Chidera Eggerue aka The Slumflower

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can you bleeping read? I’m not on a high horse here I just stated facts. Awwww did the facts trigger you sweetie? Lmaooo stop stalking me you creep but Did you actually read the full post on the Lydia thread I clearly said I feel bad for even saying this and there’s a massive difference between bullying and calling someone out you pathetic piece of tit. How can you compare the two? Lydia bullied a PREGNANT WOMAN and makes fun of peoples weight herself you IDIOT when it comes to calling out a narrssastic person like Lydia and defending a black woman that’s hurting unfortunately your argument doesn’t hold any ground. Also you completely misunderstood my saggy boob, please come with a better argument if you’re going to address me again 😴😴

What makes me laugh is when mixed race women open their mouth to talk on black issues like they’ve ever understood 🤣🤣🤣🤣 that’s what is hilarious to me. “Did it make you feel better” spoken like a true mixed race bully 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 thanks for proving my point little miss curly hair! Being mixed race doesn’t make you BLACK so you will NEVER understand gaslighting when it comes to race. No she didn’t send me here I’m seeing a black woman hurting and naturally AS A BLACK WOMAN (something you’re not so I don’t expect you to get it 😂😂😂😂) I wanted to speak up and say stop the “she’s a crazy person talk” because it’s not okay, this happens to black women all the time silenced and villainised but you wouldn’t get that because of your privilege being mixed race and all.

I’m not a fan so I don’t need to start a rave about her thread. I’m just disgusted to witness somebody get bullied and then having people play the “oh she’s a crazy person card” like we see white people do all the time.
Yo this is fully not cool, you raise some valid points but there is no reason to tell a mixed race person they ain't black, we can have a conversation about colourism if you want which is absolutely a valid convo worth having, but being hostile towards someone and denying their Black identity bc they're mixed race is fully not on.

We get what you're saying about black women being unfairly portrayed as crazy, you've made your point, move on. Smh.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Can you bleeping read? I’m not on a high horse here I just stated facts. Awwww did the facts trigger you sweetie? Lmaooo stop stalking me you creep but Did you actually read the full post on the Lydia thread I clearly said I feel bad for even saying this and there’s a massive difference between bullying and calling someone out you pathetic piece of tit. How can you compare the two? Lydia bullied a PREGNANT WOMAN and makes fun of peoples weight herself you IDIOT when it comes to calling out a narrssastic person like Lydia and defending a black woman that’s hurting unfortunately your argument doesn’t hold any ground. Also you completely misunderstood my saggy boob, please come with a better argument if you’re going to address me again 😴😴
Hope youre ok x

Reactions: 9

What makes me laugh is when mixed race women open their mouth to talk on black issues like they’ve ever understood 🤣🤣🤣🤣 that’s what is hilarious to me. “Did it make you feel better” spoken like a true mixed race bully 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 thanks for proving my point little miss curly hair! Being mixed race doesn’t make you BLACK so you will NEVER understand gaslighting when it comes to race. No she didn’t send me here I’m seeing a black woman hurting and naturally AS A BLACK WOMAN (something you’re not so I don’t expect you to get it 😂😂😂😂) I wanted to speak up and say stop the “she’s a crazy person talk” because it’s not okay, this happens to black women all the time silenced and villainised but you wouldn’t get that because of your privilege being mixed race and all.

I’m not a fan so I don’t need to start a rave about her thread. I’m just disgusted to witness somebody get bullied and then having people play the “oh she’s a crazy person card” like we see white people do all the time.
Woah. I totally get you’re hurting and upset too, and you do make very good points about black women easily being labelled mentally unstable/angry that is absolutely true but surely there’s room for context here? Chidera has made very good points herself in regards to the publishing industry and you’ll see people saying this in the Florence thread but she herself has been going into peoples dms and threatening others, and threatening other black women? She also compared theft to rape. That is not okay. She doesn’t get to be above criticism because she’s black. And to deny a mixed race person her identity and tell her she’s not black is problematic in itself.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Yo this is fully not cool, you raise some valid points but there is no reason to tell a mixed race person they ain't black, we can have a conversation about colourism if you want which is absolutely a valid convo worth having, but being hostile towards someone and denying their Black identity bc they're mixed race is fully not on.

