Chidera Eggerue aka The Slumflower

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That woman just shared the DM slumflower sent her...dont even know what to say šŸ˜‚ hopefully its in the right order
Loooool this woman handled it like a BOSS

Its that thing:

"Thats too long to read.... Congrats tho, or sorry that happened"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I mean... any bets if sheā€™s been sending similar to people on DB roster like Megan & Gina & Munroe? If so, no wonder theyā€™re not saying anything.
She must have really pissed people off even prior to this if certain people arenā€™t in your corner. Aja Barber really sticks up for people so I feel like there must be something behind her not doing it for Chidera, even before she got pissed with Chidera for how she was being to Munroe.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Lordy, this has been a wild ride!
Iā€™ve only started following chidera and FG since this whole thing blew up (popcorn in hand)
I donā€™t know what to make of it all, but it seemed odd to be calling FG a copy cat when ā€œdump himā€ has been a thing since like the 70ā€™s bra burners?!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
It also annoys me that people like Chidera criticise FG for ā€˜thinking she made up the dump him sloganā€™ when she literally acknowledges in her book that she got the inspiration from that iconic picture of Britney šŸ˜‚

• Heart
Reactions: 7
wow. I get that she basically took an existing idea and made it "mainstream" but i'm completely on theslumflowers side here.. and if you're not a black woman that hasn't been oppressed in this way then you shouldn't be commenting because you will never understand what it feels like. this chante babe is disgusting for contributing to bullying her. All the black people jumping in to be captain save-a-witch on behalf of Florence is honestly pathetic. Chante could of waited to do this at another time but because she sees it's trending and could possibly get some clout she decided to go in for the kill Shame on you chante!! at the end of the day the sex workers didn't come up with the saggy boobs matter phrase so they can't really say they invented theslumflowers persona per se.

Yes some of the past behaviours from theslumflower is weird/questionable and she shouldn't be asking for "all the money" (she's not thinking straight because she's hurt) but guess what, that doesn't mean she is wrong in this instance. She isn't wrong here and she isn't acting unreasonable at all!! SHE IS HURTING and is clearly lashing out on social media, but how can you blame her when everyone is turning their back on her. People are purposefully making it seem as though she's crazy just like they did to Monroe simply because she's black.

If you have never understood white privilege/colourism and/or are confused by these terms OPEN YOUR EYES BECAUSE IT IS RIGHT HERE IN FRONT OF YOU!! IT IS HAPPENING IN THIS "DRAMA" a black woman is hurt, rightfully so and is being told she is crazy, problematic and "taking it way too far" her past is being brought up to invalidate her argument by people of her own race when she is actually in the right!! Her past is irrelevant here she is just asking for justice this is so disgusting I feel for her, I really do!!

ahh of course one of you tattlers just haaaddd to bring in the "psycho/psychosis" comment, probably a white woman. Stop calling black women crazy for being upset. Black women are allowed to be angry or sad without having "something wrong with their mental health". This is so so so so disgusting honestly none of you will never know what it's like until it has actually happened to you so calling her all these names is really shameful. You should be ashamed of yourselves!!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
firstly i can see that youre on the lydia millen thread saying that her KNEES annoy you EVEN THOUGH you think she has an eating disorder?! imagine coming online to make fun of another womans body who you suspect of suffering with an ED and then coming onto this thread on your high horse.

secondly have you actually read what these people are saying on twitter? its really not about them ā€˜savingā€™florence given. in fact i imagine none of them particularly care for her.what theyre talking about is their own issues with Chidera and her behaviour which is what people do when someones in the news. if someone has shown you questionable behaviour and you think theyre behaving questionably right now then of course youre going to say something.

also its disingenuous to say the accusations about chidera stealing from sex workers is about ā€˜saggy boobsā€™. its about way more than that maybe have a look at what those people have said also.

at the end of the day this is a gossip site where people come to vent their opinions just like you have done on other threads. if you feel so strongly about chidera then start a rave thread or maybe just dont read this one? we are all allowed to have different opinions but coming on here like that isnt about to persuade people to see things differently.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
ā€œOne of you tattlersā€ lol if you also post on tattle then you need to take some accountability for yourself before you make yourself look silly.

to be honest I find it surprising that Chidera is even heralded as one of the modern voices of feminism since it seems kind of clear that she only wants to elevate her own voice. For someone trying to bring down structural racism sheā€™s so pointedly angry at individual people who probably werenā€™t the ones making decisions that supposedly stood on chideras toes

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Glad to see a thread - saw this unfold in real time and it was shocking!

Was anyone in that Clubhouse room?

ps being black women doesnā€™t automatically absolve us from criticism. šŸ¤·šŸ¾ā€ā™€ļø

• Heart
Reactions: 23

ps being black women doesnā€™t automatically absolve us from criticism. šŸ¤·šŸ¾ā€ā™€ļø
literally only found out what Clubhouse even was this morning but apparently like 3.5k people were all chatting about her and she was there in the CH room?

She mustā€™ve burned a lot of bridges. Idk what they were saying though.

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Iā€™ve also been watching it all unfold in real time...
I was in the clubhouse towards the end so I didnā€™t hear the whole thing, honestly it didnā€™t seem like online bullying the way itā€™s being portrayed by some people. Chidera has been sending abusive messages to a lot of people and people were basically sharing what had been said to them by her, I donā€™t think that is bullying, yes her reputation is being ruined but itā€™s also being made more accurate in my opinion? People are only stating facts, if she doesnā€™t want this behaviour shared perhaps she should not send such horrible messages.

