Chidera Eggerue aka The Slumflower

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Two ladies get to stepping on Twitter and the slumflower is not pleased. To note: She’s only accepting PayPal and fawning praise/support at the moment.
Jesus. That Amy girl is a friend of Florence so I’m not surprised she’s sticking up for her to be honest. Did laugh at ‘long throat’ though 😂

Reactions: 6
I’ve just read this whole thread trying to understand what the hell is happening.

The whole thing has massively depressed me, to be honest. This is probably going to be controversial but I think fourth wave “feminism” is largely a joke, a bastardization of what intersectionality was supposed to reflect, and I honestly think that almost everything both Chidera and Florence seem to stand for plays directly into the hands of a capitalist patriarchy.

I’m actually shocked Chidera can happily claim she’s a feminist with her lessons in seeking out rich men. Mind boggling.

Overall, I can see how hugely unfair and hurtful it must have been for Chidera to be outsold by Florence. There’s no doubt that our society’s collective, often unconscious racism made Florence more palatable to young girls buying these baby lib fem books. However, I struggle to see where and why Florence is responsible for that herself. Don’t get me wrong, I can’t stand Florence, but until Chidera publicly releases the exact details of what she considers plagiarism in Florence’s book, then I think this is all a lot of hot air. She totally has a right to be angry and frustrated at our racist world, but is it right to scapegoat Florence Given for that specifically? I don’t think so.

I do actually feel for Florence, because my own personal reaction would be to go the legal route, too. I think most people would. And Chidera is right in saying that there is institutionalised racism within the legal system, but what’s the alternative? There is also institutional sexism, and ageism, and classism within our legal system... it’s not a perfect system but no perfect system exists, so are we never supposed to use it?

Anyway, somewhat hilariously, my grandmother was telling me (and every other female) that women don’t owe anyone pretty before these girls were born. I guess I better go Paypal Chidera asap.

Just a question as I cannot see it anywhere: has Chidera actually stated what type of plagiarism she feels Florence is guilty of? I am assuming direct plagiarism, which is the easiest to prove.
100% agree with this except for the hypergamy part - it’s fine to want to marry better etc though there’s no doubt that CE needs to be careful about how she addresses it on social media .... I mean saying she doesn’t care about men committing suicide (there was more to it of course I did read her statement at that time whilst I was a fan of hers) though some stuff I agreed with (in regards to the statement) I have to say (and I know this will come across as racist on paper given she’s a black woman and I’m associating these feelings with a black woman) but it’s just too aggressive for my liking, from the way shes dealt with all of this to these chats about male suicide and hypergamy are not for the world to know about and rather a chat with your girls in my honest opinion, and she needs to distinguish that line because her followers and strangers on the internet are NOT her friends & she has a brand to upkeep.

Reactions: 3
So its not okay for Florence to ask for proof but its okay for Chidera to? What the actual duck.
The legal system is also historically hugely patriarchal, does this mean Chidera is participating in misogyny by asking for proof?

Screenshot_20210116-223602_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20210116-223606_Instagram.jpg

Aja has liked this tweet from Stephanie Yeboah this evening. Although I don’t know for sure this is possibly about Chidera. No clue who the other woman is ( or if it’s referring to Chidera?).
I also found these tweets as well from someone else.
I am shocked Aja has liked that tweet from Stephanie, isnt she the woman who got fired for anti-semitic comments?

Reactions: 11
Aja has liked this tweet from Stephanie Yeboah this evening. Although I don’t know for sure this is possibly about Chidera. No clue who the other woman is ( or if it’s referring to Chidera?).
If Stephanie’s tweet about bullying going unchecked is about Chidera, then... check it? Has anybody with that many followers (aside from Amy) actually “checked” it? Or just made vague subtweets / stories about it that don’t mention Chidera by name? 🤔

Reactions: 10
I find this statement to be classist. It’s almost saying that they working classes can’t be educated or wouldn’t be able to construct academic arguments. We have trade unions, lifelong learning and in some parts of the UK, a labour government committed to ensuring education for working class kids. There are enormous barriers for working class people in education, but there are amazing opportunities too.

Reactions: 18
Does Chid really think she's doing something by getting money from followers? It's like chapter 4 of how to be an influencer 101, if such a book existed.

If anything you're doing something wrong if you *haven't* been offered money.

Anyone from ig models to academics has been offered money or gifts for one reason or another.