We get what you're saying about black women being unfairly portrayed as crazy, you've made your point, move on. Smh.
Someone proper hurt her man 😂😂is she ok because she seems majority triggered through a conversation we all seem to be having.

I love being told I’m not black enough, AM I CLASSED AS WHITE THOUGH 🤔🤔👀👀? Imagine showing yourself to be a major bigot.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Someone proper hurt her man 😂😂is she ok because she seems majority triggered through a conversation we all seem to be having.

I love being told I’m not black enough, AM I CLASSED AS WHITE THOUGH 🤔🤔👀👀? Imagine showing yourself to be a major bigot.
She seems to have gone now, not sure if she deleted by herself or if she got removed when I reported her lol. Sorry you had to be on the receiving end of that bigotry, hope you are okay ❤ no one knows your identity better than you!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
thank god they're gone jeez.

Hopefully removed by a mod as I reported them too. Hope everyone that was targeted in that rant is doing alright!

Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 15.41.27.png

I'm actually doing courses in Advocacy and let me tell you it is not demanding someone stop publishing and demanding all or most of the royalties. That is not effective advocacy in the slightest and will get you no where.

• Haha
Reactions: 10

Hopefully removed by a mod as I reported them too. Hope everyone that was targeted in that rant is doing alright!

View attachment 378470

I'm actually doing courses in Advocacy and let me tell you it is not demanding someone stop publishing and demanding all or most of the royalties. That is not effective advocacy in the slightest and will get you no where.
We’re all good - honestly, we all seem to be able to have grown up conversations and ask questions without incoherent rants and race gatekeeping. I shouldn’t comment as a black woman but I’m not a black woman because I’m half white? Barak Obama as the first black president was a bleeping lie then 😂😂
None of us need to read Chidera 2.0 rants on how we are all wrong.

Did she respond to Jason’s tweets about reparations? 👀

• Heart
Reactions: 8

View attachment 378470

LMAO this is so typical of Chidera, she has absolutely 0 experience with advocacy, has never been educated or trained on the subject, has one experience where she tries (and massively fails) to advocate effectively for herself and now she feels ready to sell her secrets and profit from her non-existent skills and experience in the field 🙃🙃 I also work in a field where I advocate for clients both individually and at a policy level - and let me tell you I will not be taking any tips for Chidera unless she frames it as an example of what not to do!! 😂

We’re all good - honestly, we all seem to be able to have grown up conversations and ask questions without incoherent rants and race gatekeeping. I shouldn’t comment as a black woman but I’m not a black woman because I’m half white? Barak Obama as the first black president was a bleeping lie then 😂😂
None of us need to read Chidera 2.0 rants on how we are all wrong.

Did she respond to Jason’s tweets about reparations? 👀
Glad to hear it! ❤

And yeah, first of all she said he couldn't get hung up on the word "reparations", and now she's retweeting a Black dominatrix who takes "reparations" payments from white subs, as evidence that you don't need to be descended from slaves to be owed reparations...... right 🙄

Someone else on Twitter has rightfully pointed out that that narrative ignores the giant elephant in the room that is the white guy literally jacking off over the racial aspect of the exchange lmao. Is that seriously how we're expecting reparations to be paid???

Not only that but I'm sorry if you have, for example, one person who is Black African whose family profited from selling other Black folk into slavery, vs a Black American or Caribbean person whose ancestors had any generational wealth stripped from them and were forced into chattel slavery for hundreds of years.... you can bet the first person will have had to overcome a LOT less societal/ class barriers and absolutely should NOT be in receipt of reparations that were destined for descendants of freed slaves!! It's so disgusting that people are trying to cashgrab from a struggle that does not belong to them, purely because they share a skin colour!!

