Chateau Diaries #88 Nah, her turkey is coming back from the Netherlands..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So we had complaints from the usual Dan detractors because Dan went to London for work, leaving poor Annalise at home. Now Annalise goes home for a couple of days to visit family and friends, leaving Dan with the boys - sounds fair enough to me. Instead let's start suggesting that she's only in rural France because it's what Dan wants. I really can't see Annalise as the subservient little woman, under the control of her husband/partner. It sounds as though this young couple have managed to work out a relationship that suits them so why are people still trying to pick at their relationship, with the support of both of their families. They seem pretty happy and getting on with building their home and family together.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
o
felt really irated watching it meantime sleeping under covers with other womens husbands scoffing chocolates just so super innocent after belittling wife about wearing trousers. proceeds to drive dangerous into ravene and over locals groomed gardens the latest diary entry her driving blindly without her glasses because she is 1: too vain 2: a terrible driver after waking up refer Dans Vlog 3: just a bad driver in general.

View attachment 886586

i kinda wondered that as the information she got was half truth and who ever relayed it didnt think shed actually bother or hoped shed be attending it. Shes got some over dramatic hand gesturing to do in the next meeting and some serious wheel greasing regarding locals perception.
Who was in passenger seat beside her laughing?

Reactions: 4
Patrons video (thanks @MojoDublin )

So... they needed to drive more than one hour to go to a fancy restaurant to... organise their projects ??!!

They couldn't do this at the chateau like everybody would do ?

It's a poor excuse to travel (again) and to eat in a nice restaurant... with the excuse of a business meeting ( 🤣 🤣 ) to please and calm down her Patrons.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
The Chateau Diaries
23 hours ago
Hello! We’re very lucky because the chateau is already structurally sound (touch wood!) with the exception of the terrace which has planned building work. So my patrons and I can focus on bringing the beauty back to Lalande - the gardens, decoration, panelling, heating, etc. As for the period, the chateau was built between the 15th and 19th centuries, so anything spanning those periods are technically correct for the chateau. Lalande is a chateau that has been changed by each generation and it’s that diversity and eclecticism that I love ❤
Thanks @KiKiGee for these!
Again SJ is dodging the question of patreon money and the paneling. Why she doesn't say that because it was one of the patreon goals, yes, it's funded by patrons but it's not tax-free because it's not restoration? And the paneling is 'technically' correct 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
It’s not about having to worry, it’s about the total lack of decency and respect for other peoples feelings, coming from the one who is supposed to be spreading love and laughter. The only one laughing and loving (strictly herself) is SJ. Without even seeing the patron video I can narrow down her motives for talking merchandise with Oliver: she knows how he comes across on screen and has even read here how much we all like the guy. That has turned him instantly into the money making machine she’s so greedily keen on.
I know men with very pretty wives who left them for horse faces! No accounting for taste!

So we had complaints from the usual Dan detractors because Dan went to London for work, leaving poor Annalise at home. Now Annalise goes home for a couple of days to visit family and friends, leaving Dan with the boys - sounds fair enough to me. Instead let's start suggesting that she's only in rural France because it's what Dan wants. I really can't see Annalise as the subservient little woman, under the control of her husband/partner. It sounds as though this young couple have managed to work out a relationship that suits them so why are people still trying to pick at their relationship, with the support of both of their families. They seem pretty happy and getting on with building their home and family together.
The paarfict family!

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
They rent their chateau??? You can do that? How much is rent? Huh, interesting... Might be the smartest avenue to have the experience of living in a chateau without all the negatives of costs and maintenance and then move on . Hey, I lived in a chateau for 2 years would be cool I have to say.

Edit: Do you mean they rent their chateau to others ,but do own it? I'd they do renovations,I would think they have to be the owners?
well we live in The big house...a big house on an estate isnt called a castle or chateau in The Netherlands..people of the know call it the big house or just the house..but its the same..i have to tell you its quite an experience..we moved out this week into one of the cottages..the house is too cold and drafty in winter..we keep the heating on but too low for us to be comfy..we celebrate christmas there because it has all the stuff and the space...we use the woodburners and fireplaces then..its quite magical to be able to celebrate in those old rooms you can have a huge tree in..and we also have a very big nativity scene...its huge..designed for a big room..its i think 150 years old with huge statues..all the kids like it...people can stay over...but after New year the house is closed again untill the end of Februari when we clean it and move in again...I quite like the christmas season, more because we can be together with friends and family..everybody has time to relax and catching up...the house was designed for things like that..but in these modern times those celebrations are rare..most of the time the house is a burden..to maintain, to keep it clean, and in good order..we dont have the staff my grandfather had untill the mid sixties..

