Chidera Eggerue aka The Slumflower

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There have been (probably) hundreds of screenshots shared by SF but I've only seen 1 so far that shows comparisons between the two books and that was around the "We Don't Owe You Pretty" line which was already borrowed from Erin McKean in the first place. When is she going to show all of the times FG has ripped off her work?
The most I’ve seen is that she’s copied the “tone” and “aesthetic” of it 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I’m totally bored of looking at her stories now. Bring a law suit or you’re not doing anything

• Heart
Reactions: 15
FG is wearing a tee shirt with the colours and font in question on it in a picture SF has used promoting herself and praising Florence. Honestly how are people not seeing through her. There wasn’t a problem until SF thought she could get attention. Munroe will release a book, SF will ruin it (as she already is). Munroe and diving bell will sue. All the people sending others abuse on her behalf should be ashamed. Part of my thinks all the DMs saying exactly the illogical points SF is making are just coming from SF’s burner account. Why block out the names of these people but not others?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
The insta stories are slowing down and being interspersed with more general promo, I wonder if this is a pivot in strategy. However she tried to defend it, she has stopped banging on about reparations and leaving her PayPal in the swipe up.

Reactions: 12
One thing I’ve wondered is why we view WATTBA as a feminist book? Did a quick search and the word feminist appears ZERO TIMES. The word women appears once. For comparison the word chicken appears 12 times.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
One thing I’ve wondered is why we view WATTBA as a feminist book? Did a quick search and the word feminist appears ZERO TIMES. The word women appears once. For comparison the word chicken appears 12 times.
I swear it wasn’t marketed like that? Mentioned elsewhere in this thread that I bought it as like a self-help book after a bad break up and this thing with Florence is the first I heard of it being a feminist manual. I might have had blinkers on and only seen what was relevant to me though.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Was interested so went back a bit through SF’s feed to see how she’s spoken about WATTBA. Granted I only briefly scanned a few posts obviously about the book but she doesn’t mention feminism as a selling point.
Also in one post she says there no book like it that exists.. so maybe she just got too attached to the idea only she is allowed to publish a design heavy book linked to feminism / female empowerment?

Attachments

• Heart
I imagine this is indirecting Chidera but can't figure out if it's Stephanie's own message or something she's screengrabbed from elsewhere?
It’s Chantayyjayy’s response to Slumflowers DM to her on Twitter!

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.