The Chateau Diaries #72 Winter is coming

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I recently became a Patron for Anna and Phillipp because I felt sorry for them talking about how they need a gate etc. I've obviously cancelled my membership now after their last video. Why don't they work and save then fix up what needs fixing and then once it's all done, open it up as a B&B.

Micheal lost me when he made that video about going to Spain to hoe around and was now broke. Why are we supposed to feel sorry for him? Is making YouTube videos his full time job?? I'm not understanding why none of these people have actual jobs besides making videos saying they're fixing up the Chateau.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
43b2AljMWb51KU6myCLBBScA=s32-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Tami Brown@The Chateau Diaries will Christies have a Tastemaker video about you on their website?
ycvs-vN-Z46zjkIpYW4eWP7J=s32-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

The Chateau Diaries

@Tami Brown They'll be linking to my videos!
Hahahahahaha. I know a lot of you were skeptical when I first raised the question if she was lying about the invitation from Christie's and it was actually she who contacted them. I still have no conformation on the exact way this went down, but the fact that Christie's basically paid for her Barbados holiday (according to SJ's own confession of blowing their money on it) and yet they are not using her 'creations' for any kind of advertising should be very explanatory ...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Here are my Ancestry DNA results .... my updated results gets me some Scandinavian roots too!

Your Ethnicity Estimate may include two sorts of results.
  • Results with a indicate distant origins (500-1,000 years ago).
  • Results with a indicate more recent origins (50-300 years ago).
Ethnicity Estimate

Germanic Europe79%
Germans in the Central Russian Upland
Germans in Ukraine & European Russia
Germans in Central European Russia

Sweden & Denmark14%

Eastern Europe & Russia4%

Norway3%

Suppose I should be well adapted genetically to cold climates ... :) (I do prefer cold to heat!)
Mine was very very accurate - Basically British/Irish and 17%Swedish - which is what I am! ( GGM was Swedish).

Reactions: 6
What don't you like..... can't see what the problem is. Maybe Tattlers should join live chats. I imagine it would be like.....
@Rory hi @pjsj my love - insert multiple emojis
@Rory @pjsj did you see I said hello? How was your back/knee/prostate (insert some relevant body part)
@Rory@pjsj are you there? I said hello earlier, the live chat moves so fast - insert multiple emojis
@Rory we are such a lovely community of La Landers - insert heart, heart multiplied
@Rory hello Stephanie you look lovely in that white dress you have really got your value wearing it so often
@Rory hello mummy and Percy my loves - insert multiple emojis
@Rory @pjsj DID YOU SEE I SAID HELLO???
@Rory oh Phillip my love you are so dashing, handsome, clever, artistic
@Rory oh I hate those trolls on that site, tattling away
@Rory hello @MPotts my love how are you and @Ruthywriter? - insert emoji
@Rory Good times! The Chateau Diaries SAVED ME during lock down
@Rory Hi @Cara and @ @Celeste I will be there in 2024, pension savings allowing. Save that wool for me
@Rory did you get my parcel? @Natti?
@Rory has anyone seen @pjsj? No response from my shout outs
@Rory oh it's over all ready. Goodnight my loves
@Rory @pjsj goodnight hope you ok - insert emojis
Best post of this thread!

