Chidera Eggerue aka The Slumflower

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Aja literally does this to other people all the time though?? She starts drama and then drags people in and gets her minions to attack them. But suddenly it's not ok for others to do it to her? She's a hypocrite and a bully.

Does she? I've followed her for years and every time she holds people accountable she's always tried to privately first, multiple times. Slumflower has done everything publically without trying to solve it privately and it's all over her book and not anything to do with everyone else she's dragging? I dunno, but I think it's different sharing DMs from white people who are harassing you in your inbox V holding someone accountable after they've been ripping (marginalised and otherwise) people apart and inciting pile one since beginning of December? I also noticed how Aja said she has been personally hurt by this situation, and her friend know how but she can't say publicly.... Slumflower seems to have hurt a lot of ppl and her own community too

Reactions: 4
Does she? I've followed her for years and every time she holds people accountable she's always tried to privately first, multiple times. Slumflower has done everything publically without trying to solve it privately and it's all over her book and not anything to do with everyone else she's dragging? I dunno, but I think it's different sharing DMs from white people who are harassing you in your inbox V holding someone accountable after they've been ripping (marginalised and otherwise) people apart and inciting pile one since beginning of December? I also noticed how Aja said she has been personally hurt by this situation, and her friend know how but she can't say publicly.... Slumflower seems to have hurt a lot of ppl and her own community too
That's not what I've seen. On an almost weekly basis Aja is involved in (or makes up) some drama and it isn't always about white people in her DMs. She instigates pile ons by weaponising her following to drag people down she doesn't like. I've followed her for years and seen how she does this repeatedly. Sometimes people deserve being called out, other times it's Aja just wanted to see someone suffer because she doesn't like them.

Aja might say that she's personally been hurt by this but like HOW? Because she's not showing any receipts. Nobody even mentioned her until she got herself involved. It seems to me like she's jumped into the drama because it can benefit her (that's how she's grown her following). Literally nobody was asking for her opinion and if people really were in her DMs asking (where's the proof?) she could easily ignore and block them. She doesn't have to publicly say anything, she wants to because it means the attention will be on her.

It seems implied that Chidera was using slurs against other BIPOC women in DMs is there any evidence of that?

Whole thing is a mess to me!
it's a total mess!

If people are going to publicly imply stuff - like saying slurs were used or they were persoally affected by Slunflower - then people need to start showing their recipts instead of vagually alluding to it. Either talk about this situation and what's actually happening or don't. People love the attention it's bringing them. Is this really about "justice" or is it just circle jerk insta drama???

Reactions: 6
I was trying to find Chidera’s tweets about women’s obligation to wear makeup and scrolled past this of her dissecting a man’s response to her on Hinge 🤦🏼‍♀️
Wtf!? She thinks is broke coz he suggested they shouldn’t go to a pretentious bar? Would suggest he is either taking the mickey or is just tight.

it's a total mess!

If people are going to publicly imply stuff - like saying slurs were used or they were persoally affected by Slunflower - then people need to start showing their recipts instead of vagually alluding to it. Either talk about this situation and what's actually happening or don't. People love the attention it's bringing them. Is this really about "justice" or is it just circle jerk insta drama???
Could also be people wanting to acknowledge what is happening but don’t really want to divulge too much for fear of the repercussions on slumflower.

Reactions: 5
If this is indeed the case then I do not understand why CE has targeted FG primarily and not the publisher because in this instance they are the common denominator.
ironically I think it’s actually a bit to do with sexism. One young woman for the most part is a much easier target than a company with no blatant figurehead.

it's a total mess!

I do agree though with this - no point in people mentioning slurs about other POC if there isn’t any proof.

ironically I think it’s actually a bit to do with sexism. One young woman for the most part is a much easier target than a company with no blatant figurehead.
Possibly the case - she is easier to tarnish than a faceless company.

Reactions: 2
That's not what I've seen. On an almost weekly basis Aja is involved in (or makes up) some drama and it isn't always about white people in her DMs. She instigates pile ons by weaponising her following to drag people down she doesn't like. I've followed her for years and seen how she does this repeatedly. Sometimes people deserve being called out, other times it's Aja just wanted to see someone suffer because she doesn't like them.

