Cheer - Netflix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All the stories were basically the same as well ‘grew up without money’ ‘we didn’t have much money growing up cheer was expensive my mum did all she could to let us do cheer’

Reactions: 7
Agree with most of you 😫 it just didn’t have the magic of series 1. I get it was hard because of covid but.. they just focussed on all the wrong things imo.

the fame has got to their heads. I wish it wasn’t as popular as it was, I don’t want to see episodes of them talking about dancing with the stars or selling videos. Maybe one episode covering it but not the whole season.

I didn’t feel attached to the team at all, I felt like I barely knew the routine or the members of the team. It was all so strange. After covid so many disappeared without mention of them again which I didn’t understand.

Monica should just stick to cheer coaching and stop posting on social media and trying to be famous.

Reactions: 12
I also hateddddd the way the routines were edited, especially at Daytona. Like let me watch the routine without all the weird editing please😭

• Heart
Reactions: 18
O
I also hateddddd the way the routines were edited, especially at Daytona. Like let me watch the routine without all the weird editing please😭
Omg I said the same to my partner! I was like I can’t even see what they’re doing?! Like I’m watching a cheer docu series because I want to see the routines! It was all just slow mo of their faces.

Also did anyone watch cheerleader nation? I knew I recognised cassadee and her mum! They were on there and her mum owned the gym.

Reactions: 4
O

Omg I said the same to my partner! I was like I can’t even see what they’re doing?! Like I’m watching a cheer docu series because I want to see the routines! It was all just slow mo of their faces.

Also did anyone watch cheerleader nation? I knew I recognised cassadee and her mum! They were on there and her mum owned the gym.
Yes! Cassadee has also been featured on Toddlers and Tiaras

• Wow
Reactions: 2
O

It was cheer perfection, one of the mums on there was arrested and sentenced to 10 years for sex offences. Andrea, she was kylies mum and ditsy and air headed on the show if I remember

• Wow
Reactions: 2
So I just finished ep 1 and I think even without COVID there would have been issues with the team members from Season 1. They are so clearly less focused on cheer that S1 and that's fine but it does come off as when things started to go wrong/get hard some of them would drop. I don't think Monica should have prioritised the returning ones esp like Gabi?? Why was she there?

Reactions: 3
The second series isn’t a patch on the first but is still worth a watch. I really liked how the first series gave a good insight into all the hard work put into cheerleading, whereas this series is more focused on their personal lives. The relationship between Cassadee and Gillian was sweet though.
It felt like so many things were left unanswered, people leaving etc but that was probably due to covid making it difficult to do follow up interviews perhaps.

Reactions: 8
Anyone started watching the new season yet? Only ten minutes in but already finding the dynamic between the new ‘celebrity’ members of the team and the ones in the background interesting!
Yes !! The Jerry issue is mentioned and he does feature in it but definitely not as much as last series. On episode 2 Gabi has returned!!

I’ve just finished and it wasn’t a patch on the 1st series but I still loved it. Really didn’t like TVCC though. And thought for them they just came across throughout all as thoroughly bitter.

Already hoping there will be a 3rd series and that Navarro get he title again!

I’ve just finished and it wasn’t a patch on the 1st series but I still loved it. Really didn’t like TVCC though. And thought for them they just came across throughout all as thoroughly bitter.

oh and any one else think the TVCC coach Khris reminds them of Coach from Ted Lasso?!?

Reactions: 6
Finished series 2 today! I enjoyed the latter half of the series better becuase I knew they'd all make it Daytona. And quite liked the addition of TVCC with seeing how another team are coached. However I do think there was so much going on this series (two schools, covid, covering the impact that series 1 had on the cast, what Jerry did etc) that it kind of lost direction at some points

Reactions: 4
O

Where can I find cheerleader nation?

Finished series 2 today! I enjoyed the latter half of the series better becuase I knew they'd all make it Daytona. And quite liked the addition of TVCC with seeing how another team are coached. However I do think there was so much going on this series (two schools, covid, covering the impact that series 1 had on the cast, what Jerry did etc) that it kind of lost direction at some points
I agree to your point about TVCC I loved seeing them perform and I felt so opposite to everyone else - I loved the rivalry and they were definitely going to win Daytona 2020 if it wasn't for Covid!

Reactions: 1

oh and any one else think the TVCC coach Khris reminds them of Coach from Ted Lasso?!?
yes, I immediately thought he looked like Coach Beard!!

Reactions: 1
As someone with zero cheer experience other than watching series 1 I enjoyed this series a lot but of course not as much as season 1. I think it would be nearly impossible to create a series even similar to that of the first one simply because of the popularity and traction it gained! It really highlights what happens when fame and money get involved. La’Darius acted out the entire series because it’s clear how much he loves Monica and just wants her adoration constantly. Whilst I like him I do feel as though he could be draining especially for someone like Monica who not only is a mother to her own children but is a mother figure to so many of her cheer team, to focus solely on him would be unfair. He also desperately wanted her to chose him as a coach rather than Kailee despite the fact he was in the team, so couldn’t also be a coach. I found TVCC soooo unlikeable, particularly the coach Vontae and the new boys however that may just be clever editing. Although it’s clear to me that those kids are extremely talented especially Angel Rice, wow I could watch her tumble for hours on end! I wasn’t happy about the end result not at allllllll but like I said I’ve no experience with cheer so who am I to judge (literally!) I’m praying for a season 3! As far as I know Monica is still there at Navarro and Daytona is in April so here’s hoping!

Reactions: 9