Don't forget: Have you had my parcel? I sent 12 pairs of handknitted knickers for darling Stephanie, to keep her warm but I haven't seen them opened yet. Can you check that the mice haven't got into the parcel as I also sent 6 packets of custard creams as they were on offer in the Co-op. Did you like the portrait of Mummy painted in Nutella on wholewheat toast?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
Is that what FRK just does now? House-sitting and dog-sitting?
I must say, compared to her old vlogs where she just sat and talked in front of the camera, the latest vlog is a huge improvement. Her editor does a fairly decent job with what I imagine is a bunch of crappy videos she gets from FRK. Also, she doesn't look as stressed out as she was at Lalande, and a lot less conscious about her teat. Being away from SJ is doing her good, I guess.
This is such a good example of all that have escaped her HMN: when they can finally breathe again, the healing starts.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
What don't you like..... can't see what the problem is. Maybe Tattlers should join live chats. I imagine it would be like.....
@Rory hi @pjsj my love - insert multiple emojis
@Rory @pjsj did you see I said hello? How was your back/knee/prostate (insert some relevant body part)
@Rory@pjsj are you there? I said hello earlier, the live chat moves so fast - insert multiple emojis
@Rory we are such a lovely community of La Landers - insert heart, heart multiplied
@Rory hello Stephanie you look lovely in that white dress you have really got your value wearing it so often
@Rory hello mummy and Percy my loves - insert multiple emojis
@Rory @pjsj DID YOU SEE I SAID HELLO???
@Rory oh Phillip my love you are so dashing, handsome, clever, artistic
@Rory oh I hate those trolls on that site, tattling away
@Rory hello @MPotts my love how are you and @Ruthywriter? - insert emoji
@Rory Good times! The Chateau Diaries SAVED ME during lock down
@Rory Hi @Cara and @ @Celeste I will be there in 2024, pension savings allowing. Save that wool for me
@Rory did you get my parcel? @Natti?
@Rory has anyone seen @pjsj? No response from my shout outs
@Rory oh it's over all ready. Goodnight my loves
@Rory @pjsj goodnight hope you ok - insert emojis
✍ To HR simply not paying you enough
Agent 007 😈

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Put on your big girl pants and start to live like a grownup.
Interesting advice to give to the mass murderer of flowers. I believe everything about this girl screams 'go back to the drawing table'. She should go back to her mother and listen carefully to the advise only a mother can give. And no, FRK, you are not allowed to say 'don't tell me what to do' to your mother, listen dear, just listen.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Hahahahahaha. I know a lot of you were skeptical when I first raised the question if she was lying about the invitation from Christie's and it was actually she who contacted them. I still have no conformation on the exact way this went down, but the fact that Christie's basically paid for her Barbados holiday (according to SJ's own confession of blowing their money on it) and yet they are not using her 'creations' for any kind of advertising should be very explanatory ...
The whole story is so strange: the online auction sale is ongoing, and Christies are not using the vignettes in any way at all.. so what is everybody thinking, maybe that the vignettes will encourage CD viewers to bid online... seriously? The main stuff they (YT-CD viewers) seem to get excited about is spode ware, toile de jouy, and stuffed hedgehogs (my personal pet peeve).

• Haha
Reactions: 21
for example the one in the corridor next to her bedroom that connects to the room where Snorty is (not) editing at the moment. She was in bed when that happened (where else would she be?) and too afraid to go check where the noise came from, so she left that discovery for the next morning....
I remember this story from back when the lesbian photographers arrived at La Lande. Although, she never did say it was her own folly, which caused the collapse.

• Wow
Reactions: 23
The whole story is so strange: the online auction sale is ongoing, and Christies are not using the vignettes in any way at all.. so what is everybody thinking, maybe that the vignettes will encourage CD viewers to bid online... seriously? The main stuff they (YT-CD viewers) seem to get excited about is spode ware, toile de jouy, and stuffed hedgehogs (my personal pet peeve).
Here's what I'm thinking: she has paid whatever she had to, to get her dirty little fingers on some real stuff to play with instead of the Emmaus crap she's used to. Christie's has allowed her to do so, not because they needed her to advertise their sale, but because they want to branch out to an audience that sort of matches hers. All and all it's kind of a bargain for them: SJ is doing the work and is filming the flogs, so no costs producing themselves.
I have never heard of a company inviting someone to do advertising for them and then settle for linking to that persons creations. It's a fart and it smells.

I remember this story from back when the lesbian photographers arrived at La Lande. Although, she never did say it was her own folly, which caused the collapse.
Of course she did not mention that, why would she? It is never ever her fault, execpt it pretty much always is....

