Chidera Eggerue aka The Slumflower

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else reading this as transphobic?
And another denial of MB as Black too. The hatefulness is really coming out. Surely this is only going to alienate her from more people?

someone just needs to sue her at this point, honestly. The only thing she cares about is extorting money out of someone, anyone, so hitting her in the wallet will prob get her to back off.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I'm confused by Aja's point... what could the publisher do/should they have done?
I think she’s saying if the publisher really thought the case had merit they would be helping SF legally, or have had some involvement, but that their total silence indicates they don’t think there’s anything to her claim.

• Heart
I think she’s saying if the publisher really thought the case had merit they would be helping SF legally, or have had some involvement, but that their total silence indicates they don’t think there’s anything to her claim.
Bizarre that we’ve gotten this far on “but I FEEL ripped off!!”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
And another denial of MB as Black too. The hatefulness is really coming out. Surely this is only going to alienate her from more people?

someone just needs to sue her at this point, honestly. The only thing she cares about is extorting money out of someone, anyone, so hitting her in the wallet will prob get her to back off.
Yeah I read it like that, less so transphobia... more to do with MB's "white side" (reference to her "white side jumping out" comment made earlier this week)

Ahh I see!!

Reactions: 4
Thank you for this! For a while I was checking in on SF’s stories but it’s getting exhausting even just looking at those walls of text.
Aja could be referring to SF’s story (attached), but tbh she could also be talking about Munroe or Florence (that’s pure speculation).
No problem!

And Jesus, that's horrible. Completely agree with other comments here that this is such an awful, manipulative thing to say. My abusive ex pretended to be suicidal when I finally got the courage to leave him, as a last-ditch attempt at keeping me around. This reads exactly the same way - trying to manipulate others through sheer whataboutery. Disgusting, narcissistic behaviour. And the sheer irony of her saying this after trying to imply that Florence attempting suicide over this would only ever be a PR stunt. This woman has NO SHAME.

That and that she doesn’t think she’s “black enough”

Foul
Was going to say the same thing!!

Also just goes to further illustrate how Chidera clearly doesn't see any form of queerness as a legitimate identity - or at least, as an identity holding equal weight with Blackness. Goes back to how she said Florence's book would be like her own "with queer sprinkled on top". Munroe's book is literally called Transitional, the clue's in the name that transness is going to feature quite heavily, thus making it vastly different from CE's book 🙄🙄 but CE doesn't see that bc she doesn't take queerness seriously as an identity or even bother to do any work on her own allyship to our communities.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Thank you for this! For a while I was checking in on SF’s stories but it’s getting exhausting even just looking at those walls of text.
Aja could be referring to SF’s story (attached), but tbh she could also be talking about Munroe or Florence (that’s pure speculation).

I don’t think Chidera is well. Part of me thinks she’s like that fire elmo meme just laughing over her flocks of white supporters doing her bidding and enjoying all the attention, but also I do think she’s convinced she’s right, and if you’re convinced you’re right in this situation and just standing up for yourself, then it must be really upsetting to feel alone and having constant enemies to fight.
What a time to be alone.....

What's the deal with her parents? Anyone know?

Reactions: 3
What a time to be alone.....

What's the deal with her parents? Anyone know?
Not sure. Found this FT article from Jan 2019 (the Financial Times? Really, Chidera? Who's "courting whiteness" now smh) that has a few quotes about her parents, attached as screenshots. They sound like typical African parents lol. Wonder if they fell out due to her career or something else?

ETA - found this Times article that details how she cut her father off due to his treatment of her mother, a few screenshots added. I really hope it wasn't due to something like domestic violence. But tbf this was during Chidera's period of serious man-hating, so it would also kinda make sense if it was just general Boomer-generation misogyny and she chose to cut him off rather than seeking to have conversations or educate him. But obviously that's just me speculating and I have no idea how serious it was so fully happy to eat my words if I'm wrong here.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Why does having migrant parents differ from anyone else when it comes to being a social media influencer? This generation is the first to have done this job EVER so there is going to be a lack of understanding across the board, from the majority of parents and families.

• Angry
Reactions: 7
Soz double post, forgot to mention how jokes it is that she had Florence's prints on display in her home 😂😂

Why does having migrant parents differ from anyone else when it comes to being a social media influencer? This generation is the first to have done this job EVER so there is going to be a lack of understanding across the board, from the majority of parents and families.
Nah to be fair I do get her point, a lot of migrant parents (not all, obviously) want their kids to only be a doctor or lawyer and can be very pushy about it. It's both a status/ bragging rights thing and also seen as a surefire way to elevate the family's means in life, social mobility type thing. Whereas a lot (again, not all) of white parents can be a lot more laissez-faire as they may be better positioned to support their 24 year old bleeping around and trying to get a social media career off the ground lol.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Yeah there are so many photos on her timeline where you can see FGs work on display in the background. Why is it then suddenly a problem when she turns it into a book?

Reactions: 7
Looking at her Twitter and a) she really doesn’t understand astrology but b) her engagement seems quite low considering she’s got 75k+ followers? Basically the only tweet she’s had recently that got much commenting etc is the one aimed at Ash. Is that normal? I don’t Twitter so not sure what’s average etc.

Reactions: 6
Yeah there are so many photos on her timeline where you can see FGs work on display in the background. Why is it then suddenly a problem when she turns it into a book?
because she's jealous FG is more successful? and she puts it entirely down to her being a white women instead of maybe her own work and personality being tit

• Heart
It’s more complex than you think

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I can’t imagine a book store wanting to put up a display for a book called “how to get over a boy”. The content of the book might be “feminist” but the title doesn’t really sound modern or of the moment

• Heart
Reactions: 5
There have been (probably) hundreds of screenshots shared by SF but I've only seen 1 so far that shows comparisons between the two books and that was around the "We Don't Owe You Pretty" line which was already borrowed from Erin McKean in the first place. When is she going to show all of the times FG has ripped off her work?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
There have been (probably) hundreds of screenshots shared by SF but I've only seen 1 so far that shows comparisons between the two books and that was around the "We Don't Owe You Pretty" line which was already borrowed from Erin McKean in the first place. When is she going to show all of the times FG has ripped off her work?
i DM'd her about this and got blocked

She has nothing to stand on, as someone said earlier, make it legal or piss off
There are so much plagiarism software out there too.

Chidera is categorically insane, she is not OK. Just because she is a black woman doesnt mean I am not allowed to express that opinion, which to me is ludicrous.

When do you think this will all end?

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.