Chidera Eggerue aka The Slumflower

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
bleeping finally. Hope it stays that way.
unfortunately not! although this time she is coming through with the receipts for the plagiarism she is alleging.
i still don’t agree that florence has plagiarised her work, but at least now she is providing legitimate ‘proof’ and addressing the original problem at hand, as opposed to attacks on character, reparations chat etc.
feels like a weird 180 with the way she was previously acting on social media, wonder if someone told her to stop the 3am rambling stories and focus on the facts to strengthen her argument

Reactions: 7
unfortunately not! although this time she is coming through with the receipts for the plagiarism she is alleging.
i still don’t agree that florence has plagiarised her work, but at least now she is providing legitimate ‘proof’ and addressing the original problem at hand, as opposed to attacks on character, reparations chat etc.
feels like a weird 180 with the way she was previously acting on social media, wonder if someone told her to stop the 3am rambling stories and focus on the facts to strengthen her argument
She was doing quite well until she went back the the ‘buying add space’ bullshit. She needs to look into algorithms, all she has done is speak about FG so course that book is going to come up as recommended for her.

Reactions: 6
I still don't see it lmao. And you could find literally any of the phrases Chidera has highlighted said by other people, earlier than Chidera said them, if your combed through Twitter, Insta or feminist literature! I hope this means she's in the process of gathering evidence for a lawsuit.

Attachments

Reactions: 9
My god. SF, stop trying to make "digital blackface" happen, it's not going to happen.
It's just all so flimsy, isn't it. No wonder she focused so much on all the other crap she's been spewing rather than the original issue.

Reactions: 9
My god. SF, stop trying to make "digital blackface" happen, it's not going to happen.
It's just all so flimsy, isn't it. No wonder she focused so much on all the other crap she's been spewing rather than the original issue.
I think digital blackface is definitely a thing, but this isn’t an example of it at all.

These are drawings of women with “empowering” quotes attached; nowhere is Florence Given trying to pretend the drawings are supposed to be her. As has been noted multiple times, if she didn’t draw Black women, she’d be called out for it.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I still don't see it lmao. And you could find literally any of the phrases Chidera has highlighted said by other people, earlier than Chidera said them, if your combed through Twitter, Insta or feminist literature! I hope this means she's in the process of gathering evidence for a lawsuit.
I reckon she's probably been sent a cease and desist but is doing neither (lol) and is gearing up for a legal battle...

Reactions: 10
I think digital blackface is definitely a thing, but this isn’t an example of it at all.

These are drawings of women with “empowering” quotes attached; nowhere is Florence Given trying to pretend the drawings are supposed to be her. As has been noted multiple times, if she didn’t draw Black women, she’d be called out for it.
😅 I’ve never heard of it before but in that case it seems like SF is really misrepresenting what it actually refers to. Like “plagiarism”.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
😅 I’ve never heard of it before but in that case it seems like SF is really misrepresenting what it actually refers to. Like “plagiarism”.
Exactly 😂 Chidera seems to make up her own defintions of terms to suit her own agenda!

Reactions: 7
Exactly 😂 Chidera seems to make up her own defintions of terms to suit her own agenda!
Yeah digital blackface is more when white people use black emojis or express themselves using reaction gifs/ videos/ memes of black people doing funny things in a stereotypically "ratchet" or ghetto way. Or white people using AAVE online. Not drawing pictures of black people - unless they were drawing THEMSELVES Black, or claiming to be a Black person online.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I actually feel kind of bad for Florence.

If she writes a book, she’s plagiarising. If she doesn’t, it’s white silence.

If she talks about white feminism, she’s ignoring marginalised communities. If she talks about intersectional feminism, she’s hogging the mic.

if she asks poc to comment, she’s making black women do her labour. If she does her research and writes about it, she should pass the mic.

If she draws white characters, it isn’t diverse. If she draws black women, it’s “digital blackface”.

The girl has her problems but she seems willing to learn and I know it isn’t trendy to say but I thought her book was a good intro to intersectional feminism. Would have loved to read when I was 20

Reactions: 30
I actually feel kind of bad for Florence.