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Did she just left a few days after Dan got back home?? or is it old footage from her last trip...and if her trip was recent..why do they always go seperate..i dont want to sugest things but i find it weird..
Perhaps they need a break from each other to see their own friends/family ?
A good relationship can survive not bring joined at the hip. I would never want a suffocating sort of relationship where you had to do everything together. Once a year I visit my family in the US and Canada, my other half visits his family in Asia at the same time. Our duties are done and we holiday together the rest of the time. We both have different hobbies and different sets of friends as, well as mutual ones. It's not a problem.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
They rent their chateau??? You can do that? How much is rent? Huh, interesting... Might be the smartest avenue to have the experience of living in a chateau without all the negatives of costs and maintenance and then move on . Hey, I lived in a chateau for 2 years would be cool I have to say.

Edit: Do you mean they rent their chateau to others ,but do own it? I'd they do renovations,I would think they have to be the owners?
Its been discussed that they do in fact rent it. I was perplexed however when he kept saying my chateau. Why you would sink time & $$$ into something you don’t own unless they receive credit for the work. Freaking strange!

Reactions: 13
I have never liked Tracing Oliver .... he is a poseur and very much like SJ - lazy and very "full of himself".

Evening All !

Thank you once again Mojo

Maybe she has not paid him.
Tracing Oliver! Does he really just trace? Thought he was the next Monet!

OMG! BJJ's first vlog, talk about stating the bleeding obvious showing people how to put a napkin in a ring and how to put candles in a holder with a mention of his grandmother of course and his grandparents' dinner service! Where are they going to put the serving dishes with loads of large pumpkins on the table? The main thing that struck me was the speed at which he speaks, like a bullet train! Very few non-native speakers will be able to follow what he's saying! It's the polar opposite of Nicholas Fairford in terms of speed and elegance. He looks ridiculous in his pumpkin-like beanie. He really looks like a teenager and there's something very pathetic about someone of his age telling people how to set a table! It really beggars belief that SJ wants him for a partner! How long will it be before he starts a patron account?
Not even tempted to watch!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Perhaps they need a break from each other to see their own friends/family ?
A good relationship can survive not bring joined at the hip. I would never want a suffocating sort of relationship where you had to do everything together. Once a year I visit my family in the US and Canada, my other half visits his family in Asia at the same time. Our duties are done and we holiday together the rest of the time. We burg face different hobbies and different sets of friends. It's not a problem.
this visit was a while ago, Dan showed taking care of the boys on his vlog. Its always good to be able to have a few days away to visit family and friends. I imagine that it would be difficult to the whole family go, with dan working and the boys in school

Tracing Oliver! Does he really just trace? Thought he was the next Monet!

Not even tempted to watch!
philip had one job!! lets face it, he has a long way to go to lay a table better than nichols. lets hope someone else does the christmas table

• Heart
Reactions: 10
And purely coincidental (?) Ivo just posted a picture of their other cat, that amazingly enough looks exactly like Ruby’s brother… I thought they gave Ruby’s brother to a friend, who let him slip away, but maybe they found him again? They definitely seem related...
❤
15803814_1349252905145767_3094105409384873984_n.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 17
The Chateau Diaries
23 hours ago
Hello! We’re very lucky because the chateau is already structurally sound (touch wood!) with the exception of the terrace which has planned building work. So my patrons and I can focus on bringing the beauty back to Lalande - the gardens, decoration, panelling, heating, etc. As for the period, the chateau was built between the 15th and 19th centuries, so anything spanning those periods are technically correct for the chateau. Lalande is a chateau that has been changed by each generation and it’s that diversity and eclecticism that I love ❤
I think Ollie has taken over replying to the comments 🤔

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15

No they don't own it, they rent it from a third party. I think there may have been a smaller rent if they do some renovations deal on the table. They like to assume the mantle of chateau owners but are in fact temporary custodian/caretakers.

• Heart
one other thing about the boys. annalise has her vaccination but i dont think the boys do, so of course leave them at home with their father. much safer.

Reactions: 11
Patrons video (thanks @MojoDublin )

So... they needed to drive more than one hour to go to a fancy restaurant to... organise their projects ??!!

They couldn't do this at the chateau like everybody would do ?

It's a poor excuse to travel (again) and to eat in a nice restaurant... with the excuse of a business meeting ( 🤣 🤣 ) to please and calm down her Patrons.
Honestly did we expect her and Olly to eat with the peasants at the shitoo. Geez she deserves to go and fill her gullet with tasting menus and wine pairings til her hearts content. It’s research after all! Probably because they could ditch BJJ cuz of course his allergies 🤧. 🤬

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I'm not questioning their relationship. I am questioning why they left the UK when they obviously miss UK life such as their friends. I am unconvinced that living in sub par conditions with health issues is better than renting in UK. And they went to France without jobs.

• Heart
Probably got tired of dealing with that bimbo. Who knows if she was even paying him properly.
I would think, but don’t quote me that he’s been paid, she is a bit of a nightmare, changing her mind, adding jobs and he’s just thought “I’m too old for this tit I’m out of here” 😁 just a guess

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.