Cheer - Netflix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I LOVED it! The level of talent is unbelievable, the final routine where they’re flipping and flopping all over the place was insane! I’d love for cheerleading to become an Olympic sport but I can’t see it happening, hopefully this documentary has allowed people to see that it is a sport and a bloody talented one at that

Reactions: 4
As a former cheerleader (we all have our moments lol)..I was reluctant but might give it a go

I LOVED it! The level of talent is unbelievable, the final routine where they’re flipping and flopping all over the place was insane! I’d love for cheerleading to become an Olympic sport but I can’t see it happening, hopefully this documentary has allowed people to see that it is a sport and a bloody talented one at that
Honestly the amount of talent they have 👏 I can't even touch my toes without bending my knees!

Reactions: 1
Eeeek. I know he got given a lot of free stuff because his adoptive/foster mum fund raised for him to get him into a good school etc. Pretty sure he even got gifted a car? Not a good look for the companies affiliated with him recently.

Really shocked about this too? He came across so well in the show?
I see the others are distancing themselves from him on social media?

Wow, not what I expected when I saw the thread had been revived! I was hoping someone was saying season 2 was coming on

Reviving a dead thread because even more athletes have been arrested. Mitchell Ryan and Robert Scienna. Robert was denied bail apparently so potentially more to come out or he’s a flight risk.

I used to watch “cheerleaders” on YouTube years back which had all the original cheerlebs like Gabi Butler, Kiara Nowlin and Robert. It’s so weird remembering Robert joining as a kid and then now being arrested.

Seems to me there’s been a lot going on at that gym and links with others too. And that’a not even taking into consideration Rebel athletics (also featured on cheer) flying out a tonne of athletes to Greece during a pandemic and none of them social distancing, isolating and basically living their best lives.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
Reviving a dead thread because even more athletes have been arrested. Mitchell Ryan and Robert Scienna. Robert was denied bail apparently so potentially more to come out or he’s a flight risk.

I used to watch “cheerleaders” on YouTube years back which had all the original cheerlebs like Gabi Butler, Kiara Nowlin and Robert. It’s so weird remembering Robert joining as a kid and then now being arrested.

Seems to me there’s been a lot going on at that gym and links with others too. And that’a not even taking into consideration Rebel athletics (also featured on cheer) flying out a tonne of athletes to Greece during a pandemic and none of them social distancing, isolating and basically living their best lives.
Robert!!!! I remember watching his first day in the gym in Cheerleaders on youtube 😭😭😭 Wtf is going on in competitive cheer?!

All this stuff coming out about coaches and athletes from cheer gyms in the US is so upsetting. It's like more and more keeps being revealed. I coach here in the UK and have been involved in cheer since 2003, and 'Cheer' on Netflix was such a positive promotion of our sport and really helped in getting some recognition and breaking down that stereotype that it's just "pretty girls with pom poms" and this is all just devestating. One of the other things people find wrong with cheer is that it's "sexualised" - for example kids wearing makeup, fake tan, big hair, skirts and bows (no more than beauty pageants though...) and this does absolutely nothing to help with that image. We try so hard to make sure our kids are athletic and our uniforms are age appropriate - we've had unis with cropped leggings for the past few seasons and we keep our makeup neutral, and people still try and say it's not right for young kids to take part in it.

And that’a not even taking into consideration Rebel athletics (also featured on cheer) flying out a tonne of athletes to Greece during a pandemic and none of them social distancing, isolating and basically living their best lives.
To be fair to Rebel here, most of the US are acting like covid isn't a thing - especially where cheer is concerned. Varsity and other EPs have been hosting in person competitions with spectators and it's just insane. Especially when here my team has only been allowed about 8 weeks of training since last March... Not saying it's right, but a lot of people and businesses were travelling around that time when cases were lower and also we don't know what their processes were in terms of testing and isolating as none of us were there right? I don't think it's quite on the same scale as the other issues that are coming out in the cheer world.

To be fair to Rebel here, most of the US are acting like covid isn't a thing - especially where cheer is concerned. Varsity and other EPs have been hosting in person competitions with spectators and it's just insane. Especially when here my team has only been allowed about 8 weeks of training since last March... Not saying it's right, but a lot of people and businesses were travelling around that time when cases were lower and also we don't know what their processes were in terms of testing and isolating as none of us were there right? I don't think it's quite on the same scale as the other issues that are coming out in the cheer world.
I’m sorry- just re read my message back and really didn’t mean to sound like I was putting the COVID travel on the same scale as the arrests that have been made. It was a minor frustration with Rebel that I remembered whilst talking about Gabi and Robert.

I'm guessing all of this probably means there won't be a season 2?

It's a shame if that's the case but it's understandable. I really liked the show!

Ladarius is serving tea on his Instagram stories Q&A today!
He’s saying he was physically and mentally abused at Navarro?