Childfree by Choice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have a wonderful day all, however you choose to celebrate! We will be having a blissfully quiet day with all the fizz & food!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
One of my friends has recently had a baby. It’s hell. Every day I’m sent 5+ photos of the baby in different outfits, laughing, awake, asleep. Updates on what they’re doing etc. When I go around she’s now the only topic of conversation. I had to listen to the birth story (over an hour long) on three different occasions. I’m happy for my friend obviously but bleeping hell does having a kid make you immune to any other conversational topics?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
A nice little thing …
My in-laws never mention our decision not to have children which I appreciate. Tonight my husband sent me a video clip of his mum studying photos of our pet rabbits, alpacas and cats, and writing down their names and distinguishing features in her notebook so she remembers who is who 😊 … I love that she sees the animals like grandkids and accepts our life as it is. She has two real grandchildren too but I think secretly she knows alpacas are far superior to children 😂😂😂
Okay this is so wholesome

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
It annoys me so much when I see a nice top or outfit in a shop, then I realise they also sell them in child sizes so mums and daughters can twin 🙄 I don't want to inadvertently wear the same outfit as a small child 🤣
There is this former Bachelor (US) contestant who constantly twins with her daughter. Every single time she posts a picture with her toddler, they're both wearing the exact same outfit. It's really creepy in my opinion.

On a different note, I spent all day watching movies / comedy shows and I can't even begin to imagine having to mind kids on a day off. It pretty much equals to a full day of work.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
So I survived Christmas day at my sisters with my nephew and to be fair my fears were unfounded, he was pretty well behaved considering he's been up since 4.30 😱 just after we left, he puked up all over the living room floor though so we timed that nicely 🤣 now I'm laid in the bath watching strictly while my sis is cleaning up sick and dealing with an overtired 3 at old while being 4 months pregnant. I know which I prefer!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Unexpectedly turned into an adults only Christmas at ours this year (with the exception of 2 almost-adult teens). Not as lively as usual but so nice to put our feet up and nap/slob around/get tipsy guilt free instead of entertaining kids or them running around screaming and making a mess!

Ours is always an adult only Christmas as neither my fiancé or me have children in our immediate families! We have no nephews or nieces! And we actually love it. I get no excitement out of seeing kids open presents! 😂

I’ve seen a few Instagrammers posting today about how their children reacted to their presents and some of them are such brats!

Reactions: 7
Omg like the teens with us today are angels but every year online I see those compiled posts from bratty kids upset about their amazing gifts and it's ridiculous! Whinging about getting a black iPhone instead of white or the wrong car. I'll skip the kids and treat myself to nice things instead thanks :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
My husband and I are newlyweds and we had the mandatory 'When are you going to have kids?' question yesterday. Funny thing is, when I replied that we weren't, all I got back was 'Aww well never say never.' Why can't people accept my first answer without implying that I'll change my mind? 🙄 urgh!

Anyway it's Christmas so I'm going to stop moaning, have an early night and spend the next 7 days doing exactly what I want 😇 Happy Christmas all! xx

• Heart
Reactions: 14
My husband and I are newlyweds and we had the mandatory 'When are you going to have kids?' question yesterday. Funny thing is, when I replied that we weren't, all I got back was 'Aww well never say never.' Why can't people accept my first answer without implying that I'll change my mind? 🙄 urgh!

Anyway it's Christmas so I'm going to stop moaning, have an early night and spend the next 7 days doing exactly what I want 😇 Happy Christmas all! xx
Everyone always says “never say never” to me and it really irritates me… why do people think having kids is the be all and end all of life? I just want to enjoy my life with as little stresses as possible…

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Everyone always says “never say never” to me and it really irritates me… why do people think having kids is the be all and end all of life? I just want to enjoy my life with as little stresses as possible…
I wonder how old you have to be before these kinds of questions and comments stop? I'm rapidly approaching 40 so hoping only a couple more years?!

Reactions: 8
What a lovely Christmas. Slept in until 1pm each day, ate and drank like a horse and did whatever I wanted. No toys, no mess, no stupid elves, no screaming brats. Bliss.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I don't want kids. Never did, never will. My partner doesn't either. I'm 35

It's hard to boil it down to a single reason why not, when I feel no maternal instinct. Here's some reasons though why I don't find it appealing, in no particular order:

1. Takes too much time and energy for something I've no interest in. I enjoy travel in particular (the adventurous type) and kids would throw that out of the window. Feel I would have zero freedom. Even going to the supermarket becomes a chore.
2. I have mild mental health issues and would be concerned a child would not be sensible to add to the mix...it took me a long time to be happy and to be able to relax and don't want to disrupt that.
3. I don't enjoy being around children. Find it boring. Prefer adults or animals.
4. Scared of childbirth and feel uncomfortable about physical aspects.

I find it hard to relate to a lot of women my age as childrearing takes over their lives, understandably. However most of my friends are mostly male anyway. I never had many female friends.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I don't want kids. Never did, never will. My partner doesn't either. I'm 35

It's hard to boil it down to a single reason why not, when I feel no maternal instinct. Here's some reasons though why I don't find it appealing, in no particular order:

1. Takes too much time and energy for something I've no interest in. I enjoy travel in particular (the adventurous type) and kids would throw that out of the window. Feel I would have zero freedom. Even going to the supermarket becomes a chore.
2. I have mild mental health issues and would be concerned a child would not be sensible to add to the mix...it took me a long time to be happy and to be able to relax and don't want to disrupt that.
3. I don't enjoy being around children. Find it boring. Prefer adults or animals.
4. Scared of childbirth and feel uncomfortable about physical aspects.

I find it hard to relate to a lot of women my age as childrearing takes over their lives, understandably. However most of my friends are mostly male anyway. I never had many female friends.
The boring part resonates with me. I find children boring (younger ones especially). I cant imagine spending each day trudging to the park watching them play, forcing conversations with other parents etc. Then having to play with them constantly to keep their minds active because you feel guilty about putting them in front of a screen. The daily life of parenting seems incredibly dull. And I live a dull life already but it’s stress free.

Reactions: 14
Merry Christmas ladies, hoping you have all had a wonderful boxing day. I love this thread, relate so much to what you all said. Especially about making friends with other women. I feel like women my age who are mum's just avoid me, or I try talking to them and they have absolutely nothing to talk about that isn't either their husbands or their sprogs. It can be lonely sometimes, but I've never regretted my choices for a second! 🍸

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Merry Christmas ladies, hoping you have all had a wonderful boxing day. I love this thread, relate so much to what you all said. Especially about making friends with other women. I feel like women my age who are mum's just avoid me, or I try talking to them and they have absolutely nothing to talk about that isn't either their husbands or their sprogs. It can be lonely sometimes, but I've never regretted my choices for a second! 🍸
Yeah I just can't relate to the kid conversations, I try my best but just get lost after a while

Reactions: 6
This is how I feel. I feel as though a lot of people think you’re an alien because you don’t want children. I’ve lost a lot of friends over the years due to it.

My (adult but disabled) only child went to the other parents for BD. You know what I did? slept, ate chocolate, and watched old films before drinking wine and having an early-ish night. Bliss. As much as people keep saying ‘you’re not too old to have a other’ - no bleeping thank you very much

Reactions: 4
I dont want children, dont really want a man either, just a dog 🐶 😅
Very sensible. They lie about the pain and damage women can experience during and after childbirth. Children cost a bomb and often bugger off when they grow up. A dog will love you for ever.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.