Chidera Eggerue aka The Slumflower

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For someone who doesn't want to get involved, Aja sure has a lot to say about it.............. she's also a hypocrite for criticising Slumflower for some of the things she's done herself. Like demanding payment and saying that she should "settle her score througjh the proper channels." Aja PLEASE. You actively drag people publicly for things that should be discussed in private.

Havig said that, as mcuh as I don't like Florence all that much, I'm definitely side eyeing Slumflower throughout all of this. What the actual duck.

Reactions: 8
For someone who doesn't want to get involved, Aja sure has a lot to say about it.............. she's also a hypocrite for criticising Slumflower for some of the things she's done herself. Like demanding payment and saying that she should "settle her score througjh the proper channels." Aja PLEASE. You actively drag people publicly for things that should be discussed in private.

Havig said that, as mcuh as I don't like Florence all that much, I'm definitely side eyeing Slumflower throughout all of this. What the actual duck.
I donā€™t know why Aja has waded in? She shared a story on IG earlier about a BIPOC author receiving some really nasty comments in the review section which sounded like slumflower was responsible for? ( assuming I have interpreted the tweet plus the IG story correctly).

Thanks for sharing these!
No worries šŸ™‚

And another one incoming

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Exactly. Why is Aja even getting involved? Everything just HAS to be about her. I don't believe people are hassling her to say something publicly about this at all and even if they were why doesn;t she just ignore them if it bothers her so much / she doesn't want to get involved? Then when she deos say something, it's almost cryptic. Like JUST SAY IT. Just say you're rolling your eyes at Slumflower.

Aja does make an excellent point about CEā€™s ā€˜activismā€™ impacting the whole community. My jaw dropped when I saw that Black Minds Matter refused a donation from FG.

If they are in such a place to refuse donations then maybe they shouldnā€™t ever seek government funding because we all know that this Government is institutionally, structurally and overtly racist.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Aja does make an excellent point about CEā€™s ā€˜activismā€™ impacting the whole community. My jaw dropped when I saw that Black Minds Matter refused a donation from FG.

If they are in such a place to refuse donations then maybe they shouldnā€™t ever seek government funding because we all know that this Government is institutionally, structurally and overtly racist.
Why did they refuse her donation? Was it because of CE & the plagerism claims? Maybe the charity felt it would be disingenuous of them to accept from FG?

So yes this is indeed why they refused her donation.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
It's shameful for a mental health charity to get involved with public shaming. They know it can cause mental health problems but they went ahead and decided to make a public statement they know will add fuel to the fire.

Everyone needs to grow the duck up and get off Instagram for a while.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Yes is BANG ON! She needed to get involved because slumflower sent her white minions over to shame her for not getting involved. Slum flower involved her with this saying silent is violence to black women bullshit! She has taken donations away from black charities and towards herself! So many white women are saying to amplify black voices and are doing so without a critical thought. Love Aja, love what she is saying and Iā€™m finding it heart breaking it even needed to be said. Also am I the only one who has slumflowerā€™s book come up on a google search without a trace of Florence, because if I search Chidera I just get her books.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Yes is BANG ON! She needed to get involved because slumflower sent her white minions over to shame her for not getting involved. Slum flower involved her with this saying silent is violence to black women bullshit! She has taken donations away from black charities and towards herself! So many white women are saying to amplify black voices and are doing so without a critical thought. Love Aja, love what she is saying and Iā€™m finding it heart breaking it even needed to be said. Also am I the only one who has slumflowerā€™s book come up on a google search without a trace of Florence, because if I search Chidera I just get her books.
Aja literally does this to other people all the time though?? She starts drama and then drags people in and gets her minions to attack them. But suddenly it's not ok for others to do it to her? She's a hypocrite and a bully.

Reactions: 5
Fully agree with Aja! It became her problem when Chidera sent her white minions to harass Aja, Munroe and others, she's well within her rights to speak on this considering how she's been dragged into it just for being another black woman existing on the internet. Chidera has fully weaponised the language of oppression to her own financial advantage. Aja is bang on when she calls Chidera out for demanding that FG donate to her personally rather than Black Minds Matter. Chidera has been duplicitous and greedy here.

Btw here's a few more re/tweets from Aja on the matter. So glad influencers are finally speaking out about this! Also, it's bleeping FOUL that white people are using this Slumflower situation as an excuse to DM black influencers calling them a "c**n", how the duck does this need to be said!!

Attachments

• Heart
Yeah I saw white people in the comments of Munroes Instagram photos asking her if she ā€œplanned to speak upā€

Absolutely disgusting IMO

• Heart
Jeeeeeeeeez so here's the post about another author of colour, who is a new author and has just released a book about dementia in her family (obviously a tender subject). And yet the comments are full of people shouting about Chidera bc of who the publishing company is. THIS IS GROSS.

Further screenshots from Aja/ Stephanie Yeboah on this as well. This situation was never acceptable to begin with but it's evolved into such an awful, ugly thing.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sad
Has Chidera ever made any donations sheā€™s made to the Black community public?

Chideraā€™s stayed very quiet when her minions have been pulled up about trying to derail a book launch of a BIPOC author.
Iā€™m waiting for her twisted response on this.
I donā€™t follow Aja but she speaks the whole truth in those tweets.
I also notice Lalalaletmeexplain, the middle aged white women who blackfishes, who waded in to say sheā€™s on the slumflowers side now commenting under Steph Yeboahā€™s retort šŸ™„šŸ™„šŸ™„

All of you providing screenshots - THANK YOU!

• Heart
No idea but who knows if she even donates tbh, she's already made it clear she thinks the buck stops with her by acting as though payments towards her = payments towards the black "community"

Iā€™ve never heard of Aja before this thread, is she also an influencer?
Yes of sorts - I think her background is in media / journalism and she used to work for tv companies in the states . I guess you could say that she has moved ( sort of ) into the influencer realm . Her interests are plus size sustainable fashion.

Jeeeeeeeeez so here's the post about another author of colour, who is a new author and has just released a book about dementia in her family (obviously a tender subject). And yet the comments are full of people shouting about Chidera bc of who the publishing company is. THIS IS GROSS.

Further screenshots from Aja/ Stephanie Yeboah on this as well. This situation was never acceptable to begin with but it's evolved into such an awful, ugly thing.
I feel for the lady who has written this book and had its release taken over by a bunch of dimwits. It should be a celebration for her and yet itā€™s been ruined by clowns who hijacked the post.

Has she made donations to any charities in the black community at all? Tbh I didnā€™t know FG made donations either ( and this has actually changed my opinion a bit of her) just from the fact she is donating but not shouting about it. Itā€™s also quite telling that Aja is in support of FG as well and isnā€™t willing to tear into her. Aja is not shy to tell people that she doesnā€™t agree with something. I do think there is a lot more to this than what we know and I also think there will be more to come ( i kind of feel we are at the simmering point and itā€™s not reached its peak just yet).

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.