Chidera Eggerue aka The Slumflower

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve admired both women for a while and have tried to make head / tail of this scenario since it came about and I just CANNOT. I think it’s the overload of tiny texts floating about constant Instagram stories. I’m a smart woman and when I try to work it all out to see where my own personal thoughts stand it feels like my head is full of bees!!!! Anyone else?!
TOTALLY agree
IMO neither of them is coming out of this situ well.
Perhaps lazy publishers will stop handing out book deals based on how many followers someone has on instagram...

Reactions: 8
I actually find this whole situation so frustrating to watch. Because on one hand I feel like yes it is so unfair how Florence’s book performed so much better than Chidera’s, given the similar themes. But I also find it hard to even support Chidera even from that perspective because everything else she is doing is so problematic.

I find it very jarring that absolutely everything gets labelled as white supremacy. Yes I’m sure there is racial bias within the legal system but if you’re against that then what is the alternative? We all just believe Chidera’s words over anyone else’s?? That doesn’t seem objective at all and she’s not proposing a fair or logical alternative to resolving this other than everyone should believe her without question.

It seems it’s her way or the high way. I just think this is all getting quite culty and weird. Chidera has found a way of tapping into white women’s guilt so they unconditionally support her without any challenge and it doesn’t sit right with me for anyone, no matter how oppressed they are, for their word to be taken as gospel without question. But Chidera seems to think anything other than that is white supremacy.

I don’t even support Florence in this situation to be honest but I do think Chidera’s way of behaving both towards Florence and towards anyone who challenges her speaks volumes about her character. It all seems very narcissistic

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Did anyone ever follow douconsideryourselfafeminist and her subsequent downfall? Her downfall ultimately came about through being a total compulsive liar so not applicable to Chidera however it is reminding me that situation.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I didn’t get any Florence hits when I googled her name- must be a white supremacist 👀🤦🏼‍♀️.

Does anyone else find that language really problematic as well? Like there are real supremacists out there that commit aggression against people of colour it kinda feels like she’s devaluing that word for me. Florence floating about with her annoying dances and 70’s here isn’t the epitome of white rage for me
Very.

She's trying to confuse the guilt ridden under educated white followers who come to her to be "taught".

There's no benefit in labelling every single thing as white supremacy. Yes, systems are set up to favour white people but on an individual level, there's only so long one can claim to be a victim.

She can't keep expecting and demanding payment for every inconvenience or slight crossover into her genre under the guise of racism and white supremacy, especially when she's not prepared to do anything more than go on lengthy social media rants in the middle of the night.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Chidera burns bridges left right and centre and always has done and a hell of a lot of people know that she’s a toxic person. If she’s wondering why her books don’t do so well it’s because she spends an awful lot of time online being catty and rude so a smaller pool of people will be able to feel connection to her work.
FG seemed to put a lot more effort into being accessible and figuring out what got people talking and didn’t piss so many people off.

all of that combined with a dash of “white people are treated more favourably in algorithm so FG probably had more exposure” resulted in Chidera not having the recognition she feels she deserves, but it’s not all about white privilege. She can’t forget she shot herself multiple times in the foot by being divisive and catty.

I can’t believe the amount of support she still has from people saying FG stole something ridiculous like the layout of a page or the quantity of pictures or some crap

• Heart
I just don’t get it. A white woman produced something similar to to what she did and it out performed her work. So she feels that she has been raped and requires private donations as it is exhausting pointing out that white people buy books written by white people and not her book... so go write slanderous things under any black author’s work as they have a white publisher (just as she did). Also only go on date with boys who take you expensive places. It just confuses me that she is taking money for herself and not for those who need it in the black community. Florence said she has always donated to black charities and so the donation to BMM was in addition to what she does (also good PR but not out of character). I want them to show receipts. Florence to show she has always donated and CE to show that she also donates to black charities and doesn’t just take money away from them.

• Heart
I want all the receipts too. Chidera is saying far too much and FG is saying far too little to counter the defamation.
I want full receipts and I also want from Chidera a dictionary definition and a legal definition of plagiarism; and a list of every instance in FGs book where she has plagiarised Chideras.

that costs no money so what is Chidera waiting for. Unless she doesn’t have the proof or the proof would make her look bad.

Reactions: 7
LOL at all the “woke” white girls wanting to get more social clout.

WATTBA was published 2018
Erin McKean’s blog post published 2006 (last photo - link https://dressaday.com/2006/10/20/you-dont-have-to-be-pretty/)

And yet people still think FL “stole” owing pretty from CE.. who actually took it from Erin?! Not to mention all the content she stole from sex workers.

As it’s been said before, neither of them are coming out well from this. I also want their receipts.

1BA80591-0208-45C9-B94A-618AED3EE0CC.png
293DCD3F-4E90-4345-84A8-96638EFF3F7D.png
50180BD0-268A-4110-865D-B4E7EED4A2C2.png
84C9C4AB-60E6-4C21-9059-0CFBCF1DACA0.png
1E6C15E4-53C2-475F-B059-8AF0ED383729.jpeg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
plagerism is very difficult to prove in court.
the writer of the da vinci code was accused of plagerism years ago because the same concept had already been written about, and he won. the judge said he couldnt find him guilty as it would start the idea of people having monopolies over ideas and research.

Yikes, the amount of false comparisons being made on her stories is ridiculous. She just posted a screen shot of her messages likening Florence involving lawyers to sort it out with an innocent black person being arrested for nothing getting told to trust the legal system. Literally nothing similar about that scenario to what is happening here. I agree the judicial system of course has deeply ingrained issues with racism, but in this situation it boils down to an accusation of plagiarism with zero evidence, not a person going to jail for something they didn’t do 🤦🏼‍♀️ People are using highly emotive language and examples to turn this into a situation that it absolutely isn’t.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 6
i find it very strange that every single one of her follows seems to be a lawyer or publishing expert. why are none of them giving her correct advice?

omg i actually cant ope reading all her screenshots, a UK "laywer" has just advised her to sue for copyright infringement.

YOU CANT COPYRIGHT AN IDEA!!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
What the duck is she doing sharing this, it’s the dumbest take I’ve ever seen. Nah this has actually made me so angry, how dare she continue to equate this with the impact of sexual assault
i dont think she knows what shes doing any more.
how can she throw all these accusations at FG then as soon as FG gets some advice, slumflower is saying that advice is wrong because its from a legal system that once allowed white people to own black slaves.

and ive just read a bit more about copyright and the law litrally says that titles, short phrases, and colours are not considered unique or substantial enough to be awarded copyright protection.
so i presume thats why FG lawyers said there was no case.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.