Chateau Diaries #73 The shake, rattle and blowing radiators in the Shittoo.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well was my statement wrong?we all have opjnions about the shatoo gang and all and we all express them here.Dan,Snorts,Marie,sj,ij even Prcy and the fleuries and all the gang.I wouldn't mind being called a superfan if I praised onevof the lot.:)
I agree that we all have our opinions about the chateauverse, and everyone expresses those opinions. That’s great…everyone is entitled to their opinion. However, there’s a select few newer members (or members who don’t regularly post) that clearly have an agenda when it comes to Dan. They only seem to show up at opportune moments (usually when the majority consensus here is that he’s done something good), and only focus on the negative with Dan to the exclusion of just about anyone else in the chateauverse. It’s just very odd and smells like a rat.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I wonder why she chose to come to the UK to train as a nurse, rather than France? Does anyone know if she trained as a psychiatric Nurse rather than an SRN as it would have been then.
Looking at the nutter she's created, that certainly would have stood her in good stead ...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
The discombobulated Tattlers
A horde of Tattlers
A throng of Tattlers

Tattler palaver (=main activity)

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Looking at the nutter she's created, that certainly would have stood her in good stead ...
Just relistening to the interview with her, it makes so much sense. SJ is a lot a lot like IJ, IJ wanted to be on stage as her first childhood desire for a career. She grew up all over the place, creating a wanderlust that SJ also has, SJ is IJ but with a father who over pampered her and it made for a crazy combination.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I agree that we all have our opinions about the chateauverse, and everyone expresses those opinions. That’s great…everyone is entitled to their opinion. However, there’s a select few newer members (or members who don’t regularly post) that clearly have an agenda when it comes to Dan. They only seem to show up at opportune moments (usually when the majority consensus here is that he’s done something good), and only focus on the negative with Dan to the exclusion of just about anyone else in the chateauverse. It’s just very odd and smells like a rat.
I love Dan
Dan's the Man
I just love the way
He holds a watering can
And the way he uses his hose
To water every bush, flower and rose
No one can do what Dan can cos Dan's the Man
He's not like all the other scroungers and Michael Peter Pan
He's a very modest man is Dan and he likes to live the simple life
Living in a very small house doing a bit of DIY with his kids and his wife
But would I love Dan as much as I do if he lived in a big château and he was well-to-do?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
I love Dan
Dan's the Man
I just love the way
He holds a watering can
But would I love Dan as much as I do if he lived in a big château and he was well-to-do?
Oh god! That's hilarious!
Some of you people are not far behind Dan in being multi-talented1 😂 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
So....
The stupid moths did NOT manage to find the hideous, massive poo, yellow sweater from winter. I was hoping it would be chewed up and full of MASSIVE, big holes that could not be fixed with iron on bee stickers.
SJ's habit of constantly pushing up the sleeves of whatever she wears and playing with her hair is so irritating.
As well as that sweater itself!!!
For once I hope she IS shopping in London and buying some new clothes that fit.
And dumping Phiphi off in a park somewhere.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I love Dan
Dan's the Man
I just love the way
He holds a watering can
I love this! I have missed your creative writing from days gone by! You're one of the reasons I enjoyed reading here so much! Your summaries are THE best! More please!

Just relistening to the interview with her, it makes so much sense. SJ is a lot a lot like IJ, IJ wanted to be on stage as her first childhood desire for a career. She grew up all over the place, creating a wanderlust that SJ also has, SJ is IJ but with a father who over pampered her and it made for a crazy combination.
Meh, I came into these vlogs with the understanding that SJ is(was?) an opera singer, and I've known a few of them in my life -- many of them tend toward the dramatic/flamboyant. So while SJ is DEFINITELY a personality I can take in only small doses, it's not shocking that she's projecting her 'performance' as though she's trying to fill a theatre-wide void, instead of the 10 or so inches that she's holding her phone away from her face.

Reactions: 11
Agent 007 throwing the stable at ya 🥰

there are times olde chap that Ihave never said …. How much I admire you

as for .. wha wha wha it’s MY opinion

read the prose above 👆
😈
4576CC87-26DF-4EA1-9F51-37484BCE9387.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 13
So....
The stupid moths did NOT manage to find the hideous, massive poo, yellow sweater from winter. I was hoping it would be chewed up and full of MASSIVE, big holes that could not be fixed with iron on bee stickers.
SJ's habit of constantly pushing up the sleeves of whatever she wears and playing with her hair is so irritating.
As well as that sweater itself!!!
For once I hope she IS shopping in London and buying some new clothes that fit.
And dumping Phiphi off in a park somewhere.
I actually like that sweater and it's one of the few shades of "yellow" I enjoy.... I basically live in skinny jeans and oversized sweaters in fall.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
While respecting peoples' rights to their opinions, I'm now "ignoring" Dan haters and Amaury baiters.
No need to announce it. 😁BTW I won't ignore Danfans or Amauryfans or Marie'steethcomments or Davyisweirdspeculators etc. Because then there would be nothing left to read. 😂
Nor people talking about religion, their ailments, the weather, their pets, their family, how to pronounce vehicle, brexit, trump, vaccination, Grindr and what not. Just to let you know. 😀 Anyway, I used to have a cat and fish and Guinea pigs and a hamster. His name was Goldi though he was black. 🐹

• Haha
This is just an observation, everyone feel to disagree. As a north american, I notice we have more boisterous voices in regular speech vs. Most Europeans and Brits. I had heard the accounting for that to be down to space.
Here we live with a general expanse of space. American style kind of leans to houses with bigger footprints. Lots of landscape and wilderness. Whereas in Europe cities have more density. Like Ina restaurant in Europe, tables are close together so the polite thing is to have a gentler voice and not have a full boisterous voice. In the US and Canada the restaurant tables are far and often have barriers for privacy. Going from the NA models to Europe .. I think it can lead to the loud American (Canadian) trope at restaurants. It's just a matter of not adjusting to the difference.
But I wonder if a similar effect plays out in normal speaking voices. The expectation is set by the environment we grow up in? I love a soft soothing voice....
Interesting take on it, you are maybe loud but you also pause a lot, as to have time to think and you do think a lot, most of the time how to avoid hurting someone's feelings, here we are not that advanced (not yet so many ppl in therapy)
also, the attitude is to be cheerful as much as possible, here in Europe we just don't do it, the values are about being humble, not to brag... you guys re the perfect opposites, it is expected that you brag and if you don't something is off with you
so I guess being soft-spoken might be part of being polite
what throws me off is that manbun Anne Marie looks very much macho like, very manly, he works in that way and then he opens his mouth and I am in awe, and suddenly I hear old nice lady speaking

Oops, I wanted to post a smiley... nice theory, but it doesn't really work, try going to Italy! And: the "neutral" British accent is often called "RP", Received Pronunciation.
but in the pub or even parliament in UK with all the old Etonians it sounds like a cowbarn

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.