Chidera Eggerue aka The Slumflower

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry if a lot of this is already covered, but I've been following Slumflower for a while now so I have thoughts... I really liked Slumflower around the time her book came out; I didn't buy the book because it's not for my demographic, but it seemed like a good message to get out there (and it's a great title!)

Then she pivoted to try to become a female pick-up artist which was just bleak and always seemed fake to me - saying she was being offered holidays and designer bags and stuff by people on dating sites (her Patriarchy's Worst Nightmare IG account was part of that). I ducked out at that point but then sometime in the last year, I think, a female 'dating coach' claimed that Slumflower had stolen that whole schtick from her - and Slumflower had admitted privately that she hadn't been able to get any wealthy man's attention at all. Her name is Imani Yvonne, and the accusations were all on Twitter and are still up to view - funnily enough Slumflower had a very similar reaction to FG as far as I remember; keep largely quiet and hope it blows over.

And now this. So my feeling is that she's a bit of a grifter; she failed to make the PUA grift work and she probably torpedoed her mainstream career (she did ads for Adidas for a while) with that male suicide tweet so she's now trying to get money from white women's guilt. I really hope that the things she's posting about people sending her money are as fake as the blokes she supposedly dated; apart from anything else, giving a randomer £20 doesn't do squat for racism.

I do also want to say that I think it's a shame that either of these women have been put in a relatively serious spotlight at such a young age; it does nobody any favours to elevate people who aren't well-equipped for it. But they're getting money in the short-term, I suppose, so there we are.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
i have awoken from my night shift and i guess Chidera is still posting stories from other white crackpots willing to offer her financial reparations to make up for FG behaviour.

Someone above mentioned about people dm'ing Chidera abuse.. If they are then she isnt showing any such dm's but i would assume that its not a similar story for FG. I bet she is on the end of some abusive messages from Chidera's minions ( espcially if they are white ).

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Her books are sold out everywhere so where is this stopping black women from getting their coin narrative coming from when the ad thing is debunked anyways .... perhaps at the time the two were recommended on google due to similarities and affiliation they have for each other (I mean FG was literally going to be on CE sold out show and FG mentions CE in her book .... ) though it’s not the case right now ?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’d love to hear of any donations Chidera has made.

It seems to me that she is asking Florence for ‘reparations’, and she would consider any such money as her personal money to be spent on herself.

In the meantime she’s ensured that Black Minds Matter refuse donations from Florence and in doing so, she has ensured that Black people with poor mental health lose out in a pandemic. So she sits there getting richer from the guilt trips of white women whilst black people in genuine need of help are refused it.

That is an act of violence. She has effectively stolen from her own people and there will be some who die as a direct result.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Her books are sold out everywhere so where is this stopping black women from getting their coin narrative coming from when the ad thing is debunked anyways .... perhaps at the time the two were recommended on google due to similarities and affiliation they have for each other (I mean FG was literally going to be on CE sold out show and FG mentions CE in her book .... ) though it’s not the case right now ?
😅 well in “fairness” the books being in demand / sold out is a direct result of all the attention from the allegations, and guilty white girls making a show of support by buying it.

It’s honestly all so weird to me, I bought WATTBA last year when I found Chidera’s instagram and I was looking forward to something light (considering it is a design heavy book) but also inspirational... it was seriously the most basic thing ever. Like a lot of super generic “empowering” instagram captions made into a book, and I was so disappointed.
The only interesting parts where when she talks about Nigerian proverbs.

So it really does make me laugh to see all these people buying the book and showing off about it and saying how it is life changing... damn, really? 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
😅 well in “fairness” the books being in demand / sold out is a direct result of all the attention from the allegations, and guilty white girls making a show of support by buying it.

It’s honestly all so weird to me, I bought WATTBA last year when I found Chidera’s instagram and I was looking forward to something light (considering it is a design heavy book) but also inspirational... it was seriously the most basic thing ever. Like a lot of super generic “empowering” instagram captions made into a book, and I was so disappointed.
The only interesting parts where when she talks about Nigerian proverbs.

So it really does make me laugh to see all these people buying the book and showing off about it and saying how it is life changing... damn, really? 😆
Honestly she’s being doing so well during the pandemic .... SO many people posted about her books including Victoria beckham and Christina agulaira so she deffo has been getting bucks ... she’s just greedy af lmfao

• Heart
Reactions: 8
guys, i have just searched for 'womens best' and items from gymshark, another fitness company, have shown up on the google search!! OMG this must be white supremism at play, they are overpowering and silencing another company, how disgusting!! Womens best must demand reparations from gymshark, maybe pull all of their stock and take 100% of profits? I'm playing but..

OR is it because they are similar companies and google search is so competitive and an integral part of the online market.

Whether the ad space is 'bought' or not, Chidera needs to sit down.
Screenshot 2021-01-15 at 19.42.12.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
The sad thing is - I fully thing these people are doing it for clout and to get Chidera’s attention and I doubt she’s even responded or acknowledged their existence

• Heart
Reactions: 18
It’s a bit crazy that for someone who is shouting about white supremacy. It’s the white woke community supporting her and not the BIPOC community. The very people that she despises are the people whose stories she keeps resharing. It’s all a bit ironic really.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I don’t know if this is just me but I just can’t see the basis of her argument. I just don’t understand it in anyway shape or form. ( excluding the arguments regarding racism within publishing which I do understand and agree happens when in 2021 it shouldn’t be). I 100% accept this point. Yet her argument is with FG and not the publisher?
I also don’t really fully understand the need for financial reparations ( other than the glaringly obvious). I feel awkward for even speaking about it as I don’t think I have any right to say why a reparation at all?
After all I am white and ( whether I agree or not - part of the larger problem).
i understand and agree that there should be penance from white people to BIPOC communities but this to me should come in the form of overall systemic changes such as the introduction of a black curriculum. I feel really very strongly about this. I have wrote to my MP multiple times regarding wanting to see a change in the current curriculum as well as signing multiple petitions which fight for justice for members of the BIPOC community.
This to me is making reparation for the past to try and initiate real change in future. Just sending one Individual money isn’t and especially as it really doesn’t appear that this money is being donated elsewhere. By all means keep some of it . I don’t begrudge this in anyway but especially knowing that this outburst has affected BBM accepting a donation from FG which in turn affects the families who this money goes too. Why would you not want to try and make up for that? 🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.