Chateau Diaries #88 Nah, her turkey is coming back from the Netherlands..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
that we (U.S.) are celebrating our freedom from the Brits.
that's the 4th of July. Thanksgiving was to thank the natives for showing how to grow and cook the food (the harvest), but yes its bazaar that she thinks they should celebrate it. She should have a harvest festival celebration and take the harvest into her chapel and have a church service to bless the crops and then take food boxes to the needy in the area.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
The Chateau Diaries
The Chateau Diaries
10 minutes ago
Happy Thanksgiving lovely people ❤
I am celebrating this evening with very dear American friends, feeling thankful for everything in my life. For my family, the incredible people I live with, Lalande and this beautiful global community.

The only thing I’m not thankful for this very second is my broken hard drive which is preventing me from uploading tonight’s Thanksgiving vlog (which we filmed at Lalande last night)! Luckily I have a back up at the chateau, so as soon as I get home tonight I’ll upload the video, which should hopefully be up later tonight.

In the meantime, if you’d like a sneak peek of our celebrations and you haven’t seen Philip’s first video from Lalande, check it out on his channel @Philip Janssen
It only launched this morning and he’s already had over 13,000 views 🎉🍾🥂🎉

I hope you’re all having a beautiful evening. The photo is of the fire that I’m sitting in front of in my friend’s picturesque French manor and I’m feeling very thankful in this moment ❤❤❤
Show less

Fanny has decamped again - did she take Phiphi with her? What about Oliver? Has Petherick gone off in search of fresh young playthings? So many questions....
so she filmed a thanksgiving party ..probablty filmed 4 weeks ago...she says she is not at home...so the footage is a setup..i am not surprised...

Reactions: 23
Thanksgiving was to thank the natives for showing how to grow and cook the food (the harvest).
George Washington proclaimed a day of thanksgiving on Oct 3, 1789 and pointed to the fact that it is a duty to “acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favor.”
The rest is folklore.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Watching Angelina ... How do these people keep such beautiful nails when doing DIY work ?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
No reason to shout in caps, I have answered that question already, but will do so again: word is that he followed his visiting daughter back to the UK for a (long overdue) holiday.
No reason to shout in caps, I have answered that question already, but will do so again: word is that he followed his visiting daughter back to the UK for a (long overdue) holiday.
I WANT TO BE INCLUSIVE AND INCLUDE THE HARD OF HEARING! HA HA
Actually forgot and left the caps lock on! Sorreeeeee! Hope ypur ears have recovered! Lol

• Haha
Reactions: 11
SJ just had a meeting with Tracing Oliver about meeting deadlines but you can not get your Thanksgiving show out on time. NO I will never watch Snorty’s show!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
The Chateau Diaries
The Chateau Diaries
10 minutes ago
Happy Thanksgiving lovely people ❤
I am celebrating this evening with very dear American friends, feeling thankful for everything in my life. For my family, the incredible people I live with, Lalande and this beautiful global community.

The only thing I’m not thankful for this very second is my broken hard drive which is preventing me from uploading tonight’s Thanksgiving vlog (which we filmed at Lalande last night)! Luckily I have a back up at the chateau, so as soon as I get home tonight I’ll upload the video, which should hopefully be up later tonight.

In the meantime, if you’d like a sneak peek of our celebrations and you haven’t seen Philip’s first video from Lalande, check it out on his channel @Philip Janssen
It only launched this morning and he’s already had over 13,000 views 🎉🍾🥂🎉

I hope you’re all having a beautiful evening. The photo is of the fire that I’m sitting in front of in my friend’s picturesque French manor and I’m feeling very thankful in this moment ❤❤❤
Show less

Fanny has decamped again - did she take Phiphi with her? What about Oliver? Has Petherick gone off in search of fresh young playthings? So many questions....
Thank you @Jeeves. After Dan's delay, I wondered. Are things not going well???

Percy has already commented.

Percy Attfield
16 minutes ago
Enjoy the fire and visit. Will enjoy your thanksgiving video tomorrow.

Reactions: 10
I think this is the other brother - Justin? I wonder why the grandparents went with them - maybe Billy wants them to buy in to this project?
That sounds about right I think . I wonder too, like what could they be wanting to do with the place, it will cost them a ton of money to renovate for anything. Maybe they could renovate and all live there and just rent out the chateau as well plus rental units in this big place? It must be a good deal if they are looking into it.

Reactions: 3
OH wow! That was one awkward opening! :sick:
He looks to me like he's trying to be the next Nicolas Fairbum--another amateur pretending to be an expert? Except, Nicolas has a better taste and style. And what's up with him talking too fast? He sounded like Woody Woodpecker especially close to the end. Nervous much?

Also, that table setting reminds me of Brenda G's Halloween table!

249889216_438202981193919_3800983866196770534_n.webp(1).jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I'm not questioning their relationship. I am questioning why they left the UK when they obviously miss UK life such as their friends. I am unconvinced that living in sub par conditions with health issues is better than renting in UK. And they went to France without jobs.
They wanted to climb the property ladder when they bought the shack. Surprisingly they they wanted to take a step down.

Reactions: 8
At what stage of the panelling implementation do you think SJ will advise Amaury of all the dauphin/dauphine patreon names to be recorded on the back of the panelling? Will there be a plaque, a piece of paper or names scribbled onto panelling itself?

Most importantly for 2022, key dates for the calendar.
1. Due to the planning of flights and accomodation by over 3000 patreons from around the world to a rural area; what is the date of the summer garden party?