One of the women she sent an abusive message to invited Chidera to speak in the clubhouse and they were all agreeing they would all mute to make sure she had the space to defend herself properly and say what she needed to but she chose not to and then started tweeting about the same woman and tagging her employer.

I agree we shouldnā€™t be questioning psychosis, but I think she is behaving irrationally. I donā€™t see how she is so confident she is in the right when literally soooo many people are telling her sheā€™s causing harm, literally she needs to take a step back and reflect and to stop tweeting until she can respond in a way that shows accountability.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
wow. I get that she basically took an existing idea and made it "mainstream" but i'm completely on theslumflowers side here.. and if you're not a black woman that hasn't been oppressed in this way then you shouldn't be commenting because you will never understand what it feels like. this chante babe is disgusting for contributing to bullying her. All the black people jumping in to be captain save-a-witch on behalf of Florence is honestly pathetic. Chante could of waited to do this at another time but because she sees it's trending and could possibly get some clout she decided to go in for the kill Shame on you chante!! at the end of the day the sex workers didn't come up with the saggy boobs matter phrase so they can't really say they invented theslumflowers persona per se.

Yes some of the past behaviours from theslumflower is weird/questionable and she shouldn't be asking for "all the money" (she's not thinking straight because she's hurt) but guess what, that doesn't mean she is wrong in this instance. She isn't wrong here and she isn't acting unreasonable at all!! SHE IS HURTING and is clearly lashing out on social media, but how can you blame her when everyone is turning their back on her. People are purposefully making it seem as though she's crazy just like they did to Monroe simply because she's black.

If you have never understood white privilege/colourism and/or are confused by these terms OPEN YOUR EYES BECAUSE IT IS RIGHT HERE IN FRONT OF YOU!! IT IS HAPPENING IN THIS "DRAMA" a black woman is hurt, rightfully so and is being told she is crazy, problematic and "taking it way too far" her past is being brought up to invalidate her argument by people of her own race when she is actually in the right!! Her past is irrelevant here she is just asking for justice this is so disgusting I feel for her, I really do!!

ahh of course one of you tattlers just haaaddd to bring in the "psycho/psychosis" comment, probably a white woman. Stop calling black women crazy for being upset. Black women are allowed to be angry or sad without having "something wrong with their mental health". This is so so so so disgusting honestly none of you will never know what it's like until it has actually happened to you so calling her all these names is really shameful. You should be ashamed of yourselves!!!

Hun this is a gossip forum, go air your grievances on Florence's thread if you're on the Slumflower's side x

• Heart
Reactions: 13

I brought up did we think sheā€™s having a breakdown - Iā€™m mixed race. Am I allowed to express my opinion on wild harassing behaviour now? šŸ¤”

But your long rant did make me laugh - did Chidera send you here direct?

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I brought up did we think sheā€™s having a breakdown - Iā€™m mixed race. Am I allowed to express my opinion on wild harassing behaviour now? šŸ¤”

But your long rant did make me laugh - did Chidera send you here direct?
I said previously about this sounding like some sort of psychosis or breakdown. Iā€™ve seen people go through this and they literally will not stop for hours, the emotion and energy doesnā€™t die down naturally with our energy, it just keeps going and going.

That comment has absolutely nothing to do with race, I can say that about anyone, whatever race or gender, it is behaviour that is important in this instance.

I hope she is surrounded by people who help her keep a level head and go about these things professionally, not tear everyone down brutally, not tear down other women, other black women.

With each tweet and far reaching request, FG and diving Bell look less and less stupid in my opinion, which Iā€™m sure is not Chideras intention.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
The thing that gets me about Chidera is that she keeps using the word "reparations" and making references to slavery... but she's a Nigerian Igbo woman who is not in any way descended from slaves (to my knowledge). This isn't at all to say that she's not on the receiving end of racism or white supremacy - of course, nobody stops to ask a Black person "but are you descended from slaves tho?" before mistreating them. And of course, the white supremacist mindset categorises all Black people as subhuman chattel deserving of enslavement. But to appropriate the language of a specific struggle that she and her ancestors have likely never been through is so disingenuous, it really just rubs me the wrong way.

She has never spoken on her ancestral connection to slavery (not saying she has to), but that means we literally don't know her ancestors' relation to the trade - many Black African families were actually the ones selling people into slavery and built their family wealth that way which future generations continue to benefit from (again, not an accusation on Chidera). It wouldn't even be worth me saying this if she didn't continually create this "them and us" dichotomy with her posts, erasing the difference between the African-American/ Afro-Carribean experience and that of African nationals, and using someone else's suffering to magnify the optics of her own. I feel like she thinks no one is going to put two and two together and notice her misappropriating this struggle as though it were hers??

Happy to be challenged on this, just the immediate thoughts that spring to mind.

Do you know what, I've just found some tweets from Jason Okundaye that put it way better and more succinctly than I ever could. Seems like Chidera flipped her lid at him for having the ~~audacity~~ to say what many were thinking.

Her Twitter supporters are now saying people are getting hung up on one word, but it's not really "just one word" when it's the one thing that Chidera claims will make her drop the entire campaign against Florence, is it? She literally said "I don't want to cancel her, all she has to do is pay me reparations and I'll go away.". So yeah, it's pretty important to establish that CE is not owed ANY reparations, because she is not from an enslaved family - and if she wants compensation for the supposed violation of her intellectual property, she will have to go down the legal route like anyone else.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.