Aja might say that she's personally been hurt by this but like HOW? Because she's not showing any receipts. Nobody even mentioned her until she got herself involved. It seems to me like she's jumped into the drama because it can benefit her (that's how she's grown her following). Literally nobody was asking for her opinion and if people really were in her DMs asking (where's the proof?) she could easily ignore and block them. She doesn't have to publicly say anything, she wants to because it means the attention will be on her.
I don't know who she is - never followed her or really heard of her (except for when influencers post her stuff to be #woke and people mention that on here)

BUT, she was in a room on clubhouse about influencer culture (she was't on the panel or anything but raised her hand to speak) and started to bang on about her self and what she's doing as far as not working with problematic clothing brands etc. She went on for a good few minutes before someone piped up and said that the discussion wasn't meant to be about individuals, but the collective more generally.

So I was surprised to see her recent tweets about individualism etc. because she'd literally been called out for this a few days earlier...

Can someone refresh my mind on how she’s pulled back on the fact she provided a direct endorsement on FG’s book?

Reactions: 2
Can someone refresh my mind on how she’s pulled back on the fact she provided a direct endorsement on FG’s book?
Apparently her endorsement was for FGs artwork and about Florence in general and because she was excited for the book to be released so she could read it and support.

Reactions: 5
it's a total mess!

New to posting (but as the name suggests I’ve been keeping an eye on this thread). I had actually seen where Chidera used a slur against Munro so here’s the screenshot for y’all. It’s saved in Chidera’s highlight ‘White Violence’

Attachments

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
New to posting (but as the name suggests I’ve been keeping an eye on this thread). I had actually seen where Chidera used a slur against Munro so here’s the screenshot for y’all. It’s saved in Chidera’s highlight ‘White Violence’
Thanks for sharing this. That's pretty horrific. Still not sure why Aja decided to insert herself into this drama though?

Jesus, posting all that about Munroe and then right at the bottom saying “but don’t send her abuse!” Shocking then and shocking rereading it.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
After everything Munroe has been through and she calls her that?? Horrible girl

Reactions: 8
@snarkvark

this may answer why Aja has become involved in the situation . This tweet sounds as though Chidera has been messaging Aja..

I just googled what a time to be alone ( didn’t use Chideras name at all) and all I get in the search engine is Chideras books and information about Chidera.. No sign of anything related to FG at all.

Attachments

Last edited:
@snarkvark

this may answer why Aja has become involved in the situation . This tweet sounds as though Chidera has been messaging Aja..

I just googled what a time to be alone ( didn’t use Chideras name at all) and all I get in the search engine is Chideras books and information about Chidera.. No sign of anything related to FG at all.
Ok but like, there's literally no reason to publicly get involved? Ignore and block people demanding she says something. It's that simple. She doesn't need to get involved at all, this isn't about her in any way. Aja LOVES getting involved because it puts all the attention on her.

If people would just ignore Slumflower, this tit would die down. But there internet loves drama. They could all be focusing on stuff that actually matters instead they're fighting on the internet.

Reactions: 7
Ok but like, there's literally no reason to publicly get involved? Ignore and block people demanding she says something. It's that simple. She doesn't need to get involved at all, this isn't about her in any way. Aja LOVES getting involved because it puts all the attention on her.

If people would just ignore Slumflower, this tit would die down. But there internet loves drama. They could all be focusing on stuff that actually matters instead they're fighting on the internet.
She's not the only one tbh - keeps things spicy for a lot of people lol

• Haha
I do think it’s good someone is speaking up and publicly condemning Chideras behaviour though. I mean I wouldn’t expect anyone to do it nor would I slide in anyone DMs and ask them to but I’m glad someone is.

Edit just to add, it’s probably good to see someone speaking another side so these white women that are sending loads of money to “rid themselves of guilt” should see why that’s not a good idea

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Lol Aja is fully indirecting this thread 😂 hey girllll 👋

But honestly if you're gonna choose to become a public figure and speak publicly on a public situation... you can't get salty when the public discuss it 😂😂😂

I think it's important that Chidera is debunked publicly because she chose to bring this whole mess into a public forum to start with, resulting in a massive pile-on at Florence's expense, and funds being sent to undeserving causes (i.e. CE and LBG's bank accounts as opposed to Black Minds Matter or literally any other Black charity), and thousands of white followers thinking they've "done the work" as a result. The consequences of Chidera's misappropriation of progressive political language for personal gain absolutely needs to be called out publicly and the contributing forces examined, bc the negative consequences of her actions (including, sadly, negative consequences for Black communities) reach far and wide.

TLDR it's a public situation so everyone has the right to discuss it publicly, even if we don't have a blue tick by our name 😂 and it's surely better than harassing people via DMs.

Attachments

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.