Childfree by Choice #12 I care about my life, not my death.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would doxx myself if I did but mine are the most gorgeous three tuxedo cats. They’re mad. But so so affectionate.
I have two tuxedo cats, they're siblings and watching their bond as they grow has been the cutest thing 😭 agree they're so affectionate, to people and each other, they're always cuddling and grooming eachother 🥰 someone dumped them in a box when they were only a few weeks old, they're living the life of larry now they are so spoilt haha

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I have dogs instead of cats as my other half is deathly allergic! But I love cats.

On the childfree note, I was *trying* to leave Tesco earlier and the woman in front of me was pushing her trolley, her daughter was holding the front and walking backwards 🫠 like wtf get out of my way and stop dicking about!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
On the pets front… something that really gets me (and upsets me) is when people have kids and then ignore their pets or treat them differently in a negative way. As if the pet no longer means anything or means as much, because they have a kid now. I’ve seen it time and time again and as an animal lover it seriously breaks my heart every single time. And of course I’ve received the “you wouldn’t get it unless you have kids” response before if I’ve ever even slightly raised the topic. The issue isn’t that I haven't got kids the issue is that I have empathy for animals, something that seems to be removed from the get go for many parents

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
On the pets front… something that really gets me (and upsets me) is when people have kids and then ignore their pets or treat them differently in a negative way. As if the pet no longer means anything or means as much, because they have a kid now. I’ve seen it time and time again and as an animal lover it seriously breaks my heart every single time. And of course I’ve received the “you wouldn’t get it unless you have kids” response before if I’ve ever even slightly raised the topic. The issue isn’t that I haven't got kids the issue is that I have empathy for animals, something that seems to be removed from the get go for many parents

That’s how we ended up with our eldest cat. His owners had a baby and weren’t giving him attention. To be fair he kept running away from the baby so he had the right idea!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
That’s how we ended up with our eldest cat. His owners had a baby and weren’t giving him attention. To be fair he kept running away from the baby so he had the right idea!
Sounds like he landed on all four paws 🐾 ending up with you instead 🩷

Reactions: 6
Yeah it sucks because tbh all it takes it treating the pet as before and teaching the child the pet is part of the family. Plenty people manage to do that and it's great so no excuse imo

Reactions: 10
Yeah I'm around my friend's who has a small baby a lot and the cat who used to get picked up and cuddled just goes 'Meow, meow' in the corner and nobody even looks :cry:

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 24
Yeah I'm around my friend's who has a small baby a lot and the cat who used to get picked up and cuddled just goes 'Meow, meow' in the corner and nobody even looks :cry:
Oh no don’t this absolutely kills me 😩💔

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I have two grown up children, born in the 90’s, but I think if I were of childbearing age today I probably wouldn’t think about having any due to the messed up state of the world. Sad but true, I’d hate to be a young person growing up now. It’s unlikely that I’ll have grandchildren and although I was upset initially, I think it’s probably for the best as I’d worry myself stupid about them.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Next time sneak out with the cat!

Reactions: 7
When did it become the norm for kids to watch their iPads in restaurants?! Went out to eat with Mr Kitten last night, and the amount of iPad kids was unreal. There was also one little tit casually running around whilst his mother was scrolling through Facebook 🙃

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
When did it become the norm for kids to watch their iPads in restaurants?! Went out to eat with Mr Kitten last night, and the amount of iPad kids was unreal. There was also one little tit casually running around whilst his mother was scrolling through Facebook 🙃
I don't care if parents want to shove a screen to their kids' faces for peace and quiet but do it with headphones! I don't want to listen to baby shark or whatever they watch these days at top volume when I'm trying to enjoy a (probably overpriced) meal. Either restaurants need family sections like smoking sections back in the 90s and make sure they are truly separate, or ban phones and ipads without headphones. This isn't limited to kids either, I also don't want to listen to some guy next table watching and cackling at a stupid cat video with crappy background music. I swear the pandemic gave people brain rot. Was it this rampant before lockdowns?

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I don't care if parents want to shove a screen to their kids' faces for peace and quiet but do it with headphones! I don't want to listen to baby shark or whatever they watch these days at top volume when I'm trying to enjoy a (probably overpriced) meal. Either restaurants need family sections like smoking sections back in the 90s and make sure they are truly separate, or ban phones and ipads without headphones. This isn't limited to kids either, I also don't want to listen to some guy next table watching and cackling at a stupid cat video with crappy background music. I swear the pandemic gave people brain rot. Was it this rampant before lockdowns?
💯 this. I don't care if kids watch phones or pads, it's probably a lot more interesting than the colouring we had to do as kids. But headphones should be essential in restaurants and public transport. And also for adults, especially the twit on my train the other day watching something full volume 🙄 relatedly Mr Beacon and I were in a very fancy michelín star restaurant the other day in another country and the woman on the next table kept getting messages all evening and had her phone notifications on, so it was constant pinging. You could tell the other diners were getting annoyed, I wish a waiter had stepped in as it was really irritating. Mr B almost said something but he didn't speak the language well enough.

Reactions: 14
Yeah this! Like I wasn’t too bothered that kids were watching their iPads, but they didn’t have headphones! I would pay more to be seated away from children.

Reactions: 7
My old manager was very unsympathetic when I had an emergency vets appointment for my cat (which only took 1 hr before I was back at work) but he's always leaving early for childcare, or can't do meetings because it's school run time.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
I was in York City centre today and was astounded by this couple who had 2 kids, one about 5,the other about 2/3 on their bikes, riding through the streets. Parents were striding off 20 meters or more ahead of the kids, the older one had clearly just learnt to ride and kept wobbling into the path of unsuspecting pedestrians (nearly took me out twice). The little one had stabilisers and got stuck in a gutter (riding on the now pedestrianised road). She started screaming and crying for mummy, but mummy and daddy were too far ahead to see or hear her. It was actually really distressing and I was on the verge of intervening when the mother noticed and strolled back to get her! God knows how terrified that poor kid was losing sight of her mother like that and being completely unable to keep up😕

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
I was in York City centre today and was astounded by this couple who had 2 kids, one about 5,the other about 2/3 on their bikes, riding through the streets. Parents were striding off 20 meters or more ahead of the kids, the older one had clearly just learnt to ride and kept wobbling into the path of unsuspecting pedestrians (nearly took me out twice). The little one had stabilisers and got stuck in a gutter (riding on the now pedestrianised road). She started screaming and crying for mummy, but mummy and daddy were too far ahead to see or hear her. It was actually really distressing and I was on the verge of intervening when the mother noticed and strolled back to get her! God knows how terrified that poor kid was losing sight of her mother like that and being completely unable to keep up😕
Funnily enough I also saw two kids wobbling across a busy bridge in London on their bikes today, and I had the thought of “why did they let them bring their bikes to the busiest city in the country 🙄”. How did they even get them there? On the tube? Crazy.

Reactions: 10
My old manager was very unsympathetic when I had an emergency vets appointment for my cat (which only took 1 hr before I was back at work) but he's always leaving early for childcare, or can't do meetings because it's school run time.
I once had to call in first thing in the morning and take a half days holiday to take my cat to the vet after he'd been hit by a car. My manager berated me for it for weeks, how you can't take holidays at such short notice! She was a childfree cat owner like myself as well :rolleyes: but zero empathy.

Edited to add: i work alone in a role where me taking that half day had no impact on anyone else at the company or a customer.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.