2. Will the catholic HK patreons pay for mass on St Joseph's day again in March?

Why aren't patreons asking these types of questions? The garden party has not been organised since patreon began. Due to covid, she promised any patreon could arrive on any weekend for a tour. No guarantee she would be there but "someone" would be there to provide a tour. Nothing happened.

I will be in Europe in summer 2022. Worth becoming a patreon again to go to the summer party. Such organisation! Permits, toilets, parking for cars and buses, food, drinks, tours for over 3000 people of the chateau, tour guides, wait staff, tables, chairs, marquees, it goes on and on.

Since my shutterdog obsession was "cancelled" by SJ, these are now my next obsessions. Watch out SJ you know once I get an obsession I go on and on about it.
My guess is Squirrelboy will use his crayons to scribble patreon names on the back of the panelling.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
That sounds about right I think . I wonder too, like what could they be wanting to do with the place, it will cost them a ton of money to renovate for anything. Maybe they could renovate and all live there and just rent out the chateau as well plus rental units in this big place? It must be a good deal if they are looking into it.
I'd love to know the thought process of Billy and Gwen. How are they even going to begin renovating something as gargantuan as what they looked at today ... Even converting it to a nursing home .... When they haven't even finished the chateau! And they moved out of the chateau to make use of the chateau for guests... I do wonder if they plan on selling the chateau eventually? But the parents have already spent so much energy on their cottage.... I can t imagine putting new e ergyy into a new building and that old building is in much worse shape than the chateau and lacks any warmth whatsoever since it was an institution.

Let's not forgot MPK cottage..... You'd think a 37 yr old would be dying to have his own personal space that the cottage would offer him and yet... Standstill.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
At Casa de T Rex, we DO clean a lot more before family comes to visit! (I seriously do not know why, as our house is generally quite clean and tidy, as we are those OCD people who never leave dishes in the sink, loos are pristine, and we make the bed every day- but we find ourselves dusting the ceiling fans, cleaning all the windows, dusting stuff we just dusted 3 days prior.) With that being said, I've learned, no one really cares and you always have to do far more cleanup when your guests leave. (My toddler niece and nephew are notorious for leaving sticky handprints everywhere.) Over the years, I've learned, while you want to use your Grandma's china, forget it, no one appreciates it unless you are having a dinner party- good quality paper plates are your friend!) Pre-cooking breakfast for guests is okay, as well as ordering pizza for the non-holiday days. For a holiday, pre-cook or prepare in advance what you can- pie crusts, pies, peel/cube the potatoes for mashed potatoes and store them in your fridge in water, even with dressing you can pre-cook the celery/onions/garlic, and just do the thing the next day. Wine also helps. I also like to task people (especially with the braggers- "I make the BEST cranberry sauce!" "You do? Fantastic! You can make it!") Holidays should be about enjoying time with family and friends- just set boundaries, and pre-game. Hugs and love, and many MANY mimosas to you!
Professional cleaners darling - professional cleaners are a must. And like our dear chatalaine, SJ, I find random volunteers to do all the cooking, table-scapping, cleanup and dishwashing.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I'd love to know the thought process of Billy and Gwen. How are they even going to begin renovating something as gargantuan as what they looked at today ... Even converting it to a nursing home .... When they haven't even finished the chateau! And they moved out of the chateau to make use of the chateau for guests... I do wonder if they plan on selling the chateau eventually? But the parents have already spent so much energy on their cottage.... I can t imagine putting new e ergyy into a new building and that old building is in much worse shape than the chateau and lacks any warmth whatsoever since it was an institution.

Let's not forgot MPK cottage..... You'd think a 37 yr old would be dying to have his own personal space that the cottage would offer him and yet... Standstill.
its the next sceem...to rip the grandparents off..they are at an age that help must be needed..so they sell their place..also the chateau is sold with gites and some almost finished gites..so they think they will make a huge profit...the monestry is cheap..probably been a school..lotts to be done to make it habitable..for the whole bunch..its not a sideproject..if i want to buy a project i dont take my grandparents with me do i? unless they are involved..mark my words..Begmania is for sale in the near future...and the grandparents house too...They cannot afford the place..its not making a profit.for them all to live off....its not possible..and then their lifestyles..spending thousands of euros on crap..And why is he so keen to keep the place and the cellars locked...because they already bought it??? I have a feeling the bank is on their heels...

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I'm really unable to make a coherent comment about BJJ's vlogging debut. It was frightful.

While I collect my thoughts, I leave this little gem I discovered on Twitter. I hope Tattlers celebrating Thanksgiving enjoy the happiest of days full of family, friends and feasts!

View attachment 887471
Well,I'm afraid Joan was right about that...

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Whenever I accidentally open a chateau video, my mind goes this just to save my heart and whatever is left of my sanity

• Haha
Reactions: 7
OMG! BJJ's first vlog, talk about stating the bleeding obvious showing people how to put a napkin in a ring and how to put candles in a holder with a mention of his grandmother of course and his grandparents' dinner service! Where are they going to put the serving dishes with loads of large pumpkins on the table? The main thing that struck me was the speed at which he speaks, like a bullet train! Very few non-native speakers will be able to follow what he's saying! It's the polar opposite of Nicholas Fairford in terms of speed and elegance. He looks ridiculous in his pumpkin-like beanie. He really looks like a teenager and there's something very pathetic about someone of his age telling people how to set a table! It really beggars belief that SJ wants him for a partner! How long will it be before he starts a patron account?
I wish to hell that BJJ and Nicholas Fairford would both just run off into the sunset together, Both are naff poseurs.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.