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Someone in here - and I forget who it was - once informed me that they were looking for châteaux in "local immobiliers"... . ;) 🤣Out of politeness, I didn't correct the person and I didn't want to cause any embarrassment, but I was rather surprised to say the least ... . I mean, what sort of person embarks on such a venture - looking for property abroad - without having even a basic knowledge of the language? Seems very odd to me ... . We often criticize SJ and the Pethericks for their ignorance and lack of linguistic ability mais il y en a des ignorants sur ce forum, des gens qui s'amusent à rabaisser et à critiquer les autres alors qui'ls sont eux-mêmes des ignorants ... Ils feraient mieux d'apprendre la langue française plutôt que de passer leur temps ici ...

Talking of châteaux, I've found a wonderful property (which once belonged to one of Napoleon's generals) in the south of France that I'm seriously thinking of buying - an eighteenth-century château with outbuildings, a maison de guardien, and 100 hectares of land near Nice, with breathtaking views of the Mediterranean ...
Où est le problème ?

Screenshot (524).png

And no, it was NOT me who posted "local immobiliers"

Reactions: 5
But but but .... with panellings ?
😅
Is that an example of one of the the ever-evolving idiomatic expressions or linguistic nuances in the English language?😅

Just heard a loud popping noise ... the sort of noise a balloon might make when it comes into contact with a large pin. What was that sound? Must be all the hot air escaping ... Maybe the balloon had a clown's face on it ... Monsieur-je sais-tout raconte n'importe quoi comme d'habitude ...

Rumour has it that the Pethericks are auditioning candidates for a new series of flogs ... Monsieur-je sais-tout could audition for the role of clown ...

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Micheal lost me when he made that video about going to Spain to hoe around and was now broke. Why are we supposed to feel sorry for him? Is making YouTube videos his full time job?? I'm not understanding why none of these people have actual jobs besides making videos saying they're fixing up the Chateau.
Welcome! Yes, I was also a fan until I saw the light! Michael brought me here, too. He says making YouTube videos about chateau renovation is his full time job…but since he hasn’t made very many videos lately, and no renovations for months…I have no idea what he does! Probably busy hanging the silver award in his bedroom.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I have to say Isabelle is the worst. She definitely rejects anything French. Must be something to do with her childhood... in the French colonies ! As she went to UK to train as a nurse very young (21 or 22), I suspect she has never lived in France - except for holidays and retired at Lalande.

However France is good enough to give her daughter à "vie de château " and glory (in their small minds).
Would love to see the locals approach La La Lande with lighted torches and pitchforks in hand! Too bad there’s no balcony for SJ to address the crowd. Of course, SJ would say “Oooo! A re-enactment of the Revolution! Paaaaaarfect!”

64FAA04C-ACCE-4EC9-8166-B387119E06EB.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
I'm considering returning to work after retiring from a company I had worked at for 25 years last year, moving across country and resettling near where I grew up. I hadn't considered lipstick namer as a possible next career, so thank you Tattle for the idea!
Interesting and not to derail - but I think we would all like to know why you decided to retire, why you have decided to come out of retirement and does it involve you moving back across country? (If you don't mind answering).

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Interesting and not to derail - but I think we would all like to know why you decided to retire, why you have decided to come out of retirement and does it involve you moving back across country? (If you don't mind answering).
Yes, I am interested as I will be taking early retirement in two weeks time!o_O. i

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
We moved from a much bigger 3 bedroom house into a smaller 3 bedroom duplex (I think the British call them semi-attached??) anyway went from 2 bathrooms with a separate laundry room down to 1 bathroom with the washer and dryer in it. It's quite annoying because it never fails, you no more than get into the bathroom and someone is knocking on the door saying "hurry please!"...plus, the other kitchen was quite large and this one is tiny...very little prep area and very little storage. I hate it! I guess it's a good thing I hardly ever cook. We're looking for a bigger place but rents are SOOO high anymore and we can't afford to buy. Someday..........
I loved my little 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom house, but I lived alone at the time. If my partner and I lived there now, we’d probably be tripping all over each other! I like to have my personal space. There’s such a thing as “too much togetherness!” 😄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.