Chessie King #3 Coz she’s an attention seeking …

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I listened to this today! One thing that struck me was when she was talking about her wedding. How much it cost her. How annoyed she was that Mat didn't enjoy it.

And the end - the discussion about showing her kids face online. Em and Alex don't at all - Chessie does?! She shows side profiles, her eyes or parts of her daughters face. I feel she's trying to make out that she's protecting her daughter, but when she covers her face with an emoji, it's never full covered - maybe I'm being pedantic, but I don't think she can claim that she doesn't show her daughter online?!
Wow I haven’t listened but why didn’t Mat enjoy the wedding? Not surprised about how much it cost HER given it’s HER house…

Reactions: 9
Omg yes I listened today too! There was a comment about how she was shocked he didn’t enjoy the wedding SHE had paid for!

• Wow
Reactions: 11
And also because “Rae was 11 months old at the wedding, she was never meant to be there” so I guess he was stressing about her?

Reactions: 5
I honestly don’t know why I am listening to this podcast as I knew it would drive me mad. I’m only have way through but does she take no responsibility at all for any of the issues in her a marriage?! So far she is just blaming everything on Mat

Reactions: 13
Can she stop saying mat has postpartum depression? He can’t have PPD when he isn’t postpartum. He might have situational depression after having a baby but it’s not the same.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Are you able to give further information on this? I had never heard of it until Chessie started talking about it. I know the 'baby blues' and post-partum depression in females can be linked to hormone changes.

I'd just like to be educated on it, please?
Best place to read about it I’d say is on the Tommy’s website, or there’s a good (long) BBC article about it here https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20220601-male-postnatal-depression-why-men-struggle-in-silence

Reactions: 4
Can she stop saying mat has postpartum depression? He can’t have PPD when he isn’t postpartum. He might have situational depression after having a baby but it’s not the same.
I agree. It’s so un-PC to say it (and I have no doubt even on here I will be slated) but a large part of postpartum depression is the fluctuation in hormones, and the physical trauma the body has gone through. I have no doubt men can get depressed after the baby is born, and it can 100% be because of that situation, but it doesn’t make it postpartum/postnatal depression. It’s like when people say “WE are pregnant” - medically the woman is pregnant, not both of you. Saying men get postnatal depression is in my opinion insulting to the women who get postnatal depression.

Reactions: 17
Men can absolutely get paternal PPD
Depression caused by the scenario of having a baby and that upsetting your lifestyle is not the same as postPARTUM depression which is caused by a flux in hormones postnatally. Mat did not give birth, he was never postpartum, so he did not have PPD.

Let’s face it, in his case he was a man child who struggled with not being the no1 anymore hence chessies over the top repeating of how they need to go back to their care free pre rae days in order for their relationship to be successful.

Reactions: 11
To be fair to mat, he seemed to do a lot of the childcare in the early days. He’d show him doing cooking, doing the school runs, walking the dog. I know you only see part of it online but it seemed Chessie disappeared off whenever she liked for ‘work’ and the few times he went away she cried about having no support and ran to her parents.

To be fair to mat, he seemed to do a lot of the childcare in the early days. He’d show him doing cooking, doing the school runs, walking the dog. I know you only see part of it online but it seemed Chessie disappeared off whenever she liked for ‘work’ and the few times he went away she cried about having no support and ran to her parents.
Oh she is for sure exaggerating about how little he did! I actually felt bad for him, in that podcast she made it seem like she was a single parent. In reality she was almost never on her own when Rae was under 1, she’s just such a drama queen.

I listened to the podcast... Wish I hadn't.
Apparently Mat and her now call themselves the "marriage managers" and help all their friends with their marital issues.
The Dunning - Kruger effect is strong!

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I listened to the podcast... Wish I hadn't.
Apparently Mat and her now call themselves the "marriage managers" and help all their friends with their marital issues.
The Dunning - Kruger effect is strong!
this was the worst part for me too!

Like others said, they come across as deeply selfish and arrogant people… both clearly still want their gifted status to the Maldives and to spend time on their looks. Having a child is an even bigger shock to people like them.

they’ll have a second kid and split shortly after

this was the worst part for me too!

Like others said, they come across as deeply selfish and arrogant people… both clearly still want their gifted status to the Maldives and to spend time on their looks. Having a child is an even bigger shock to people like them.

they’ll have a second kid and split shortly after
I completely agree, they won’t be together in five years time.

Reactions: 8
In other words…. Any companies want to give me a free stay and I’ll ‘work’ from your hotel/airbnb and promote it for you.
IMG_0675.png

• Sick