Childfree by choice #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If I see another effing pumpkin patch on Facebook or Instagram....

Reactions: 16
That is actually a pisstake. I used to spend my half terms either with the childminder, at holiday camp/visiting family, reading books from the library, playing Runescape or hanging out in Topshop. Parenting these days is bonkers, no wonder they’re all so miserable!

Reactions: 2
The fear is real when your friend sends a photo/video/second-by-second account of their child’s morning, but you’re the last one in the group to read the message and have to think of a creative reply. There’s only so many ways to type “Aww that’s so cute!”

Reactions: 6
Basically a box full of extra gifts given the day before....tonnes of presents. Usually have pj's/film/food etc (not a thing we had growing up AT ALL)

My own Xmas eve box to myself is a takeaway and a bottle of wine
Mine is a bottle of Bailey's

Reactions: 3
Use emojis or gifs!

Just do a reaction to a couple of the photos. I find a thumbs up is appropriate

Reactions: 7
he will be a part of your life? not you will be a part of his life? oh boy. I like peace calm and quiet pregnancy is one thing but I can't imagine a screaming gremlin demanding I be it's personal slave 24/7, pregnancy would not change that.

Reactions: 10
As a kid I always got new pj's on Christmas eve which was nice. My husband and I do the same now .
As for Halloween, I CBA. Here in Canada it is a big deal. I bought a box of candy this year and started eating it so i guess I am not giving it out!! We didn't do Halloween candy give out during the covid years and it was bliss .

I never answer the door to trick or treaters. We have a living room in the back of the house. So while the front is all in darkness, we are in the back watching films and eating while kids just walk past! Cba answering the door, I’d rather have the sweets!

Reactions: 12
We usually always go out to the pub for a meal and drinks on Halloween, it wasn't something I grew up with so I really don't understand it and really can't be arsed with beggy kids.

It's a Monday this year so we'll stay in but will take the batteries out the doorbell and watch a film in bed and tuck into the Celebrations I've tried to save for Christmas

Or if they send a video of 3 min long I always just fast forward to the end and hope I’ve not missed the point of it .

Our house is the same, it's great! I hate Halloween with a passion, so I don't answer the door. I still buy the sweets though is it me or is the build up to Halloween getting like the build up to Christmas?

Our house is the same, it's great! I hate Halloween with a passion, so I don't answer the door. I still buy the sweets though is it me or is the build up to Halloween getting like the build up to Christmas?
definitely is and I believe for commercial reasons. I've seen Halloween become more popular in European countries where it didn't use to be a thing as well

I love how Halloween is huge now.

Parents were so scared of children being assaulted, kidnapped or worse that they never allowed us to do it where I lived.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.