Attachments

Reactions: 6
it can’t be reparations if she’s participating in fetish play in order to get financial reward, ffs 😐 getting reparations like has been said, wouldn’t involve a white man wanking off 😐

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I’m not on Twitter so major thanks for the screenshots 👏🏼👏🏼

Fully concur that sex/fetish work is a reparation, it’s transactional, you get money for providing a service even if it humiliation and degradation to men. Sometimes I have to question if I’m being bleeping stupid against some of these narratives 🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’m not on Twitter so major thanks for the screenshots 👏🏼👏🏼

Fully concur that sex/fetish work is a reparation, it’s transactional, you get money for providing a service even if it humiliation and degradation to men. Sometimes I have to question if I’m being bleeping stupid against some of these narratives 🤔
Exactly. Even without getting into a debate on the feminist ethics of sex work, it amounts to "work for your reparations". Like, the clue's in the name - sex WORK. Lmao 😂

And you're welcome for the screenshots haha!

Hope it’s ok I pull up a chair - as I said I don’t know anything about this situation between CE/FG or DB. I follow Aja / Munroe on IG and I do recall seeing stories that didn’t seem to make any sense at the time but now they do ( after what I have seen). Not sure what to make of LBG either - from the ( very little I have read ) it seems she is capitalising on resharing stories - I wonder if she has taken this from Aja who has regularly mentioned she should be paid for her content ( difference being that Aja has a Patreon account). This work should be paid for as its Aja writing articles / making podcasts and sharing her recommendations on sustainable plus size fashion brands. LBG doesn’t offer anything similar and I think it’s a pisstake to ask people to donate just because you have shared a story. Just had another thought actually - this is something that seems to happen on TikTok with some success. Wonder if she has also got the idea from seeing others do this.

With regards to CE - I don’t have either of her books so I can’t compare but I do have FG book which to me seems to be generic ideas that have been bandied around for the last few decades. There isn’t anything groundbreaking. This to me suggests CE books are similar ( in terms of what the book content is ) .

The argument seems to be two fold. 1- she has beef with FG and 2 - The publisher are not doing enough for BLM / and not pushing her books enough. It also seems to me that CE is not reacting to the situation and is lashing out at all and sundry in particular the black community for not having her back when she thinks they should be. Except that she hasn’t accepted that the people she thinks should have her back can make their own mind up about a situation and they think she is possibly over reacting. Therefore they don’t side with her.

I can see why CE feels angry and hurt about the situation ( especially given the media’s tendency to favour white / thin and pretty blonde haired females as well as the white algorithm ). Her feelings are valid about this however it could just be that perhaps people didn’t respond as positively to the second book? ( maybe they didn’t like the blurb on the back and felt they may not want to read the book). Mixed in with the rise of FG IG account ( like I said I only heard of her in 2020) and came across her through another account and then of course the release of her book which no doubt also increased her popularity and the book sales. So all this in turn has left CE feeling a bit disappointed and also left out?

ETA - asking for FG to withdraw the book or give 70% of the profits is OTT though. If CE is truly disgruntled and thinks she has a case then it needs to go through the courts.It’s not trial by SM.

• Heart
I wonder if she has taken this from Aja who has regularly mentioned she should be paid for her content ( difference being that Aja has a Patreon account). This work should be paid for as its Aja writing articles / making podcasts and sharing her recommendations on sustainable plus size fashion brands. LBG doesn’t offer anything similar and I think it’s a pisstake to ask people to donate just because you have shared a story.

Literally no one is asking Aja to do this though. I find her demanding she gets paid for her ~emotional labour~ when she CHOOSES to insert herslef into other people's comment sections and direct messages ludicrous. That's not work AT ALL. Aja is always ranting in her Stories and then yelling about how draining it is for her to do this so people should pay her. Then don't do it then! Nobody is asking you to! If she wants to get paid for her "work" she could write a book (the likelihood is no publisher is interested in her rants).

I wish there was a thread for Aja! (Hi aja 👋 I know you'll be reading this)

Reactions: 12
I'm reading sections of How to Get Over a Boy that I can find online such as in the "look inside" bit on Amazon and while the tone of voice it is written in is quite nice and very easily read (I think that is a good thing can't bear writing that forces to you have one hand on a dictionary the entire time) I think a lot of the ideas and concepts in it are underdeveloped and under researched.

