Cheer - Netflix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey everyone, hope you’re all okay!
Just came to say - have u guys seen all of ladarius tiktoks from the last few hours!!!!!! 💀💀💀💀
---

Just came to say - have u guys seen all of ladarius tiktoks from the last few hours!!!!!! 💀💀💀💀
ETA: he’s came with all the tea and receipts!! Also said Gabi has slept with him in every relationship she’s been in including his current one & has proof of them 🫣

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
---

ETA: he’s came with all the tea and receipts!! Also said Gabi has slept with him in every relationship she’s been in including his current one & has proof of them 🫣
Came here after watching Gabis insta live on Twitter where she’s clearly very angry. Tbh I think Ladarius is telling the truth and one of the most honest people on that show. They made him out to be problematic, mentally ill and an angry black man and none of them stood up for him and yet supported a paedophile?? Gabi probably also supports Robert too (had a small cameo on season 1 and was also convicted). She’s always come across as someone who either blames her mistakes on others or just never holds herself accountable.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
RUNS TO TIKTOK NOW

I’ve always been Team Ladarius too, I think the show did him a complete disservice and portrayed him as someone he isn’t. He’s clearly troubled and obviously had a rough upbringing. I can’t imagine how it would then feel to have the “home” you thought you’d found then turn their back on you.

Reactions: 8
Not defending Gabi because she’s garbage but La’Darius isn’t exactly a saint either. It was incredibly crappy of him to leak that private video of him and Gabi, it’s a violation of privacy. Not to mention he’s a Tory Lanez sympathiser. I sympathise with him but he also lacks the ability to hold himself accountable.

Reactions: 4
I had another nosey at his TikTok and fell down a rabbit hole. Did anyone else see the part where he claims and shared messages about Monica choking athletes? And how she said Jerry was unethical but not that bad”. I wonder if part of the reason S2 split between two gyms was because producers were becoming more aware of problems at the gym. Apparently there’s lawsuits involving athletes and coaches that Navarro/ cheer organisations are trying to hide.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Apparently there’s lawsuits involving athletes and coaches that Navarro/ cheer organisations are trying to hide.
Cheer in the US is a bit of a hot mess right now with lawsuits all over the place. The whole thing is corrupt from the top down and needs a massive overhaul. That's the issue with it not being recognised as an official sport - there's no proper governance structure. The International Cheer Union (ICU) have been working really hard to achieve olympic recognition for cheerleading but there is no one governing body to take charge. Varsity requires programmes to be registered with them, compete with them, take part in their camps, even stay in select hotels chosen by them when attending competitions, but they are a profit making company and not acting in governance. Then there are a huge amount of other event providers not registered under the varsity name which people are starting to go to because they don't like Varsity. Honestly it's a shambles and there's so much to fix.

A few people were featured in Cheer season 2 who are suspended/banned from coaching due to various issues or allegations. There's so much controversy now around the various athletes, coaches, and Navarro as a whole programme that I don't think they could ever do another season focusing on them.

I don't necessarily think the problems at Navarro were the whole reason for having the series split between the two teams, but it probably did contribute in some way. I think it was mainly to try and freshen it up with new people, show that Navarro isn't alone for having a tough training and coaching regime, and also just show that rivalry more. TVCC are pretty iconic in their own right so I think people in the cheer community wanted to see them showcased fairly, and not just as a team that loses to Navarro.

Reactions: 3
Long post alert as ive just found this thread after finishing S2 recently.
Loved Khris, when his friend 1st said we invited him to be part of our family or sontbing along those lines I immediately thought he meant in an open relationship sort of way 🤷🏼‍♀️😭
Neither here nor there with Jada. Was she officially team captain, I know it was sort of implied. But was it actually her role or was she just edited to airways seem to take the lead. At some points I did b find her motivational speeches a big cringe but I do think that about most of these OTT "let's get out there we can do this"
Monica should not have decided to do dancing with the stars, it really didn't seem fair on the team when she's so hard on them all year.
I got so so bored hearing about "rookies" and how they were missing this experience because or covid and Monica being away, and how the team just weren't close. It was as if they were making out they have never had a cheer team experience which clearly wasn't the case.
Kailee Peppers was terrible and annoying.
The series definitely did feel repeative at times and too long. It needed less of "I couldnt afford to cheer but it was my escape" background stories. I would have liked a little info on how many other comps they do throughout the year and the training sessions from the point of view of those who don't make mat.
I was actually surprised at how little airtime Gabi got considering how massive she was in the cheer world at one point, same with Angel Rice.
If you aren't in the world of cheer I can imagine it would have been quite confusing to have random gym owners pop up now and again giving their opinions, I didn't really feel like it was necessary, think I'd have liked it if it had been more consistent.

Reactions: 5
I recently rewatched the second season and specifically the Jerry episode. The first time around I more or less skipped that episode, I have a daughter a similar age to those poor boys and I just physically couldn’t watch it. However I decided to watch it after seeing so many people talk about Gabis reaction and Monica’s and I am gobsmacked that Gabi and Monica even have any fans left. I’m not from the US originally but my husband is, so I don’t truly understand the whole Cheer world and how passionate everyone is about it but come on, they felt SORRY for him?! HOW? How can anyone sympathise with that man? He knew what he was doing by preying on those poor kids.
I’ve said a few things about Ladarius in the past but he was so right for everything he said about Jerry in the aftermath. It actually made me view him in a different light.
Gabi and Monica hide behind god and religion to make it seem like they’re decent people, but deep down? Their reaction to Jerry was all we really need to know about them.

Reactions: 4
I wonder if because for many that watched cheer myself included did so in a binge type of way was some of the attitudes lost cos it was just watch it as fast as possible to know what happened. I think I might go watch both seasons again to see what I make of it now.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I think both can be true in parts. I haven’t seen the videos of ladarius but it sounds really problematic. The justification of black face and hazing reads like something the butlers wrote. Regardless of whether it was intended to be racially charged or not it’s not okay, it’s like saying you used a racial slur but meant it in a nice way.