If she writes a book, she’s plagiarising. If she doesn’t, it’s white silence.

If she talks about white feminism, she’s ignoring marginalised communities. If she talks about intersectional feminism, she’s hogging the mic.

if she asks poc to comment, she’s making black women do her labour. If she does her research and writes about it, she should pass the mic.

If she draws white characters, it isn’t diverse. If she draws black women, it’s “digital blackface”.

The girl has her problems but she seems willing to learn and I know it isn’t trendy to say but I thought her book was a good intro to intersectional feminism. Would have loved to read when I was 20
sorry what?

Reactions: 1
Found this DM she reposted really stressful. She is now overtly whipping people up into a weird bullying army on her behalf and being open about actively seeking to harm these careers. And again, another racial insult with “coconuts”. These commenters need to stop egging her on, this is crazy and I hope FG has a legal team behind her.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
Found this DM she reposted really stressful. She is now overtly whipping people up into a weird bullying army on her behalf and being open about actively seeking to harm these careers. And again, another racial insult with “coconuts”. These commenters need to stop egging her on, this is crazy and I hope FG has a legal team behind her.
Ugh I though that person was telling SF to let it go! 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Coconuts isn't a racist term tho

But I don't doubt that the publisher at the very least will send a cease and desist if they haven't already.
Accusing them of left if defamatory/libellous right?

Reactions: 3

But I don't doubt that the publisher at the very least will send a cease and desist if they haven't already.
re: “coconuts”, I believe she’s accusing them of being “brown on the outside, white on the inside” so not “truly” Black.

agreed, I really hope someone intervenes - where is her therapist now??

Whoa - new twist...CE is now saying she’s “queer” but she doesn’t use her “queerness” as a method of branding. Also CE has trademarked “comrade” so all you folks out there using that word - pay up comrades because CE the proletariat needs some luxury goods! And FFS Flossie - send the cease and desist and put us out of our misery!!!!

Attachments

Coconut is racist lol. You wouldn't call a white person a coconut. Same with "oreo", "banana" etc. Anything that accuses someone of being "white on the inside" is hella racist bc it assumes black people (or whatever race you're talking about) have to fit a certain stereotype and that traits such as bookishness, introversion, cleverness, quietness or being well-spoken can only be "white traits". Do you see how grim that is?

Whoa - new twist...CE is now saying she’s “queer” but she doesn’t use her “queerness” as a method of branding. Also CE has trademarked “comrade” so all you folks out there using that word - pay up comrades because CE the proletariat needs some luxury goods! And FFS Flossie - send the cease and desist and put us out of our misery!!!!
This raised my eyebrows as SO much of Chidera's work has talked about being a straight woman. This is literally the first time she's mentioned being queer and it's only so she can weaponise it against Floss. Like, good for her if she's had a queer awakening, but could she really have come out in a more sus way honestly 😂😂 also if she was actually queer she'd understand how big of a deal representation is for queer kids surrounded by homophobic families and maybe see the value in Florence talking about queerness rather than accusing her of "sprinkling queer" on Chidera's work? If I'm giving the absolute benefit of the doubt then maybe Chidera is just at the very beginning of her journey with queerness and doesn't understand all these perspectives - but that means she should stfu, learn from her queer elders in the community, and not instantly try and weaponise her queerness to prove a point and tear another woman down. I almost expected a "ner-ner" at the end of that post it was so childish.

And lol the USSR called, Chidera, they wanna sue for the use of the word comrade xxx

ETA - So she's just admitted to making £27,060 (literally the entire cost of my fuckin degree) in less than a month off this Skillshare thing, and she's STILL asking white people who are skint enough to have to wait til payday, to send her their spare cash so she can enjoy "luxury essentials". duck this disgusting neolib bellend, honestly. How dare she even come near the word "comrade", her behaviour is not comradely at all. So greedy and moneygrabbing from people less fortunate than herself.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.