For example in a section where she is talking about beauty acceptance she writes:
"This is incredibly subjective according to the culture you belong to, and beauty standards differ around the world. For example, in Eastern Nigeria large foreheads and a gap between the two front teeth are massive signifiers of beauty and femininity. In Northern Thailand, Kayan women are seen as more beautiful the more gold rings they have around their necks, because neck stretching is a major element of the culture there. Whilst in America, the UK and the majority of the colonised Western Hemisphere, beauty is light-skinned, blonde haired and slim"

She then goes on to say that while there is no single global standard for beauty the Western ideal has spread and that women the world over are brought up measuring themselves against beauty standards and frequently it ends up being the western ones. She talks about people skin bleaching directly after this.

Now I'm not going to deny that western beauty ideals are extremely pervasive. But I do think it is ignorant that there is not one mention of class in this section and how class both separate from race and intertwined with it has a huge impact on what we understand to be beautiful in any society.
Sure plenty of people bleach their skin to conform to a twisted ideal that "whiteness" is more desireable than darker skin. But are we really going to forget that the desire for paler skin has existed in every society to indicate those of higher born status who did not have to work outside on the land doing hard labour?

I also think it's a bit reductive to say that the western beauty ideal is "light-skinned blonde haired and slim" when slim and light skinned are beauty standards that exist literally the world over and have existed for many centuries with initially nothing to do with a colonisers ideal of beauty.

Lastly, aren't the Kayan tribes predominantly from Myanmar? I know they're in northern Thailand too but also in Vietnam. Pretty sure they mainly reside in Myanmar though

Reactions: 7
Hope it’s ok I pull up a chair - as I said I don’t know anything about this situation between CE/FG or DB. I follow Aja / Munroe on IG and I do recall seeing stories that didn’t seem to make any sense at the time but now they do ( after what I have seen). Not sure what to make of LBG either - from the ( very little I have read ) it seems she is capitalising on resharing stories - I wonder if she has taken this from Aja who has regularly mentioned she should be paid for her content ( difference being that Aja has a Patreon account). This work should be paid for as its Aja writing articles / making podcasts and sharing her recommendations on sustainable plus size fashion brands. LBG doesn’t offer anything similar and I think it’s a pisstake to ask people to donate just because you have shared a story. Just had another thought actually - this is something that seems to happen on TikTok with some success. Wonder if she has also got the idea from seeing others do this.

With regards to CE - I don’t have either of her books so I can’t compare but I do have FG book which to me seems to be generic ideas that have been bandied around for the last few decades. There isn’t anything groundbreaking. This to me suggests CE books are similar ( in terms of what the book content is ) .

The argument seems to be two fold. 1- she has beef with FG and 2 - The publisher are not doing enough for BLM / and not pushing her books enough. It also seems to me that CE is not reacting to the situation and is lashing out at all and sundry in particular the black community for not having her back when she thinks they should be. Except that she hasn’t accepted that the people she thinks should have her back can make their own mind up about a situation and they think she is possibly over reacting. Therefore they don’t side with her.

I can see why CE feels angry and hurt about the situation ( especially given the media’s tendency to favour white / thin and pretty blonde haired females as well as the white algorithm ). Her feelings are valid about this however it could just be that perhaps people didn’t respond as positively to the second book? ( maybe they didn’t like the blurb on the back and felt they may not want to read the book). Mixed in with the rise of FG IG account ( like I said I only heard of her in 2020) and came across her through another account and then of course the release of her book which no doubt also increased her popularity and the book sales. So all this in turn has left CE feeling a bit disappointed and also left out?

ETA - asking for FG to withdraw the book or give 70% of the profits is OTT though. If CE is truly disgruntled and thinks she has a case then it needs to go through the courts.It’s not trial by SM.
Completely agree with everything said here, you articulated it perfectly! The hottest of takes

Reactions: 7
Literally no one is asking Aja to do this though. I find her demanding she gets paid for her ~emotional labour~ when she CHOOSES to insert herslef into other people's comment sections and direct messages ludicrous. That's not work AT ALL. Aja is always ranting in her Stories and then yelling about how draining it is for her to do this so people should pay her. Then don't do it then! Nobody is asking you to! If she wants to get paid for her "work" she could write a book (the likelihood is no publisher is interested in her rants).

