery shopping trips I can be interested in. šŸ˜¬

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I keep seeing about that child on the Ryanair flight that didnā€™t get the window seat he was meant toā€¦ since when does stuff like this need to be in the news? And people are calling the woman who wouldnā€™t move selfish? Why should she have to move for a child, what happened to respect your elders šŸ˜‚ do people not teach kids to be disappointed anymore?
We now seem to live in a society where children are placed on pedestals and seen to be the most amazing thing ever, who deserve whatever they want. The seat had been double booked, the woman was sat there first, the kid had a seat so got on his holiday, and Iā€™m sorry but I wouldnā€™t move my seat to accommodate some brat who wants a window seat (and can guarantee heā€™d have spent the whole flight playing on an iPad or phone and not even enjoying the views)
Children need to learn that the world is an unfair place, we donā€™t always gets what we want and parents need to learn to say ā€noā€ to them

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I was going to judge them but then I remembered the thing I enjoy the most on Youtube is watching random Japanese ladies go about their day in their no-talking videos šŸ˜‚ Apparently there is no limit to how many Japanese grocery shopping trips I can be interested in. šŸ˜¬
tbf I am obsessed with Japanese transport videos. It's basically just silent videos of people travelling by train, bus or ferry. Occasionally I watch ones where they stay in those capsule hotels. They are so relaxing though in my defence

Reactions: 3
We now seem to live in a society where children are placed on pedestals and seen to be the most amazing thing ever, who deserve whatever they want. The seat had been double booked, the woman was sat there first, the kid had a seat so got on his holiday, and Iā€™m sorry but I wouldnā€™t move my seat to accommodate some brat who wants a window seat (and can guarantee heā€™d have spent the whole flight playing on an iPad or phone and not even enjoying the views)
Children need to learn that the world is an unfair place, we donā€™t always gets what we want and parents need to learn to say ā€noā€ to them
Totally agree. I was always brought up to fit in around the adults and not the other way around. I was always taught that the world doesnā€™t revolve around me and that life isnā€™t fair, itā€™s just the way it is.

I think itā€™s sad so many kids now are being brought up having everything revolve around them, theyā€™re never going to be happy as adults or theyā€™ll end up extremely selfish.

Reactions: 16
People rightfully pointed out that perhaps the woman had specific reasons for booking the window seat too but somehow none of those mattered in the face of a child wanting it.

We are on holiday atm in a beautiful adults only resort and it is equal parts blissful and great fun. Adults of all ages (literally from 20s to people in their 60s) all having great time in the pool where there are zero kids games and again the evening with no kids club shows.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
People rightfully pointed out that perhaps the woman had specific reasons for booking the window seat too but somehow none of those mattered in the face of a child wanting it.

We are on holiday atm in a beautiful adults only resort and it is equal parts blissful and great fun. Adults of all ages (literally from 20s to people in their 60s) all having great time in the pool where there are zero kids games and again the evening with no kids club shows.
I went on an adults only holiday earlier this year and it was amazing. No screaming and splashing around the pool!

Reactions: 5
It really irks me that the issue about changing seats on planes (especially when kids are involved) is now a newsworthy thing and the person who refuses to swap is somehow cast as a pantomime villain. When I was a solo traveller, the question I dreaded the most was, "Excuse me, are you travelling alone?" I used to tell them 'No,' to confuse them and put my headphones on :cool:

Last time, my husband was asked to swap out of a seat next to me because the dad hadn't thought to pre-book his seats with his family together (on an airline where choosing seats for that section is available, well in advance). Not our problem.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I went on an adults only holiday earlier this year and it was amazing. No screaming and splashing around the pool!

It sounds blissful šŸ˜. What hotels did you go to if you dont mind me asking? I'm struggling to find many adult only hotels on tui lately, especially 5*.

We went to the theatre last night and the tickets cost us over Ā£200. Had the most annoying experience, there was a little boy who just would not shut up - narrating the whole thing or loudly saying stuff like 'Mummy, is X really dead?' 'Don't worry Mummy, Y is coming back' just a constant stream of consciousness really loudly. Also, and I feel like a real dick for saying this, but there was a child with some kind of special needs I think who kept loudly whooping or shrieking and it was so disruptive. I really wish theatres would do adult only performances, I find it so odd that growing up if you went to the cinema and kept talking then someone would come over and tell you to shut up but the only time the staff bother you during a performance at the theatre is if you get your phone out :unsure:

Reactions: 14
We went to the theatre last night and the tickets cost us over Ā£200. Had the most annoying experience, there was a little boy who just would not shut up - narrating the whole thing or loudly saying stuff like 'Mummy, is X really dead?' 'Don't worry Mummy, Y is coming back' just a constant stream of consciousness really loudly. Also, and I feel like a real dick for saying this, but there was a child with some kind of special needs I think who kept loudly whooping or shrieking and it was so disruptive. I really wish theatres would do adult only performances, I find it so odd that growing up if you went to the cinema and kept talking then someone would come over and tell you to shut up but the only time the staff bother you during a performance at the theatre is if you get your phone out :unsure:
I dont think this is acceptable. Even shows that Ive booked that are 'child focused' or 'child friendly' have an age recommendation on it usually 6 at the youngest but I have seen older ages too.

Who the hell wants to pay a fortune for theatre tickets to be distracted the whole time. I cant see the logic in it at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I went to the cinema once, I can't remember what it was I went to see but it wasn't a kids film. In the row in front of us was a group of kids aged between 5-10 years old and no adult. From what I could gather there was an adult with them but she was sitting on the other side of the cinema and kept getting up and going out for long periods. Anyway these kids had every type of snack you could think of, nachos, slushies, sweets, ice cream and they hardly touched any of it, there was more on the floor than had actually been eaten. They spent most of the film getting up, running around to change seats and going to the toilet then left about 20 mins before the end. The film wasn't really appealing or appropriate for such young kids so I've no idea why they were there and why the adult wasn't supervising them. I got the impression that they were moving between screens and had spent most of the day there!

Needless to say it ruined our trip to the cinema and probably that of the rest of the people in the theatre as well.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
tbf I am obsessed with Japanese transport videos. It's basically just silent videos of people travelling by train, bus or ferry. Occasionally I watch ones where they stay in those capsule hotels. They are so relaxing though in my defence
I love mundane Japanese vlogs.

They could be folding laundry, doing their groceries or just cooking and I'd watch it every single day.

Yes, love them too! It's the same thing in every video but so calming haha I watch them before bed.

Reactions: 1
Last time, my husband was asked to swap out of a seat next to me because the dad hadn't thought to pre-book his seats with his family together (on an airline where choosing seats for that section is available, well in advance). Not our problem.
I bet he (the dad) had thought, he just didn't want to pay. (That or he's one of those men who expects everything done for them.)

I went to the cinema once, I can't remember what it was I went to see but it wasn't a kids film. In the row in front of us was a group of kids aged between 5-10 years old and no adult. From what I could gather there was an adult with them but she was sitting on the other side of the cinema and kept getting up and going out for long periods. Anyway these kids had every type of snack you could think of, nachos, slushies, sweets, ice cream and they hardly touched any of it, there was more on the floor than had actually been eaten. They spent most of the film getting up, running around to change seats and going to the toilet then left about 20 mins before the end. The film wasn't really appealing or appropriate for such young kids so I've no idea why they were there and why the adult wasn't supervising them. I got the impression that they were moving between screens and had spent most of the day there!

Needless to say it ruined our trip to the cinema and probably that of the rest of the people in the theatre as well.

I'd have complained at the front desk. Next time!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.