Even more proof that her minions sending her money is, in fact, doing absolutely nothing to combat white supremacy and racism.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
yes totally agree that its an issue, a very big issue.
maybe i phrased it badly, i meant it cant be the biggest known cause because its impossible to quantify such a thing.
I would also like if she’s saying things like this to me she should back it up with studies or it’s just a redundant statement. I know she’ll say she shouldn’t have to do the work for me, but if I make a statement about something I always back it up. Then people can go and do more reading/research if they want to, but I’ve proved I know what I’m talking about.

also I think the random £70.03 donation will have been made in another currency and ended up as GBP in her account.

C0D24035-781D-409A-B1C1-89C47F98B3EB.jpeg

“it’s okay to point out when someone is jealous - especially when the obsessive ‘critique’ is consistently coming from people who aren’t doing better than you”

sage words, shame she lacks the self awareness to appreciate the irony of writing this given the current situation she created

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I am so disgusted by this. Her sharing the idea that Florence would ‘intentionally hospitalise herself’ just to paint Chidera in a bad light. She’s bleeping vile for sharing that notion on her platform and the person who sent her that message is an absolute moron. Even if you can’t stand Florence, that’s a horrible thing to suggest.

(Just to clarify I’m not commenting on the Clubhouse thing here - just the fact she would share this idiotic sentiment about mental health to her hundreds of thousands of followers)

Attachments

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I am so disgusted by this. Her sharing the idea that Florence would ‘intentionally hospitalise herself’ just to paint Chidera in a bad light. She’s bleeping vile for sharing that notion on her platform and the person who sent her that message is an absolute moron. Even if you can’t stand Florence, that’s a horrible thing to suggest.

(Just to clarify I’m not commenting on the Clubhouse thing here - just the fact she would share this idiotic sentiment about mental health to her hundreds of thousands of followers)
Exactly what I’m saying ... it’s TOO much. Such things are NOT for the public to see wtf is wrong with her

• Sick

that whole comment by Chidera in response just shows she has a painfully poor grasp of mental health and how conditions like depression anxiety etc manifest themselves.

mental health or wellness IS NOT proportional to how much privilege, wealth, resources or friends you have.

telling someone who is struggling with their mental health that they don’t actually have it bad at all because they don’t have to deal with racism is not going to help your cause. It’s going to make people less likely to reach out for help because they feel like they don’t deserve it or aren’t worth it.

just because you think the bullying of someone is justified for whatever reason, doesn’t mean that they aren’t upset about what is happening and having a tough time. You may not care and that’s on you but we seem to have this weird notion that if we think someone is a bad person then they can’t possibly have all the same feelings and emotions that other people that we’re more sympathetic with have.

Saying “Florence will be fine” is a mad assumption made from the figurehead of the hate campaign. She would have been more accurate to say “ I just don’t care”’

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I actually cannot believe that comment suggesting that if Florences mental health took a dive that it would be a deliberate act of manipulation and an 'act of violence'. What the duck is wrong with people. What the duck is going on here. Why the duck can Chidera not see she should have shut this commenter down.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Has Chidera and her followers forgotten about what happened to Caroline Flack, they need to stop harassing Florence.

I wouldn’t even be surprised if Florence’s mental health took a massive dive not because it would be a manipulation but because the human psyche is not equipped to deal with mass criticism and masses of people telling them how terrible they are, it’s one of the worst things that has come out of internet to be honest. Also I am mindful Chidera has been on the receiving end of that type of thing in the past as well which isn’t right, you would think it would make her more aware of how toxic it is so she doesn’t inflict it on someone else.

It’s just getting tedious now. She has said herself in one of her stories yesterday that Florence “is a symptom” of something much bigger so if she acknowledges this why does she continue to target her it’s just getting really nasty at this point. Her anger is valid but misdirected.

There’s a really interesting piece by Africa Brooke called Why I’m Leaving the Cult of Wokeness which made me think of this whole situation

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I actually cannot believe that comment suggesting that if Florences mental health took a dive that it would be a deliberate act of manipulation and an 'act of violence'. What the duck is wrong with people. What the duck is going on here. Why the duck can Chidera not see she should have shut this commenter down.
Idk if this is what is going on here, but I remember ages ago someone saying on twitter that "niceness" is a construct of white supremacy so I guess people see no reason to be nice to each other any more.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
How Chidera’s supporters can message Black people abuse without a second thought is actually beyond me!! How can you be anti-racist and do that?!
And also think it’s ok to harass someone to the point of hospitalisation? What a sick thing to say!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.