I wish there was a thread for Aja! (Hi aja 👋 I know you'll be reading this)
I have mixed feelings about Aja. I find her quite difficult to follow and agree about the ranting being tiresome. On the positive side I follow her on patroen and the stuff she posts is informative and I think it’s worth paying for as she shares different content to what she posts on SM. I have learned quite a lot about sustainable fashion and some of the shady practices which if im honest I wouldn’t have bothered to look for. On the downside I also find her to be somewhat abrasive and a white person hater ( which is conflicting given she is married to a white man). I try to understand her rants from her perspective and I accept she probably does need to have boundaries to protect herself from racist comments.

I have thought about unfollowing her on and off since I started following her last year but tbh I carry on following her because she makes me address my own lack of boundaries which tbh I hadn’t ever considered as well how I think about topics.

I think a lot of the ideas and concepts in it are underdeveloped and under researched.
Exactly, it's a lot of stating things as fact, failing to reference or substantiate the claims, and then failing to develop the ideas or add anything new/ of value. Which is typical of influencer books, but also the reason why it's SO ridiculous Chidera is kicking up a stink about plagiarism.

If she understood anything about writing, she'd understand how referencing other authors books works. Does she seriously think everyone who ever wrote any piece of non-fiction came up with every single idea by themselves? Does she even believe she did that with her own works?

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Best explanation so far. I think you’re right it’s because her second book wasn’t as well received but I think the publishing house made the wrong move trying to make them release a book in the same year they should of had one in 2021 instead

• Heart
I'm reading sections of How to Get Over a Boy that I can find online such as in the "look inside" bit on Amazon and while the tone of voice it is written in is quite nice and very easily read (I think that is a good thing can't bear writing that forces to you have one hand on a dictionary the entire time) I think a lot of the ideas and concepts in it are underdeveloped and under researched.

For example in a section where she is talking about beauty acceptance she writes:
"This is incredibly subjective according to the culture you belong to, and beauty standards differ around the world. For example, in Eastern Nigeria large foreheads and a gap between the two front teeth are massive signifiers of beauty and femininity. In Northern Thailand, Kayan women are seen as more beautiful the more gold rings they have around their necks, because neck stretching is a major element of the culture there. Whilst in America, the UK and the majority of the colonised Western Hemisphere, beauty is light-skinned, blonde haired and slim"

She then goes on to say that while there is no single global standard for beauty the Western ideal has spread and that women the world over are brought up measuring themselves against beauty standards and frequently it ends up being the western ones. She talks about people skin bleaching directly after this.

Now I'm not going to deny that western beauty ideals are extremely pervasive. But I do think it is ignorant that there is not one mention of class in this section and how class both separate from race and intertwined with it has a huge impact on what we understand to be beautiful in any society.
Sure plenty of people bleach their skin to conform to a twisted ideal that "whiteness" is more desireable than darker skin. But are we really going to forget that the desire for paler skin has existed in every society to indicate those of higher born status who did not have to work outside on the land doing hard labour?

I also think it's a bit reductive to say that the western beauty ideal is "light-skinned blonde haired and slim" when slim and light skinned are beauty standards that exist literally the world over and have existed for many centuries with initially nothing to do with a colonisers ideal of beauty.

Lastly, aren't the Kayan tribes predominantly from Myanmar? I know they're in northern Thailand too but also in Vietnam. Pretty sure they mainly reside in Myanmar though
Exactly, it's a lot of stating things as fact, failing to reference or substantiate the claims, and then failing to develop the ideas or add anything new/ of value. Which is typical of influencer books, but also the reason why it's SO ridiculous Chidera is kicking up a stink about plagiarism.

If she understood anything about writing, she'd understand how referencing other authors books works. Does she seriously think everyone who ever wrote any piece of non-fiction came up with every single idea by themselves? Does she even believe she did that with her own works?
This doesn’t sound like she is telling people anything new at all. Just putting this into laymen’s terms if anything.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.