Cheer - Netflix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There has been quite a lot of chat on Twitter over the last year about a culture of abuse in cheerleading in general and at Navarro with a few former athletes (not ones from the documentary) speaking out about how they were treated at Navarro. I wouldn’t be able to find the screenshots now, but the gist was that Monica is not a very nice person!

Reactions: 1
Yeah he basically alluded to the fact Monica was not the nice,motherly person she was made out to be in the series and it was all acting etc

S2 coming which I’m surprised about after what has come out after s1
Definitely seems like they address at least some of it in the new series. Plus I like that they are also bringing in more of Trinity Valley so I’m hoping the focus is more split across the two teams. Plus Angel Rice is at TVCC and she’s always a joy to watch! When I went to Worlds she was last tumble pass on her allstar team and I am not kidding when I say the whole stadium got up to cheer for her when she completed it.

Thanks both! I feel like I shouldn’t say I enjoyed it after I heard about Jerry.. I wonder if they will talk about it.

Thanks both! I feel like I shouldn’t say I enjoyed it after I heard about Jerry.. I wonder if they will talk about it.
It shows a bit in the trailer where they mention it. I don’t think they could have not addressed it.

Interestingly I saw that La’Darius is in it when he seems to slag the team off a lot on social media?
Excited to watch it though!

Anyone started watching the new season yet? Only ten minutes in but already finding the dynamic between the new ‘celebrity’ members of the team and the ones in the background interesting!

Reactions: 2
Anyone started watching the new season yet? Only ten minutes in but already finding the dynamic between the new ‘celebrity’ members of the team and the ones in the background interesting!
I've just started episode 4. The first episode reaalllly focuses on the aftermath of s1 but I think that divide dies down a wee bit from e2 onwards. I already followed a few Navarro athletes on social media before Cheer and I know quite a few of them thought they would be featured more than they were so it's only to be expected there might be some tough feelings and emotions going back in to it after the show aired when they saw the success their more heavily features teammates were experiencing. I think a lot didn't make the final cut.

Reactions: 3
Just started it and on episode 2. Good god the butlers. And that “watermelon cleanse” I feel quite sorry for Gabi

Wasn’t her mum telling her to eat properly and Gabi was refusing?
Kind of- Gabi said they were just doing choreo and her mum dropped the subject. But her mum was the one advising her on something silly diet wise last season.
Her parents come across as dominating a lot of her life, she guess it’s easy to make the leap that they also control how she eats. Especially when you see her early cheer days, she looked most healthy when she was on smoed and away from her family a lot. I just get the vibe they want to keep her a teeny tiny flier all her life- because that’s what she’s famous for.

Reactions: 4
I’m on ep 8 of season 2, don’t love the attitude of Trinity College at alllllll, so focused on hating Navarro. Don’t think there’s been as much focus on the actual cheerleading this season, more about the rest of the drama. I’ve enjoyed it but preferred s1.

Reactions: 9
I’m on ep 8 of season 2, don’t love the attitude of Trinity College at alllllll, so focused on hating Navarro. Don’t think there’s been as much focus on the actual cheerleading this season, more about the rest of the drama. I’ve enjoyed it but preferred s1.
Yeah I enjoyed s1 because I saw how hard cheerleading actually was and saw the bad and good times. S2 is mostly just talking and drama.
I felt La’Darius was hard on Monica is seemed like she has done a lot for him and he got annoyed when she went to do something for herself (dancing for the stars).

Last edited:
Just finished episode 1 and have some thoughts:

- The show is doing TV no favours. I’ve heard that they were asked to feature more heavily in S1 but chose to decline because they wanted to see what direction the show would go in first but they look so incredibly bitter of Navarro’s success.

- I can’t remember his name for the life of me but the TV athlete who basically implied that Daytona was rigged since Navarro got to perform twice was so mind boggling. If anything they were at a disadvantage as they were down one athlete and had to regroup last minute.

- Not a fan of Jada and her superiority complex at all.

- Love the Navarro newbies. I understand why Brooke didn’t make the team but the way Monica spoke about her during the deliberation process seemed a little harsh?

- A lot more footage of Jerry than what I expected there to be. Granted there was no way they could’ve edited him out completely but it feels so chilling seeing him onscreen knowing what has happened since filming.

- The dynamic between the main cast and the “background” athletes is really interesting to see. Though I wouldn’t be surprised if some of them are downplaying it so they don’t look bitter lmao.

Reactions: 3